The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

!

6 minutes ago, Mark Saunders said:

Our elected officials decided to allow so much water that it shrinks to under half the size and beats the wet dish cloth into second place when it comes to water content!

...... and coming to a supermarket near us, soon.

Possibly

Allegedly

• Agree 6

• RMweb Premium

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/10-000-minimum-chips-chip-shop-swindler-jailed-for-300k-of-extra-charges-20190614-p51xre.html#comments

Amazing, did the fish & chip shop owner, really expect to get away with iy? Secondly, who in their right mind, has that much funds in their account WITHOUT some sort of additional protection?

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
43 minutes ago, kevinlms said:

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/10-000-minimum-chips-chip-shop-swindler-jailed-for-300k-of-extra-charges-20190614-p51xre.html#comments

Amazing, did the fish & chip shop owner, really expect to get away with iy? Secondly, who in their right mind, has that much funds in their account WITHOUT some sort of additional protection?

What's so unusual?

They do that in some swanky restaurants.

Give you very little and relieve your wallet of an awful lot!:yes:

• Funny 1

16 hours ago, melmerby said:

1826769993_bacon2.JPG.60f725dc98757a5f5eb32e03083094ee.JPG

You call this bacon?:

bacon.JPG.8f82bf84edfa7826579e488ed742e400.JPG

:jester:

I have a cookbook of US origin and everything in it calls for truly gigantic quantities of sugar or sugar based products. I mean everything, not just the sweets and puddings. 

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
17 hours ago, Ramblin Rich said:

... along with chlorinated chicken :bo_mini:

I am amazed that so many people pick up on chlorinated chicken. For years in the U.K., chlorinated water or water treated with per acetic acid / hydrogen peroxide has been used to rinse carcasses. Go round any chicken processing plant and you can smell it. Also, and just like bacon as mentioned earlier, many meat cuts are injected with treated water to reach a certain weight!

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

Sorry to continue the off topic posts but I do feel people ought not to be distracted by the chlorinated chicken thing.  Bleach is used to disinfect machinery.  Washing chicken carcasses has been illegal in the EU for over 20 years.  The talk around chlorinated chicken appears to be a deliberate attempt to distract the discussion from a more detailed analysis of food standards, i.e. if the only difference between EU chicken and US chicken is that the US carcasses are dunked in chlorinated water then what's all the fuss about?  This misses the point.  The main concern is, or ought to be, around animal welfare and hygiene standards during production and what else is in the meat.  There is a long list of antibiotics, growth hormones, GM food additives, pesticides, herbicides etc. also banned in the EU which the US considers acceptable.  There is a fundamental mismatch in standards.  Roughly speaking: US = OK to use until proven dangerous, EU = only OK once proven safe.

• Like 4
  • Agree 10
  • Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Premium
45 minutes ago, Two_sugars said:

I'm sorry but these last two posts haven't made me smile . . . 

John

My fault I suppose for taking a light hearted pop at US bacon!

• RMweb Gold

Me too.  I can't believe the guy doesn't realise that it's driving around them anticlockwise that is the problem.  We've had them for years over here without any trouble.

• Like 3
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, teaky said:

Me too.  I can't believe the guy doesn't realise that it's driving around them anticlockwise that is the problem.  We've had them for years over here without any trouble.

Best get the Merkins to start driving on the left then:D

• Agree 1

Two hillbillies walk into a restaurant. While having a bite to eat, they talk about their moonshine operation. Suddenly, a woman at a nearby table, who is eating a sandwich, begins to cough.

After a minute or so, it becomes apparent that she is in real distress. One of the hillbillies looks at her and says, "Kin ya swallar?" The woman shakes her head no. Then he asks, "Kin ya breathe?" The woman begins to turn blue, and shakes her head no.

The hillbilly walks over to the woman, lifts up her dress, yanks down her drawers, and quickly gives her right butt cheek a lick with his tongue.
The woman is so shocked that she has a violent spasm, and the obstruction flies out of her mouth.

As she begins to breathe again, the Hillbilly walks slowly back to his table. His brother said, "Ya know, I'd heerd of that there Hind Lick Maneuver but I ain't niver seed nobody do it!"

• Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1