Parrot Hall - 80/90?s 25kv NW suburban in OO.

kevpeo

• 1 month later...

I've not been completely idle!  All the door handles and grab rails have been fitted to the 304 and 303,  glazing is now ongoing and the sound decoders have been ordered from Bif to be collected at York show.  To keep me from going completly insane (or more so?) I've been having a play with another project -1248644345_323trial.JPG.0c9dadc9933d01ce0c7f2742d0c2281d.JPG

An attempt at a 323! All the sides have been marked out on plastic sheet, and this one has been filed out and attached to a doner 158 coach.  It looks promising, a few 'sink holes' in the plastic but nothing that cannot be filled and smoothed. No more progress can be expected on this one until the older units are complete.

Edit, the bad news is the Cherry paints have reacted with the solvent and wrecked the paint job on one side of the 303 power car!!!! :mad: It is mainly the brown so may be salvageable. Lucky its the only car done so far. 304 is fine, so far.

Edited by kevpeo
  • Like 5
  • Craftsmanship/clever 9

• 2 weeks later...

Feels like the final push now! Windows are in, weathering done and final details fitted, just the seats to sort out now -

Seats.JPG.70b967ac2afcc8f2ebae99dd4e487eb4.JPG

Of course, because of the Replica mech in the power cars, seats in them are not an option. I may be able to give the impression of seat ends in the 304, but the 303 ones are behind the pillars. The 304 ones are the Southern Pride ones, but 3 + 2 does not fit, so my passengers, when I fit them, will get a bit more room! The 303 ones are chopped up Replica, chucked in free when I bought the chassis's. Kev.

• Like 11

An impression of seats in the 304 power car -

1532457557_powercarseats.JPG.5417e970b29df1b9ab6ec044280f089c.JPG

Seat painting is ongoing. The wires and motors, and ,when fitted, the DCC gummins should be fun to hide! And that's about as far as I can go for now. So I may have a play with the 323 middle car for a while. Kev.

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

After packing Parrot Hall away before it's trip to Showcase next weekend, I got the EMU's out for servicing. There is a few quids/hours worth sat there!683826875_EMUs2.JPG.26ae0f2d067c64837c58f2b10d5b0658.JPG

The 320 will not be going of course, and is now redundant on Coppell too due to the influx of 'proper EMU's! I've adjusted one stretch of O/H into the station which was very close to pantograph 'run off' and fitted a temporary lighting kit, nicked off Ian's (my co-operator for the weekend) Swiss metre gauge layout.

Now the question is, do I run the layout to two era's. ie the B/G 304 and 303 with blue stuff. And then the two 304's and 310 with sector era stuff. Or do I just run the lot! Any thoughts. Kev.

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold

Run the lot! :P

I’ve been a follower of your layout thread for quite a while and given many likes but this is my first message! Superb layout and stock ... I’m planning to attend DEMU next weekend, so looking forward to seeing Parrot Hall in-the-flesh.

• Thanks 1

How have I missed this thread? Well, I've found it now, browsed it and it's super, and such a refreshing change from tired and  smokey steamer layouts.

But gutted I'm going to miss DEMU ShowCase. Hopefully, UPDate will include full reports and plenty of pics.

G

• Thanks 1

On 25/05/2019 at 15:25, kevpeo said:

After packing Parrot Hall away before it's trip to Showcase next weekend, I got the EMU's out for servicing. There is a few quids/hours worth sat there!683826875_EMUs2.JPG.26ae0f2d067c64837c58f2b10d5b0658.JPG

The 320 will not be going of course, and is now redundant on Coppell too due to the influx of 'proper EMU's! I've adjusted one stretch of O/H into the station which was very close to pantograph 'run off' and fitted a temporary lighting kit, nicked off Ian's (my co-operator for the weekend) Swiss metre gauge layout.

Now the question is, do I run the layout to two era's. ie the B/G 304 and 303 with blue stuff. And then the two 304's and 310 with sector era stuff. Or do I just run the lot! Any thoughts. Kev.

i say let do the 2 era/s    

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

After a break since showcase doing Coppell stuff and stock boxes, the nice weather got me out on the patio with knife, chisels and files -IMG_0237.JPG.7edafaff4a00cb5aa967dea71117232c.JPG

Two more 323 sides filed out, two to go. Of course the patio is now covered in bits of plasticard and dust, but no doubt the wind and rain will be along shortly to clean up after me! Kev.

• Like 13
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• 1 month later...