This forum area will be available for the first couple of weeks for members to make test posts to explore functionality.

Test image post via iPad

Steadfast

Looks to be pretty simple. Select 'More reply options', then 'Choose file', 'Attach This File' and that should be it.

If it is, then there should be a BRCW GTi hiding in the Colinton porage mill below.

This is with iOS6. I found that the Advanced Uploader is necessary to get the picture the right way up (or maybe I just took it upside down).

post-6795-0-86977900-1350815024_thumb.jpg

Ahhhhhhh, now all I was struggling with was linking a photo from my Smugmug.

The top bar of the posting window with smilies, add an image from elsewhere online button etc doesn't show on the iPad. So I couldn't direct link to my images on smugmug. I had an idea out of the blue to try img tags, lo and behold it worked! Is there a way to make that top bar above the posting window work on iOS or is it flash based?

Here's what I see

i-5h7WpQ6-X2.jpg

Typing img tags on the iPad is rather clumsy, with square brackets lost in the 3rd level of menu in the keyboard.

I got this online by taking a screenshot, uploading to smugmug via Camera Awesome and then direct linking in img tags

jo

• RMweb Gold

Hi Jo,

On your SmugMug page, click the Share and then Get a Link icons:

post-1103-0-70596400-1350861744.png

On the next page, click Embeddable Links and then one of the Copy* buttons according to picture size:

post-1103-0-34118000-1350861747.png

Then on your iPad just do a Paste into the editor. You should get the picture, and clicking it after posting should go to your SmugMug page, like this:

IMG4851-180108-M.jpg

* I know nothing about Apple systems. The Copy buttons may be using a trick in Flash to access your clipboard, in which case they won't work on an iPad. If the buttons don't work, select all the code in the box and copy it.

regards,

Martin.

Cheers Martin,

I knew there was an obvious and easy solution I was missing. It's so obvious now you've said it!

It is easier on the Windows PC, I must say!

I normally highlight and copy the text manually anyway, rather than using the copy button, because CTRL+A then CTRL+C is second nature for me!

Ooh that's made me think of something else I can't do on the half eaten fruit based device, the missing 'smilie' bar at the top also includes the formatting of font etc

jo

• RMweb Gold

Ok. Castle' picture overhangs the border of the page (as viewed on an iPad) as does my post in kit and scratch building.

Wizard and ewsjo photos don't do this, so what's the secret?

Not sure...am not particularly sharp myself with technology but just to say my image had been resized to 800 x 600 in irfanview on my PC (as I usually do for uploading on my blogs) and that image I had previously then copied onto the iPad so I uploaded that one.

So I wonder if the original image size has something to do with it?

Archived