The next Ixion loco - what do you want?

81A Oldoak

I did a lot of research into building a few different models over the past 10 years.

I actually planned on building an 0-4-0 Manning Wardle and a Hudswell Clarke 0-6-0 before Ixion announced theirs! Thankfully the Fowler diesel wasn't on my radar too!

I also planned on building an X200 Rail Tractor, and then someone said that a R-T-R brass version would be released. No sign of it yet, but I bet I'll get half-way through building it and one will come out.

I was going to adapt a Roxey Mouldings Terrier into an NSWGR N67. I believe that this is the former Vulcan Models kit. The announcement of the Dapol Terrier made me decide to try to convert one of those instead as it was much cheaper, would have a proven R-T-R chassis and being in plastic, hopefully easier to modify. I'm still waiting for that to come out!

Hi Andy,

Thanks for that link - interesting!

Here's what I Posted on that Thread as perhaps it applies here too?;-

Good news for many and I wish the fellows well with their new venture - nice looking loco.

Hope this wont affect Ixion?

Still, waiting, as a modeller of the so called 'modern image', for some smaller locos of the Ixion, Manerva ethos to appear (love the esoteric names BTW) from someone, anyone - up to BoBo size?

Kindest regards,

CME.

ATVB,

CME

I wonder what the minimum radius is for the Peckett(?).

Probably in the same ballpark as the Fowler. As said recently in this thread, the limiting factors will most likely be buffers and/or couplings in the train as opposed to the loco, especially when propelling (and other than perhaps a tight radius entrance to an engine shed I can't think of many situations where the minimum radius of the loco alone is particularly critical).

..... And certainly all the previous locos from this (sort of) stable have done exactly what it said on the packet.....

Very good choice of prototype, I think - a fit-in-anywhere type loco, with a great charm, an excellent price - and building on the experience of the previous locos - which is even better!

I know what my lovely wife will be getting me for Christmas - I better let her know.....

Well, I know what I'm buying this year whilst I am still waiting for the fabled Dapol Terrier to hit the shelves!

I must say that it is a very good choice of prototype as it will suit light railway and industrial layouts. Small locomotives, high quality, excellent prices... what more could you ask for?

I am sure that there are plenty of modellers who will stick with R-T-R locomotives and build kit rolling stock, but it may also help nudge people into building other locomotive kits in the future as their skills and confidence builds.

My mate Dennis is feeling a bit sick now having just bought an Agenoria kit.........

Looking forward to them coming out

No need for him to feel sick. The Agenoria kit goes together very well and, providing the frames are given some flexibility (springing or compensation) will run well. And when he has built it he will have a brass model - which is likely to look that bit sharper and more convincing than a plastic one.

Chaz

Archived