The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium

In this new and somewhat bizarre age when a few lovely things happen amid all those less-than-lovely statistics it was a particular pleasure to witness abuse of crowd control measures this morning.

Some here may be aware that I work at a large and still-busy railway station.  We now have a one-way system for passengers managed by agency crowd-controllers who have been issued with large purple foam "glove" hands with which to direct people as required.

This morning what appeared to be a moment of friction went something like this: 

Passenger descends footbridge against the one-way flow and is spoken to by the crowd-controller.  Passenger seizes their large purple glove and walks away.  Passenger then seizes the large purple glove from the next c-c and walks further away.  Towards a member of the regular platform staff in fact.  

Passenger then "hugs" platform staff member using his outstretched arms and the two purple gloves for extra distance while thanking them for continuing to provide a good daily service.  Passenger repeats this with three more platform staff and one of the Network Rail Welfare Officers.  

And then returns the gloves to the c-cs who had followed him expecting something much less pleasant to happen!   I believe both c-cs sanitised their hands before re-applying the large pointy-finger things and resuming their finger-pointy duties.  

• Like 8
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, kevinlms said:

Squirrels & a training course.

Copied the assault course from the ones that were on the Beeb many years ago.

Edited by melmerby

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, 34theletterbetweenB&D said:

I have just seen on the BBC scrolling feed that from next Monday six people in the UK will be permitted to meet.

Where do I apply to make sure my name is in the hat to be drawn as one of the lucky six?

Six may meet in public or in a private outdoor space such as a garden.  But you are still not allowed into a friend's house to use the toilet.  An oversight, perhaps?

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Gwiwer said:

Six may meet in public or in a private outdoor space such as a garden.  But you are still not allowed into a friend's house to use the toilet.  An oversight, perhaps?

Brother Boris did mention that there would some wrinkles to be sorted out...

Those coming to meet in our garden will be offered the option: dig your own hole in the woodland over the fence, or take a chance on our downstairs karzi. We'll socially distance from it afterwards for several days...

(And on a related issue, the general closure of public lavatories is a real problem for many.)

• Agree 1