Experimenting with underlay and Ballast.

Hi,

I know these questions have been asked probably a million times before but I can’t find what I’m looking for. I have been experimenting with ballasting sections of track using

Woodland Scenics ballast and the Proses OO/HO Ballast Spreader, I am very pleased with the visual results but as anticipated there’s a lot of noise caused by vibrations. To combat this I started to experiment with the Peco foam underlay, this keeps the noise down by makes properly ballasting impossible and ruins the visual effects.

I have heard goods comments about Cork underlay and the Gaugemaster Ballasted Underlay, what I could like is some personal recommendations about what works best.

Many thanks,

Bradley

I know these questions have been asked probably a million times before but I can’t find what I’m looking for.

Have you actually tried the search mechanism? Put the two words ballast and underlay in the search box at top right of any page, click on the grey bit and make sure that 'Google site search' is selected, then click on the magnifying glass icon. You'll find a large number of topics that cover just these questions.

Nick

Archived