Hattons Model Railways of Widnes (formerly Liverpool).

tractor_37260

• RMweb Gold

..... loyal customer of Hatton's and indirectly of Bachmann having invested thousands of pounds over the preceding years and having many more hundreds on pre-order that both parties should at least be affording us some kind of ....

I think you are confusing customers with investors.

• RMweb Premium

Has anyone noticed in the last few days the Hatton's current website has been incredibly slow?

Pages are refusing to load for me and I'm getting a lot of 500 - timeout errors.

Has anyone noticed in the last few days the Hatton's current website has been incredibly slow?

Pages are refusing to load for me and I'm getting a lot of 500 - timeout errors.

Yes, it is. Probably bandwidth issues due to so many people hitting it at the moment.

RMweb is neither judge nor jury.  We have as much detail as we need to know.   We can make informed choices based upon that as indeed I did myself some little time ago now when I chose to cease shopping in Widnes altogether for a variety of reasons not all of which would be within Hattons' control.  

Whether we come to learn more later or not is for the parties directly involved to determine, and only them.  Any suggestion of compromise when there are legal proceedings in progress can be construed as interfering unlawfully with those processes.  I would neither wish to have that accusation laid at my door nor that of the Andy, Warners or anyone else involved here.

I made the same decision some time ago, and for similar reasons to Gwiwer. We are all customers and have the opportunity to place our custom where we wish.

• RMweb Premium

Yes, it is. Probably bandwidth issues due to so many people hitting it at the moment.

I found it incredibly slow when looking through their bargains yesterday.

I don't seem to be able to get through to it all now.

But it was fine when I placed an order last night.

very slow at the moment - to be fair to them I've had a load of problems recently with my hosting provider being very slow so I've moved and its ok now with the same website - obviously every time i complained it was my website code that was the issue :-)

I think the simple answer to that is, ask Hattons if you have pre-orders and then make up your mind it's not RMWeb's job to make decisions for you.

I did just that re the Europheonix 37 at Warley and was given a vague answer 'oh about a couple of weeks'. Which surprised me as Hattons's are a major retailer I thought they would be first to get batches (Rails had it so I ordered from them). Cancelled pre-orders and people buying elsewhere must be costing them thousands.

Of course their business relationship is nothing to do with us - but you will never stop gossip - about anything.

RMweb is neither judge nor jury.  We have as much detail as we need to know.   We can make informed choices based upon that as indeed I did myself some little time ago now when I chose to cease shopping in Widnes altogether for a variety of reasons not all of which would be within Hattons' control.  

Whether we come to learn more later or not is for the parties directly involved to determine, and only them.  Any suggestion of compromise when there are legal proceedings in progress can be construed as interfering unlawfully with those processes.  I would neither wish to have that accusation laid at my door nor that of the Andy, Warners or anyone else involved here.

I had not realised that there are legal proceedings in progress, as a result I now agree that no further speculation should be engaged in until the matter is resolved between the parties concerned.

.   We can make informed choices based upon that as indeed I did myself some little time ago now when I chose to cease shopping in Widnes altogether for a variety of reasons not all of which would be within Hattons' control.  

I would be interested to know why? Might be of use to ourselves in our current battle with the Local Authority who chose the first week in December to throw a "ring of roadworks" around the town centre. Only working on the roadworks between 9-5 in one major location. Councils reasoning? They didn't want to disturb guests at two hotels within earshot. Unless you know the area then you will end up on the Mersey Gateway Bridge and have to pay two lots of tolls to get back!

Sometimes it's better to proof-read....

Incoming email from Hattons this morning, offering free rolling stock it would appear!!!

Showcasing their two best sellers for the year (the other is the SECR 'P' Class): 

Hornby Class 87 "Electric Scot"

Hornby's model of the iconic Class 87 is now available in both BR blue and Intercity Swallow liveries, depicting the era when these locomotives heralded the evolution of express services between London, Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool and Glasgow in the 1970's and 1980's.

With a wealth of added detail and super-detailed complimentary rolling stock available, the Class 87 has a place in every modern image collection.
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

With a wealth of added detail and super-detailed complimentary rolling stock available, the Class 87 has a place in every modern image collection.

It's not free - it has a DCC sound chip and it tells you how wonderful your layout is as it rolls along.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

But what would I do with an 87 and 200 Oxford Rail Mk3s on an SR branch.

Typical offer, nothing in it for me.

Ah the ghost of Christmas Past to rival Slade's 1970's offering..the re release of "Nothing There For Me " Nigel & The Neverwazza's Greatest Hits. :jester:

It's not free - it has a DCC sound chip and it tells you how wonderful your layout is as it rolls along.

On DC the voice starts, speeds up, slows down and stopped according to the movement of the train - at top speed it sounds like Pinky and Perky and at a crawl a satanic verse.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

On DC the voice starts, speeds up, slows down and stopped according to the movement of the train - at top speed it sounds like Pinky and Perky and at a crawl a satanic verse.

No, that's what you get when you run the train backwards.