Bachmann Service Dept

Stu from EGDL

Hi Gang;

I have a pretty trivial one in the big scheme of things...Here goes;

A few weeks ago, whilst I was out of the country a friend purchased a couple of FNAs for me. He duly handed them over in exchange for hard cash last week. I then proceeded this morning to unpack them to remove the awful top numbers. Duly admiring my Brasso handiwork, I then noticed that one of the FNAs was missing both buffers on one end. Quick search of box, bench & floor proved fruitless....so a quick e-mail to Bachmann service dep asking for a couple of buffers as they obviously hadn't been fitted and I am sans receipt and many miles from the shop.

Bachmann's reply was that they have no rolling stock spares and to return it to the shop for replacement or refund. Now I cannot do that as I now have no receipt and 'damaged' goods. My rant is that if I did return it to the dealer, he would swap it, return the offender to Bachmann for replacement or dealer credit and Bachmann would have an incomplete FNA on their shelf. Now, if the nice man at the service department had just given me a couple of buffers, perhaps off a stock item, then the same result would ensue.

Unfortunately, Bachmann have washed their hands of it and I now need to talk to Bernard Taylor nicely for a pair of Oval Buffers for my FNA.

Like I said....trivial....but Bachmann have disappointed me today!!!

Later;

STU from EGDL

Hi Gang;

I have a pretty trivial one in the big scheme of things...Here goes;

A few weeks ago, whilst I was out of the country a friend purchased a couple of FNAs for me. He duly handed them over in exchange for hard cash last week. I then proceeded this morning to unpack them to remove the awful top numbers. Duly admiring my Brasso handiwork, I then noticed that one of the FNAs was missing both buffers on one end. Quick search of box, bench & floor proved fruitless....so a quick e-mail to Bachmann service dep asking for a couple of buffers as they obviously hadn't been fitted and I am sans receipt and many miles from the shop.

Bachmann's reply was that they have no rolling stock spares and to return it to the shop for replacement or refund. Now I cannot do that as I now have no receipt and 'damaged' goods. My rant is that if I did return it to the dealer, he would swap it, return the offender to Bachmann for replacement or dealer credit and Bachmann would have an incomplete FNA on their shelf. Now, if the nice man at the service department had just given me a couple of buffers, perhaps off a stock item, then the same result would ensue.

Unfortunately, Bachmann have washed their hands of it and I now need to talk to Bernard Taylor nicely for a pair of Oval Buffers for my FNA.

Like I said....trivial....but Bachmann have disappointed me today!!!

Later;

STU from EGDL

Although I can see your point, I guess technically they haven't actually done anything wrong.

I have (albeit for loco parts ranging from a Black five Drawbar to goodie bag for an A1 and geared wheelset for a 108) always found them able to supply and very obliging and helpful.

Regards

Roy

Hi Roy;

You are right in stating that the service department have done no wrong.

I have, however, bought an incomplete Blue Riband model....and the after sales service is not exactly Blue Riband either.

Still disappointed, but hunting the spares box for suitable buffers...

Later;

STU from EGDL

Archived