Parkside Dundas Penrhyn Hunslets

RichardJones

They are indeed in existence, using the search function on the site, have a look for a member called Beardybloke. He's got a Linda and is building it on his blog (well he's building it on his workbench and describing on his blog!)

The reason there are delays is that the chassis' for the kits are made to order, which obviously takes time.

From what I've read on both here and the NGRM forum, the chassis is a lovely bit of engineering and runs very well indeed, so worth the wait by the sounds of it!

Hope this helps

Cheers

J

That's a very smart original condition Linda there Chris, they do look somewhat ungainly at the front without the pony wheels now fitted, but that's the design and not your build! I know Parkside offer them with a 2-4-0 chassis too (specify on ordering) which to me at least, would be preferable for aesthetics, time period modelled and for some extra pickups if it would be possible to squeeze them in!

I take it the chassis runs smoothly?

Cheers

J

• 2 weeks later...

I thought that the chassis for the two types of kit were the same which might add to the ungainly appearance of the 0-4-0 version - it's been extended for a pony truck that's not there!

Mine's still in much the same condition as described on my blog here which is to say:

post-6718-0-48092200-1352319409_thumb.jpg

Since the photo I've successfully (I think - the araldite is setting for the third time on the second set as we speak) attached both sets of cylinder drains and the lubricator and have made up a mounting lug for the dome. Once I can start handling things again, the next step is the whistle mount. I suspect that she'll be staying in plain brass and whitemetal until the weather improves for spraying, though.

In terms of assembly, it's a lovely kit - the best I've ever attempted (which isn't that many, admittedly) but is crisply moulded and requires very little fettling to go together - I'd highly recommend it.

Archived