Railex 2010 29th & 30th May

David Bigcheeseplant

Car parks in Aylesbury are free on Sunday and we recommend the long stay Friarscroft (588 places) car park close to the station which is £3 for all day on Saturday and free on Sunday detail on all town centre car parks can be found here http://eplanning.ayl...s/aylesbury.htm .

Friars Square isn't free - it's a pound (a whole pound!!!!) for the day on Sundays. Not a big deal, but worth being aware of - don't want to get to the barrier and find you've got to pay. Occasionally it's free, like this Sunday/Monday is due to the little 'occurrence' in the town centre on Saturday. Less said about that the better.

Anyway, it's not a million miles for me to walk it - here's hoping the weather is nice again this year!

Friars Square isn't free - it's a pound (a whole pound!!!!) for the day on Sundays. Not a big deal, but worth being aware of - don't want to get to the barrier and find you've got to pay. Occasionally it's free, like this Sunday/Monday is due to the little 'occurrence' in the town centre on Saturday. Less said about that the better.

Anyway, it's not a million miles for me to walk it - here's hoping the weather is nice again this year!

Thats why we have recomended the Friars Croft car park which is free on Sunday its close to the railway station and is just off the access road to Morrisons and the Railway station road.

David

That is really bad news and amazingly short notice (what excuse building works? did the place suddenly fall/burn down?) I always go there as the parking at the centre is nearly impossible if you arrive latter than show start. I really like Railex and have to say the convenience (and cost) of parking at the school has always been a plus point.

The bus service is a nice to have for those who can travel to the show by train but the service is very restricted by frequency and capacity.

Although there may be limited places in the hospital staff car park, staff arriving and finding every place taken are not going to be well pleased, whether they are turning up for work or planning to use their parking permit and visit the show.

David, you must be gutted at this, working hard to build up the number of visitors only to have to potentially turn them away due to changes to parking arrangements at this late stage.

It is not the pay and display nature of in-town alternatives it is the practicality of finding them, and getting to-and-from the show from the car park.

That is really bad news and amazingly short notice (what excuse building works? did the place suddenly fall/burn down?) I always go there as the parking at the centre is nearly impossible if you arrive latter than show start. I really like Railex and have to say the convenience (and cost) of parking at the school has always been a plus point.

The bus service is a nice to have for those who can travel to the show by train but the service is very restricted by frequency and capacity.

Although there may be limited places in the hospital staff car park staff arriving and finding every place taken are not going to be well pleased, wheter they are tuning up for work or planning to use their parking permit and visit the show.

David, you must be gutted at this, working hard to build up the number of visitors only to have to potentially turn them away due to changes to parking arrangements at this late stage.

It is not the pay and display nature of in-town alternatives it is the practicality of finding them, and getting to-and-from the show from the car park.

We will try to increase the vintage bus service if demand allows, my other half will be on it selling programmes so will keep me informed of if we need to make extra runs, we think we may be able to do a return trip every half hour if required.

The school is having an extention to the rear and some new access, The school also has a new headmaster plus an appointed bussiness development manager and who is totally unflexable to any of our requirements, at first not allowing us to park on the field if it was dry then hiking the price of the remaining 100 places on the hard standing to a cost than would be far in access of what we could afford, to give you an idea the price would have been a 1400% increase on what we have paid before for less than quater of the spaces! The building work was the final straw as it seems they just did not want the bother of any bussiness at all!

We have use of the Stoke Mandeville Staff car parks that are free for our use and closer to the stadium than the school anyway, plus another Staff car park five minutes walk away in the hospital grounds, our car park marshals will be out helping you to find a place. In the week the hospital car parks are really busy but at the weekends tend to be very quiet, the staff car parks we use tend not to be used due to the distance from the hospital although to our advantage are very close to the stadium.

Disabled vistors will be able to park close to the stadium in marked bays.

David

plus an appointed bussiness development manager

and what exactly is the point of that in a school?

I could think of a few places where the axe could fall in public spending cuts...

