Railex 2010 29th & 30th May

David Bigcheeseplant

Does anyone know about the engineering work on saturday? I am coming from marylebone and was wondering if i'll get a direct train or will it involve any changes as it does not mention this when i got my ticket n trainline, I was wondering if it would affect the journey times much?

Our time table for the vintage bus at begining of this thread gives the times of the trains from Marylebone, the "a" prefix shows a change at Princes Risborough

David

post-186-127485876485_thumb.jpg

post-186-127485883117_thumb.jpg

I have had enquiry phone calls this week and it's quite interesting how far people are coming such as Hastings, Forest of Dean and quite a few other places, although I found out we have a visitor coming from New Zealand to Railex, not too sure anyone can beat that.

I would be interested in how far people are travelling to come to Railex.

David

I know this may be the wrong place to ask but does anyone have any idea whether the bubble car will be doing the shuttle on the saturday (Aylesbury - Princes Risborough)? Not sure whether the engineering works would make a difference.

The Bubble car does not tend to be used at weekends although it has been put in to action on a Saturday once or twice, there are through trains direct from Marlebone to Aylesbury via Princes Risborough as the engineering works is on the Met line.

David

I have had enquiry phone calls this week and it's quite interesting how far people are coming such as Hastings, Forest of Dean and quite a few other places, although I found out we have a visitor coming from New Zealand to Railex, not too sure anyone can beat that.

I would be interested in how far people are travelling to come to Railex.

David

Woodbridge in Suffolk, 120 miles each way (which is why I am staying with friends near Oxford on Saturday). So it'll probably be a 300 mile weekend altogether.

Jol

I'm coming from Finland to have a look. To be honest, my wife has a house in Oxfordshire, but I live over here and am flying in on Friday evening, hoping to visit Railex on Saturday.

Have you been before? I hope you enjoy the show thats dedication,

David

No, this will be my first visit to Railex. As I say, I hope to make it on Saturday, but it is my wife's birthday, so it might be more diplomatic to delay until Sunday!

We have a trader (Parkside) and Layout (Connerburn) from Scotland and Intercity Models from Cornwall, but they are there because they are invited its the general visitors and the distance they come that surprises me.

David

And what about Clinkerford coming all the way from Ireland !!!

John

It looks like Andy C has been at work! As John said at Warley he was not doing any more shows after Railex.

Is Andy C coming down this weekend as I will have to have words.

David

I saw Andy at Warley and was invited to the 2011 show shortly after. Railex was going to be the last one, honest guv! We had a last minute panic with an intermittent binding brake on the trailer, so have stripped out the motorhome and are coming in that instead. At least we will have our own loo and can stop for a brew on the way!

Looks like we have prime location John right by the front door! Nice touch David putting the 2 Forest of Dean layouts next to each other.

I apologies in advance John as i'm going to let the team down on the corporate image! I do however have a couple of presents for you to make up for it! :D

See you all tomorrow!

Paul

Archived