Parrot Hall - 80/90?s 25kv NW suburban in OO.

kevpeo

Guest teacupteacup

Indeed I am, if I can suss out the correct colours! Railmatch do not seem to do them (anymore?) Kev.

Precision still do the colours!

I found the code numbers but they are not listed on the PP website, but I have found them under different codes under the Cherry brand. Kev.

Precision also, supposedly market Cherry.

I hope they still do , 'cos I'm after some of their LT colours as well as the Dark BR Steam blue.

They are at Warley so I'll have to email them to see if they still have the range. I'll pick it up at the exhibition.

C.

• Like 1

I hope they still do , 'cos I'm after some of their LT colours as well as the Dark BR Steam blue.

They are at Warley so I'll have to email them to see if they still have the range. I'll pick it up at the exhibition.

Got an email back from Precision. You can order Cherry paint through their website.

I will be doing that and picking the order up at Warley.

C.                                                  C.

• Thanks 1

Still no roof mouldings, pull your finger out Charlie! Still, pressing on, the 303 undergubbins -

post-8271-0-38087400-1541263993_thumb.jpg

or at least what I can suss out from photos. A mixture of Southern Pride, Replica and scratch. As you can see, I didn't have any trussing left, so had to fabricate most of that too, what a pain that was!  Kev.

• Like 7

Well, with 'northerns' ongoing Saturday strikes stopping me going to Blackburn show, and lack of roof mouldings stalling the 303, its back to the 304! End and toilet details mainly -

post-8271-0-24165400-1541934585_thumb.jpg

The main joins have been through the 'fill,prime,rub,fill,prime' sequence before setting too with plastic and wire. And the other ends -

post-8271-0-42100600-1541934620_thumb.jpg

I may gets the door steps on today. Note how I'm avoiding fitting all those door hinges and handles! Kev.

Edit, it is amazing how you spot errors after printing the pictures, now corrected!

Edited by kevpeo
  • Like 13

Another Saturday, another missed show (Workington this time) thanks to Northern's ongoing strikes.

Still, more modelling time, and spending less money, so an upside too! More progress on the 304 -

post-8271-0-32553200-1542457113_thumb.jpg

End detail now added to the cabs and all footboards now in place. So now there is no putting off the door hinges any longer! Kev.

• Like 11

I found the code numbers but they are not listed on the PP website, but I have found them under different codes under the Cherry brand. Kev.

C.

Got an email back from Precision. You can order Cherry paint through their website.

I will be doing that and picking the order up at Warley.

C.                                                  C.

Had you considered the paint used by the model bus fraternity maybe ?  

• Thanks 1

Those look gorgeous - I'm envious of your ability to fit so much detail - my eye just gets lost when I try to replicate such a profusion of gubbins

Thanks, believe me my eyes go crossed too a lot of the time! Kev.

Hi Kev,

Both units are looking great with all that detail on. At least you’ve been able to make the most of the time having to miss the shows. My mum has been complaining about the Northern Strikes for weeks as she can’t get to Blackburn to watch the football!

All the best

Mark

• Thanks 1

The layout looks superb Kev, fancy doing something similar set around Glasgow (my own reason for doing the 303!) I really like the 304s, very nice work. I did a 304/2 from a Lima 117 many, many years ago which I was really pleased with (it WAS a long time ago!) Still have some photos somewhere.

Anyway hope to see your layout at some point in the flesh, may be asking for advice if/when I get round to doing some OHLE too....

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Funnily enough Martyn, I did a 305/1 from Lima 117's many years ago too, and a 309 from Lima mk1's too, I wonder what happened to those?

Anyway enough reminiscing, Charlie has now forwarded the missing roof mouldings -

post-8271-0-83073900-1543671766_thumb.jpg

This has allowed the bodies to be assembled and attached to the mainly finished chassis, and they didn't fit. So after much cursing and tweaking of levels, I made them fit whether they wanted to or not! Solebars have been added to the two driving trailers and footboards added, including the bogies which I had forgotten on the 304! So these have been added to that too. Next up, fitting the roof and end details, as well as finishing fitting the door hinges on the 304. Kev.

• Like 13

• 4 weeks later...

I've not been completely lazy! The 304/2 and 303 have been completed and primed, and have now entered the painting stage. An online shopping spree has also supplied all the required paints and transfers for all three units. And in between has appeared this -

post-8271-0-37886800-1546169695_thumb.jpg

Which has been sitting in the 'when I get round to it' pile for a while. A doorless Cambrian 'Sturgeon' to go with the earlier 'Tench'. It is just balanced on its bogies for now. Kev.

• Like 7

Great project.

I used to use 304s very regularly when I lived in Macclesfield and also remember the 305s arriving from the south east in the 90s in regional railways livery. I never saw a 304 graduate from rail blue and grey until the death. Are people confusing the similar outwardly 305s? A photo of a RR 304 has eluded me. Just checking as it would be a shame to do a 304 in RR if it never happened.

• Thanks 1

Just do a google search and a few piccies pop up Ian, only 304/2's were done istr, inc 304 019,36,37 & 40. I haven't decided on id yet. I did ride on all the survivors! The 305's got modified NSE,RR and GMPTE colours. Kev.

Hi Kev,

Happy New Year

Nice job on the Sturgeon, it’s a nice kit to build but takes longer than you expect by the time you add all the details. I used some cut up coffee stirrers for the bolsters on mine, is yours done with Rail?. I did it to run with a Salmon both were not nice projects to google for images living up here!

Now the real question are you going to finish it as one of the few with the thin yellow stripe the full wagon length lol! I chickened out as with all the detail it’s not easy to mask in a straight line so opted for this simpler version:

post-6863-0-88062900-1546812298_thumb.jpeg

The units are looking great.

All the best

Mark

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...