Parrot Hall - 80/90?s 25kv NW suburban in OO.

kevpeo

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry Jeremy, I was very remiss and failed to take a single photo!  Parrot Hall is now set back up at home ready to restart progress, I hope! In the meantime I finished these two off –

post-8271-0-62165300-1477586339_thumb.jpg

31 158 in original Railfreight, from the Hornby model, and still awaiting a sound decoder.

post-8271-0-59612900-1477586363_thumb.jpg

And 31 229 from a Lima model, with the motor bogie swapped for another trailing one and a TTS decoder. Both may make appearances on PH as well as Coppell.

Also at our show I picked up a few road vehicles –

post-8271-0-23010400-1477586386_thumb.jpg

It’s a start, but a few more to source yet. Kev.

• Like 14

Sorry Jeremy, I was very remiss and failed to take a single photo!  Parrot Hall is now set back up at home ready to restart progress, I hope! In the meantime I finished these two off –

attachicon.gif31 158.JPG

31 158 in original Railfreight, from the Hornby model, and still awaiting a sound decoder.

attachicon.gif31 229.JPG

And 31 229 from a Lima model, with the motor bogie swapped for another trailing one and a TTS decoder. Both may make appearances on PH as well as Coppell.

attachicon.gifTraffic jam.JPG

The 31s look very smart i like both colour that there in mate.

• Thanks 1

The lima 31 still stands up well doesn't it?

Think I actually prefer the overall look of the Lima compared with the newer Hornby version. I have got both and have thought of doing what some people have done on Rmweb and fit the Lima body on the newer chassis.

Cheers

Simon

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Those 31's look great Kev. Was really good to see PH at Barrow. The attention to detail and catenary is superb.

I liked the 81 not that I knew the difference from an 85! I blame that on age as I was still young when they were in service. Lol.

All the best

Mark

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Hello Kev

Just come across your thread. So impressed and inspired to have ago at something similar in 2mm. Love the idea of units coming in, a little shunting going on at the rear and unit(s) departing. Fantastic! Have quite a few CE & suitable speedlink wagons in my collection also lots of 31s :sungum:  Your giving me ideas for a 'plank'

Keep up the great work and I will be following with interest.

Cheers, Anthony

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Work slowly continues!

post-8271-0-12313200-1486295582_thumb.jpg

The road vehicles have acquired wing mirrors of varying designs, and painting started on ‘the duck’ until I realised I hadn’t fitted the barge boards. Doh!  This is now ongoing and then painting can be restarted. Kev.

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

attachicon.gif31 158.JPG

attachicon.gif31 229.JPG

attachicon.gifTraffic jam.JPG

You need a bus to put on that bridge Kev. :mosking:

• Funny 1

• 1 month later...

The 'duck' has acquired handrails, 'lead' flashing and weatherproof sheeting on the 'hut' at the side as well as some more paint. Four streetlights have also appeared, two on the bridge and two alongside the pub.

post-8271-0-73495100-1489404206_thumb.jpg

No bus on the bridge though! Kev.

• Like 14

• 1 month later...

Hi Kev,

Good to see it's all progressing nicely still. I must have missed your bus on a bridge comment. I'm just working on a Leyland National ex Barrow no 17 in Stagecoach which would suit it well.

I'm also hoping to catch those real tractors at Barrow next Monday when I'm down.

All the best

Mark

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I really like this layout and have been watching from the sidelines from some time now. In particular the rolling stock, track and OLE are all very inspiring and helping me to extract a digit to get my own layout to the stage where I can get scenery on the go.

I think you've really nailed the appearance of the track with a look I'd quite like to replicate - is there anywhere where the new concrete meets the old timber trackwork? I've been struggling for a while now in visualising how a transition from one to the other might look. Prototype photos haven't been too helpful as the subtle differences seem too subtle to transfer to a model!

Great work though, and I'm sure to be back with more questions, not least on those lovely EMUs - so evocative of the era.

Andy

• Thanks 1

Cheers guys, progress is painfully slow! I have managed some slates -

post-8271-0-41381200-1492691062_thumb.jpg

about 50% there. But it's a little tedious one row at at a time! The roof you cannot see is all done bar the ridge tiles. Kev.

• Like 8

• 2 months later...

'The Duck' is all but finished, gutters and downspouts still to do -

post-8271-0-75547800-1498578715_thumb.jpg

As you can see, thoughts have turned to the factory behind -

post-8271-0-27751900-1498578736_thumb.jpg

Cardboard mock-up so far just to see whether the sizes/levels work. Kev.

• Like 14

• 2 weeks later...

As northerns strike yesterday 'scuppered' my plans to visit the East Lanc's diesel gala, I thought I'd turn cardboard into wood/plastic reality. So a trip to Crafty Hobbies for supplies, and then a nice afternoon spent in the sun on the patio produced this -

post-8271-0-15525800-1499626855_thumb.jpg

The top corner pieces are really fun! Kev.

• Like 14

• 2 weeks later...