Barleycorn kits

PhilM

Hi, Phil/George/Hesperus,

I shall be doing a review article of this new product for a well known magazine in the near future, and will give RmWeb card modellers a little 'heads up' in due course. It's nice to see a new product on the market.

Doug

• 5 weeks later...

Herewith as promised, a picture of two of the Barleycorn range. Printed on white 0.5mm card they achieve their stiffness by wrapping outer walls around inner wall/floor assemblies. They may be completed without the interior dividing walls and details, and this makes the pink/cream cottage an ideal beginners model for someone who has never worked in card, or perhaps has never tried any 'craft' pastime, indeed there are no window sills included in this model. They may be easily added from the left-over scrap card.

Include the inner walls, floor and bedroom walls,and the optional LED strip lighting unit and you start to have a more interesting model, I thought the 'wall lights' ingenious. The roof panels are nicely textured and the glazing is white printed acetate. A larger forge and cottage building and a pub and small church are in the pipeline.

post-106-0-37747000-1352547018_thumb.jpg

Doug

I built the white stone cottage a few months back - makes up into a really nicely finished building. Also used the supplied details to enhance the interior, although the likelihood of anyone seeing it on my layout is remote - but it was enjoyable to do. Also purchashed the LED lighting kit - fits very neatly into prepared area within the cottage. I came across the Barleycorn reference here on the Card Modelling Forum (someone mentioned them in passing when replying to a topic)

Murray

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived