If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Making one's first blog post

HorshamClubMember

Hi Horsham

Quite simple.........sign in...........on the drop down menu next to your name on the top right of the page....select " Manage Blogs "..........when that page opens.....select create blog on the top right hand side............then just follow the prompts

Cheers Gormo

• RMweb Gold

A quick look suggests that this might work -

1. Click the tab marked 'Blogs' at the top of the page, and

2. Once the new page has opened click the the button marked 'Create a Blog' on the right hand side above the 'Recent Entries' column.

3. Follow the instructions once the next page has opened.

Edited by The Stationmaster

Welcome to RMweb! Both Brian's and Mike's suggestions should lead to the same "Manage Blogs" page.

Only one problem, this option does not appear when I log in.

Just a thought, is there any restriction on new members creating blogs? I didn't think there was, but it may have been imposed more recently.

I'm sure you're intending to present some interesting modelling, so please don't be offended by the following. Can I suggest, if you haven't already done so, that you spend some time looking through some existing blogs to get a feel for what works here on RMweb, and what doesn't. It would also be a good idea to have a quick skim through the topic on Blog Quality. Most of us use the blogs to present progress on specific projects with plenty of photos, and these are the entries that usually receive the most feedback. There are other ways to use the blogs, of course, but we do like to see fairly substantial contributions in blog entries. Sometimes, particularly if you hoping for significant feedback, a topic in an appropriate area of the forum might be a better choice than a blog.

Nick

• RMweb Gold

Welcome to RMweb! Both Brian's and Mike's suggestions should lead to the same "Manage Blogs" page.

Just a thought, is there any restriction on new members creating blogs? I didn't think there was, but it may have been imposed more recently.

Nick

I suspect Nick that 'Manage Blogs' is only present if you've got a blog to manage - it certainly isn't there on my personal drop down menu.

That would make sense, Mike. It's around three years since I created a blog and the software has changed a bit since then. I seem to remember there was a way to do it from your profile or settings, but that doesn't seem to be there any more.

Nick

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 years later...