60maniac

Here as promised are some pics

post-4852-12623676534841_thumb.jpg7105 heads towards the photographer

post-4852-12623677316308_thumb.jpgthe whole layout

post-4852-12623677742411_thumb.jpg58047 on its way to newby tmd

post-4852-12623678313023_thumb.jpg37248-08871 in the headshunt today

post-4852-12623679116655_thumb.jpgA railtour wooshes past the photographer

enjoy....

I haven't posted on one of your threads on new RMweb so thought I would Change that.

Looks good Richard, I like the layout I have a growing fondness for deasils and more threads like this aren't going to help!

Keep up the good work,

Will

I have now installed the first platform starter which is a 2 aspect over all there will be 4 platform starters 2 each end a signal at the exit to the yard with a feather and 2 3/4 aspect signals either side of the level crossing will put pics up of new signals after I install the second signal....

• 2 weeks later...

would it be possible to see another picture showing those coaches in the last shot again whilst stationary??

Yes sure will be up later so will get a few snaps some are quite old there Hornby composite lms carriages can now be found in the railroad range iirc

I think it's about time I updated this...

I have installed 2 2 aspect signals as starters

I have fitted underlay (foam) to the outer loop the 'fast' line and has dramatically improved running the level crossing may go as its not very level etc and as it goes straight into the TMD seems a bit of a waster at the moment so that will come out I will also be installing 2 point motors for the crossover and hopefully if I have 3 point motors will have one for the entrance to the yard but I might "improve" the layout of that junction as trains are running a bit odd over it needs to be sorted then underlay that 'slow' inner line may look into having terminus platform there or something as it seems to be gathering a number of locos parked up in it. I am also hoping the TMD can be re-sited on a separate board towards the left hand side of the layout or for siding space as I think the depot at the moment can be increased in size were it is sited so will look into a re-work of the track layout there as well.

More to come...

Many thanks Richard

Right...after trying and trying yesterday RM web wasn't having anything so that why there was no pictures yesterday

"]Pic 1Here we see 153359 on a stopper service pass 66610 on a depot shunt maneuver

Pic 2This is the shed now sat in its hopefully final position mounted on foam board

Pic 3the footbridge with the shed behind it now note the level crossing has gone to allow another cross over to be fitted

I will get some more pics up tonight hopefully also towards the end of this week i will be installing the first point motor which will go on the 'short' crossover will also hopefully obtain another express point so can remove the short crossover as everything seems to fall of it when they traverse it

Many thanks Richard B)

*EDIT* I have put URLs in as on this computer I can't upload the images and RM web doesn't like the photo extensions so I will upload the images on the other computer tonight

Right while RMweb's working again here are some pics

post-4852-12642409291157_thumb.jpg 153359 on a stopper service passes 66610 on a depot shunt manove

post-4852-12642409809954_thumb.jpg I must say that the footbridge has now gone as i have remoddled the track layout and depot will put pics up tonight/tomorow after ive done more soldering

beware that foam ballast can make track un-even ;)

good pictures,reminds me I need some more stock so I have more of a variety. B)

Yh im not botherd the board sinks in the middle so this has combated the problem whilst I work on Improving the framework underneath

Looking good,

I've now taken the plunge and have started my own 80's-90's layout called 'Eastly works' have a look in 2010 challenge. I am holding you totally resposible for this :P .

Will

Glad to of helped Will, Eastly looks very good must I say

Been doing some more track plans and working a few things out trying to make the most of the space I've got available i'll take some more pics and put another update on here by the end of the week hopefully

• 3 weeks later...

Rightio I think its time the truth came out :P the board last month got cut into a U shape (I'll put pics up later on) then in the as couple of weeks I've made a board to cross the front which can handle 2 tracks over the past couple of days the main job has been making that sitting flush with the MDF as of today it is now after I had the sander and all the filing equipment on it as I say I'll put pics up later once I've finished I also have some new stock :D Thanks again Richard

Archived