The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, grahame said:

Apologies if these have been posted before . . . . 

!cid_0965f467-07b8-4717-9f6a-1217effcad49@eurprd09_prod_outlook.jpg.9ffa7650bd9db7f993e71673a095e5a1.jpg

That is the most accurate and relevant thing I've seen for quite a while.

Not only is that woman's glass half empty, there's a hole in the bottom of it, and somehow she gets paid good money and still has a job despite constantly making a tit of herself.

Mike.

• Like 1
  • Agree 15

^ I saw a pick up truck lose a wheel (not the whole axle). It did not make me smile. I was headed in the opposite direction and watched the wheel keep rolling down the middle of the road long in my rear view mirror.

It had a huge amount of rotational momentum and kept going far longer than I expected - several hundred metres. I would not want to have been hit by that.

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Ozexpatriate said:

It had a huge amount of rotational momentum and kept going far longer than I expected - several hundred metres. I would not want to have been hit by that.

They make very good energy storage flywheels.

Truck and bus wheels are very heavy.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

With apologies to @66738 but this advert above his post in the 89 thread made me smile  :D

45B3C32A-3AE2-4425-80F2-8AC736C0F783.jpeg.af33a549d382f1833cd84d440032fa52.jpeg

I have no idea what the hell the algorithm is that inserts that! It ain’t gonna get me to buy from them but then I ain’t complaining either :) 

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Funny 17

3 hours ago, PaulRhB said:

With apologies to @66738 but this advert above his post in the 89 thread made me smile  :D

45B3C32A-3AE2-4425-80F2-8AC736C0F783.jpeg.af33a549d382f1833cd84d440032fa52.jpeg

I have no idea what the hell the algorithm is that inserts that! It ain’t gonna get me to buy from them but then I ain’t complaining either :) 

:D Easy on the eye isn’t she! 
I wonder if Hornby adverts appear on women’s fashion sites?

Edited by 66738
  • Like 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, raymw said:

image001.jpg

A friend of mine must be feeling exactly like that.

She was feeling a little unwell with flu like symptoms. It was suggested to her, that she should get tested for the Coronavirus, so she did. Afterwards she was told that she would have to self isolate until the results came back, which could be up to 14 days. Also to not ring up for the results, as they are too busy to answer the phone for enquiries.

That was bad enough, taking so long for the results. She has subsequently learned that a few friends got tested elsewhere and got there results back within 2-3 days, as negative.

She is feeling no different after 7 days.

To make matters worse, her son who lives around the corner, has mental health issues, becomes very abusive if she asks him to do stuff, like shopping for her.

I'm not really available to help, as it is about 1 1/2 hours drive each way. However, if I get the opportunity to be down her way, I will offer to help. Maybe tomorrow (Thursday).

• Friendly/supportive 8

• RMweb Premium

This case is going to be spread out for some time, until the High Court case comes to a crunch.

https://www.theage.com.au/business/companies/bitter-peanut-butter-battle-bound-for-high-court-20200520-p54uvd.html

Just amazing that Heinz think that they can sell a product range , yet still retain control.

Will the lawyers be dry or oily?

• Funny 3

21 hours ago, kevinlms said:

This case is going to be spread out for some time, until the High Court case comes to a crunch.

https://www.theage.com.au/business/companies/bitter-peanut-butter-battle-bound-for-high-court-20200520-p54uvd.html

Just amazing that Heinz think that they can sell a product range , yet still retain control.

I noticed the reporter was the mining and agribusiness correspondent. Does that mean he’s also in charge of the sheep dip?

steve

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
18 hours ago, manna said:

97389004_125534059140304_8744338627636494336_n.jpg

When I was a student the landlord provided a fridge a bit like this. One day someone turned it up to ITV or something (this was from a 405 line TV) and everything went off.

- Richard.

Edited by 47137
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Premium
23 hours ago, kevinlms said:

"Kraft" say that "Mondelez" didn't have the right to sell the branding.

Originally the Kraft group changed it's name to Mondelez, then as Mondelez, spun off a new "Kraft Foods" company from the group, splitting into two food companies concentrating on different areas of the market..

A nice conundrum for the lawyers to make a killing out of.

• Agree 2