The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

G'Day Gents

Just 'think' the wife's got nowhere to shop !!!!!!!!

I would have thought that petrol would be on that list of essentials. You don't want to drive 500 km. and run out.

A bit country specific, but our Australian contributors will understand why this is funny.

225744_1016988591299_8746_n.jpg?oh=10f03

Whereas, thanks to Barry Mackenzie I think this one may be understood internationally.

225954_1016988031285_5084_n.jpg?oh=6bf95

• Like 4

I would have thought that petrol would be on that list of essentials. You don't want to drive 500 km. and run out.

Be no good using my old triumph trident. That would only do 200k to a tank full at a push a long one at that.

No so much downhill, (although We West Aussie's think so if We have to travel East ;))

But at least it's flat on the Nullabor, so not too hard for SWMBO to push :O

(With helpful footnotes for the non fluent Australian speakers...)

Not yet being a grey nomad*  but having older rellies**  who are in the know, and also getting disturbingly close to retirement  time and so  therefore needing to start  planning 'The Trip***, I'm pretty sure that there's some allowance needed for the prevailing wind, ie you need to allow for the westerly wind hampering  your trip  from east to west and therefore costing you extra in petrol money at certain times of the year or something?

I don't know because I  just fly everywhere****

Footnotes:

^A retired person, or couple who sell their house and goods to buy a huuuuge motorhome in order to explore this magnificent -  but scary because of outback serial killers -  land. Their kids hate it because it uses up  their inheritance so they can't afford Sydney real estate.

** A shortened version of the word 'Relative" which most of us don't realise so we just say rellies.

*** Everyone talks about doing' the trip' (ie: see above about the grey nomad thing). . Its part of lifes natural progression, you look forward to your 18th, then your engagement, getting married, the kids, the kids engagement, the kids leaving home, ,retirement  then its 'The trip" . If you are asked about when you are going on the trip  but have no valid plan in response then you are weak and un-Australian.

**** I really do fly everywhere..ok I did once back in 2013 when I went to Tassie*****. . Have not been anywhere much since then.

***** Cairns.******

****** Just kidding! Tasmania.

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 2

Yeah, but the shop in Penong with that sign doesn't sell it. There is a museum of windmills a couple of hundred metres up the road though, so that's all right :D.

And, yes, Nullabor conditions can catch one out re fuel consumption, as I discovered when I was forced to buy the eyewateringly expensive diesel at Balladonia Roadhouse because I'd miscalculated and my jerrycan reserve wasn't going to get me to Norseman. Mind you, if I'd chanced it and therefore been babying the van to stretch the range, i probably wouldn't have got nicked for speeding half an hour later. Oh what an expensive morning that was :D.

G'Day Gents

Just 'think' the wife's got nowhere to shop !!!!!!!!

Have you told her / does she know 'bout 'Amazon' ?.  No ?  Best not to . (Let her know)

God I had forgotten about those evil things. 'rat trap pedals' we used to call them.

Especially bad when this happenned:

post-22541-0-93767400-1501483300.jpg

Usually at maximum distance from home, meaning a long ride with  bare skin directly on pointy bits. 

Especially painful on uphills..

• RMweb Gold

Popped into the pub whilst out walking, The Shepherd and Dog at Fulking.

Some of the Tapas sounded nice, not sure about the Steyning rabbit though....

attachicon.gifDSC01284.JPG

Beer was nice..

How much??????, that's taking the p!ss, not just the shitake.

I'll stick to my bottle of wine and 5 tapas for 5 euros menu thanks!

MIke.