The hospital car park I parked in a few years back was a long way from the stadium - especially by road, so I'm guessing from your description it was the wrong one :D

Disabled visitors will be able to park close to the stadium in marked bays.

Although I have a gammy leg that sometimes makes walking painful - I can hardly claim to be a blue badge holder. There are probably quite a few like me who are in a similar category

• RMweb Gold

Although I have a gammy leg that sometimes makes walking painful - I can hardly claim to be a blue badge holder. There are probably quite a few like me who are in a similar category

Indeed I am, and no blue badge either - but last year I found the car parking folk at Wycrail extremely helpful (fortunately, as sometimes when I get out of the car the transition to foot use is sometimes both painful and verrrrry slow) and I have had similarly helppful treatment at Abrail in the past.

and what exactly is the point of that in a school?

I could think of a few places where the axe could fall in public spending cuts...

I had simular thoughts, charges seemed to justify his existance of the post!

The hospital car park I parked in a few years back was a long way from the stadium - especially by road, so I'm guessing from your description it was the wrong one :D

The closest staff car parking is ajacent to the stadium car park on the site of what was the old wooden hospital buildings there is just a dividing fence between the stadium car park and the staff car park, if you drive to the stadium car park our marshalls will direct you though a roadway to this car park, a further staff car park is located just a bit further along.

If you do have walking problems please do inform our marshalls as they will try to get you parked.

Due to things like swim school at the stadium that finishes mid morning there will hopefully spaces will become avalible as people leave.

Also a reminder that tickets can be brought at least an hour in advance both days while the cafe will be open from this time, and so will the viewing gallery overlooking the hall.

David

This is coming up faster than i'd thought, must book somewhere to stay as I can never see enough in 1 day, or do the round trip!

That hospital is rather large so I wouldn't surprised if you parked in the wrong bit Kenton.

Must admit i've missed the turning into the housing estate the the stadium is in a few times. I think they were building a new road last year though weren't they?

This is coming up faster than i'd thought, must book somewhere to stay as I can never see enough in 1 day, or do the round trip!

You could always stay at the Hop Pole and come to the evening do!

That hospital is rather large so I wouldn't surprised if you parked in the wrong bit Kenton.

Must admit i've missed the turning into the housing estate the the stadium is in a few times. I think they were building a new road last year though weren't they?

There are building a new road in it won't be ready this year as the work on the new housing estate stopped last year.

I had a look at the extra parking in the hospital grounds we intend to use, the is another large car park beyond the stadium running track that should hold a few hundred cars.

David

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a map of the car parks around the stadium.

If I get time I will tidy the map up a bit, but hopefully it gives some ideas in the areas we have Railex parking.

I should get the bus times posted up in the next few days, there are engineering works on the Met line, and Chiltern have now issued a timetable for the Saturday but not yet for the Sunday, our Routemaster bus has been timetabled to work with both arrival and departure of trains at Aylesbury Railway station.

David

post-186-127418593555_thumb.jpg

Boy what a line up! Wish i could go ,but i think its a bit far for one day ,having to come from Devon by TRAIN!!!ohmy.gif

Lots of traders that i would love to spend my cash with!!! you lucky pepole!!!!

Darrensmile.gif

Boy what a line up! Wish i could go ,but i think its a bit far for one day ,having to come from Devon by TRAIN!!!ohmy.gif

Lots of traders that i would love to spend my cash with!!! you lucky pepole!!!!

Darrensmile.gif

It maybe worth seeing if you can car share as there are people who come up from that part of the world, you would be surprised on how far people do come each year. We have had for the past few years a car full of people who come over from Holland for a day trip!

David

bustimes.jpg

This is the bus and train times for Saturday 29th we still await the revised times from Chiltern Railways for Sunday as soon as we get them I will post them here.

There is no break at lunchtime on the vintage bus service this year, if it gets very busy we will add extra runs during the day.

The No.50 service bus to Halton runs every half hour on the same route and departs from the bus station rather than the railway station.

David

Archived