Parrot Hall - 80/90?s 25kv NW suburban in OO.

kevpeo

• 4 months later...

It's been a while but progress is slowly being made -

post-8271-0-85946400-1512730649_thumb.jpg

A backscene of small 2d trees has appeared between the road bridge and factory building. This will be the backing to a group of 3d trees in front. Some small fence 'cages' have also appeared to keep trespassers away from the 25kv too!

Speaking of the factory this has also been installed -

post-8271-0-98904700-1512730671_thumb.jpg

This had warped badly during construction, so was glued along the lower edge and bedded in with 'weeds', before a few days later pinning the top back flat to the backscene. While I was adding the 'leaves' to the 2d trees I had to put the layout on its back so the opportunity was taken to finish wiring in all the lights -

post-8271-0-88298300-1512730690_thumb.jpg

And of course one of the platform ones then promptly failed. Oh well, I have a couple of spares! The 'duck' has also acquired gutters and downspouts. It looks like Parrot Halls appearance at Stafford show is not happening, so I don’t now which be the layouts first show now that it is getting dangerously close to being finished! Kev.

• Like 17

Kev,

Progress is looking very good.

And you know where your first exhibtion could be!

Cheers.

Paul & Carl, I hope I can pull off the weekend at 'chez Lydd'. Has there ever been a 25kv layout at Lyddrail Paul? Deep in third rail land! Kev.

• Like 1

Hello

Yes James did bring his depot layout to Lyddrail.

The 2mm one was Shaweport. If I can remember one year I posed an 86 I’d painted in EWS on a peice of track and put a couple of overheads masts with wire on and came 3rd in best layout.

Would look forward to seeing this at Lyddrail though Kev.

Thanks Steve.

• Like 1

Hello

Yes James did bring his depot layout to Lyddrail.

The 2mm one was Shaweport. If I can remember one year I posed an 86 I’d painted in EWS on a peice of track and put a couple of overheads masts with wire on and came 3rd in best layout.

Would look forward to seeing this at Lyddrail though Kev.

Thanks Steve.

Steve,

Thanks, your memory is better than mine, I couldn't think which layout of yours it was. Totally forgot James 4mm one.

Cheers.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After some letter correspondence with Dave Lewis at Southern Pride Models, I'm very happy to announce that I'm now the proud owner of a 304/2 kit. I had just about given up on one of these after Dc kits stopped doing kits, and the SPM website always said unavailable! While I was at it, I also slipped and ordered a 305/2 as well!!!! The 304 to be finished in reggie rail stripes and the 305 in GMPTE colours. Next payday I'll order a couple of Replica chassis. Kev.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...