The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, manna said:

G'Day Folks

101061166_2510645255932732_631065046654386176_n.jpg

So what's that?

A self service KFC - "pick your own chicken":yes:

Bit like some seafood restaurants where you point to a fish and a few minutes later it's forlornly looking at you from your plate:jester:

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, melmerby said:

Bit like some seafood restaurants where you point to a fish and a few minutes later it's forlornly looking at you from your plate:jester:

We lived in Japan as kids, at one restaurant my sister said " Look at that lovely fish in the tank, isn't it colourful" ...yep, that was the one I asked for :diablo_mini:  funny that she didn't want to taste it..

Edited by chris p bacon
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1

4 hours ago, chris p bacon said:

We lived in Japan as kids, at one restaurant my sister said " Look at that lovely fish in the tank, isn't colourful" ...yep, that was the one I asked for :diablo_mini:  funny that she didn't want to taste it..

You should always appreciate where your food comes from!

MilliwaysCow.jpg.e0e51921bcdf94f36978478fd98415ca.jpg

• Like 4
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, DavidB-AU said:

age.jpg.3f5f7e115c203765ce4c22efd757e536.jpg

Shouldn't that be Tea , Earl Grey, Hot..

• Agree 8

9 hours ago, Mark Saunders said:

A lot of blood spilled at the Nel Gwynn tea rooms lat night! 

Think there was a general "whoosh" on my response, thought the general enjoyment of all things Python and spinoff would have worked this one out.  It was the famous scene in Fawlty Towers where Polly has to work out the name of the Horse (Dragonfly) from Basil's wild gestures!

Jim

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, luckymucklebackit said:

Think there was a general "whoosh" on my response, thought the general enjoyment of all things Python and spinoff would have worked this one out.  It was the famous scene in Fawlty Towers where Polly has to work out the name of the Horse (Dragonfly) from Basil's wild gestures!

Jim

yep, it was lost on me I’ll be honest. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Hroth said:

Amazing how his tshirt and apron make him look like he's wearing a Starfleet uniform....

patrick Stewart’s finest performance is definitely his appearance on extras.....

”then her dress falls open, but it’s too late, I’ve seen everything” 

The outtakes Are brilliant

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, newbryford said:

It makes me :) that some people are thick enough to post their stupidity on social media for all to see...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-52922353

someone we had a crash with posted a vid on YouTube of himself a couple of days before our incident doing 130 in a 60 limit, and an older video of himself doing 90 in a 30 limit (amazingly and quite by chance that video was Filmed passing the front of my old house in north wales hence why I knew it was a 30 limit) 

the videos were downloaded by the police and were going to be used as evidence in court Before he was advised to plead guilty to dangerous driving when they were presented to his lawyer as part of the evidence pack

• Like 7

I dropped a unopened can of Guinness onto the kitchen floor. I certainly was not smiling then about the outcome. But then I had a thought comparing the result to the Space X pressure test for their Starship, which caused me to snort beer up my nose, which is probably as good as smile under the circumstances.

Presure test.jpg

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium

And to think that I had recently bought a six-pack of that stuff (glass bottles, btw); now that I have tried it, well never again! Although I will admit that it was not as bad as Edmund Fitzgerald:

102_9458.JPG.44ecee1e30b8caa4e6a1020ee2f8fbc9.JPG

Steam Whistle from Canada on the other hand is a top-notch brew.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2