O gauge Milk tankers

DapolDave

I made a shocking discovery today,the Great Western Society have preserved a Southern Railway milk tank wagon.

Tongue firmly placed in cheek,what difference does it make to the collection there??

Nothing what so ever,it's good that we all have varied ideas of what we want to buy,otherwise it would be a boring world.

Now,where did I put my 3 rail model of the N2? Tank locomotive that was produced before.

Does it matter it's a 3 rail model,yet kids loved them no doubt when they were produced.

If you buy one/some then like me enjoy them,however if you prefer kit building and think these wagons are the ###### of the devil then that's your right too.

Happy Days.

For me, it's more of a consumer issue now...Dapol pretty much sums up the current attitudes by many manufacturers (across the board) these days (with it's latest release).

Wishing everyone all the best, as before, yet wanting to stimulate some thought and challenge beliefs (and failing?).

<wonders why 883rapid rated a previous Post 'Indecipherable' and Cantongoat rated it (#114) 'Disagree' twice - oh that's right, I know now, it's becasue I have quoted some facts and challenged a belief system or two!>

It's good that we dont all agree - yet I do find it strange that I want better for others than they want for themselves and that some punters are prepared to defend the likes of Dapol their purchases to the death LOL

CME

Edited by CME and Bottlewasher

What I can't wrap my head around is why certain members find the need to repeatedly bash Dapol. It's their choice what models they make and how accurate they are.

I full accept that there are many errors with the tankers and I am grateful to those who have shared their extensive knowledge of the prototype.

However, rather than just saying ''I won't be buying them because x, y, and z are wrong with them'', we have descended into questioning Dapol's business plan and having a go at those who have made purchases. Neither of which are appropriate in my opinion.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

Hi Red Death,

I'm at a bit of a loss as to why you would bother replying to this thread given you are not really interested in the product!

What makes you think I'm not interested in the product? I've bought as many as others on here. Just because a seller doesn't sell what we want, must we keep quiet? There are possibly many reasons why things are what they are, but it seems that some folk do not comprehend them, so does that mean your opinions are the only ones that matter about what a manufacturer should make and sell?  I said I was not interested in the product at that price, others said not at that level of detail, why are you at a loss with that? Nobody has said why Dapol did it the way they did, maybe even Dapol don't know, and if they did, I guess they most likely wouldn't want to get into a discussion on here. So, with all the complaints being made, it is far too late. It was well over 18 months after the first drawings before anyone raised any problems, maybe more should have been said in October 2012, if you cared so much. 

wrt someones comment about Dapol being arrogant - what does that make you - the tail wagging the dog?

At the end of the day, it is all just a form of entertainment, playing trains or this forum.

Best wishes,

Ray

• 2 years later...

Interesting comments from Joel on the N Gauge Facebook thread - whilst the delay is obviously bad news for their n gauge following, they appear to be re-tooling the o gauge milk tankers to accurately represent the promised St.Ivel version (presumably 7F-031-005).  No sign of this news appearing on the Dapol Development page or elsewhere though ...

Interesting comments from Joel on the N Gauge Facebook thread - whilst the delay is obviously bad news for their n gauge following, they appear to be re-tooling the o gauge milk tankers to accurately represent the promised St.Ivel version (presumably 7F-031-005). No sign of this news appearing on the Dapol Development page or elsewhere though ...

Hi,

Funny you should Post this now, I was wondering if the latest batch of 7mm Tanks might be retooled? The Dapol originals were such a missed opportunity and the various kits for these, whilst very good, are often complex and take time to build-I havent much time, at the moment, if I did kit building is more of a pleasure than 'retail (RTR) therapy'.

But if RW is involved, then there is a good chance that a much better model will be produced and I could then be tempted, especially now that, most of Dapol's 7mm range is very close Lionheart standards (for rolling stock).....the Terrier even made it into two MRJ articles.

FWIW the mags, trade et al often pull their hair out re Dapols communications or lack of such.

Thanks for Posting.

CME

Edited by CME and Bottlewasher

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
On 12/01/2020 at 03:28, brossard said:

I retooled my own tankers:

P1010001-002.JPG.dd3e0a6736d8aae017501b4089f3644a.JPG

I made them look more like the LMS vehicles they were supposed to be.

Underneath too:

P1010003.JPG.1b78de85e6f960bccc58dd954d43b1b5.JPG

A lot of work but very satisfying.

John

They look nice John.

Can you give us a run down on what you did and used to do so.

I'd be interested to hear about it and see such.

Atvb,

CME