I'm trying to.....

the penguin of doom

Hello all.

Thanks for looking in. I have recently been appointed as the Hessle Model Railway Groups exhibition officer and as such, I would like to try and establish some contacts in my local area. Having visited the Manchester show recently, I found that many visitors to the show used RMweb, so what better way to "put ourselves about a bit".

Having said that, we are not adverse to travelling and are taking one of our layouts to the Warley show in November as well as one confirmed and one potential invite next year.

We are based in Hessle, East Yorkshire and currently have two layouts available for exhibition. We are quite new to the exhibition circuit but are enjoying our experiences so far. We have held one open day so far, but since I was new to the job, I didn't have much of a clue about what was available and how to go about booking some visiting layouts.

So, if you are an exhibition officer in your local club/group and would like exchange contacts with a view to booking a layout or visiting us in the future, please post a reply on here or drop me a pm.

Many thanks.

Sean.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Sean,

East Yorkshire might be within striking distance for the Mansfield show, and would be ok for me to exhibit with Summat Colliery without resorting to accommodation (just!)

I'm full for March 2013, but have started firming up ideas etc for 2014

cheers

Ian

Mansfield St Peter's Model Railway Group

Hi Sean,

We are not far away from you (Scarborough) and all our club details can be found here http://sdrmweb.co.uk/

I'm the chairman of the club and can put you in touch with our secretary or exhibition manager as you require. There is a layouts section which will be updated at regular intervals and we can swap information for exhibition purposes as you wish. We have our annual exhibition on the third weekend in August at Pickering, and although it is a small show, we do try to have quality layouts attending and are always on the lookout for more.

Layouts currently available for shows from us include The North of England Line (N), Haymarket Cross (OO), Heron Lane Depot (OO), St. Cyrus (OO), Computrains (OO), with a few more building or in storage.

I'm sure our exhibition manager would like to keep in touch with you regarding your layouts and our show.

Apologies if you have already made contact with our exhibition manager already.

Best wishes,

Mike

Ps...both The North of England Line and Haymarket Cross are at Warley this year, so we could meet up if you fancy a chat.

Thanks Ian and Mike.

As above, I will get in touch with you both in due course. and look forward to chatting.

I have heard of summat colliery, but don't think I've seen it - all good reports though. I have also seen Haymarket Cross and thoroughly enjoyed it. I'll definately be having a walk over to you at Warley but will chat before.

Also, while I'm on, if anyone is visiting Warley and wants to chat to me about exhibitions etc, please look me up on the Battersby North End layout - just ask for the Penguin - they'll know who you're after..... Hopefully you'll like what you see and we may get a chance to "spread our wings" as well as get some potential layouts for our future ventures.

Cheers.

Sean.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sean,

I am the Exhibition Manager for 'Railex North East' hosted by the Blyth & Tyne Model Railway Society.

I am always looking for new layouts and as a club we have quite a few layouts available for exhibitions, unfortunately not all of them are on our website - www.btmrs.co.uk

I will be at Warley on the Saturday so I try and speak to you, thats if your not busy fending off questions from the crowd, if you are I would be grateful if you could PM me with the details of your layouts etc.

Regards

Chris Stafford

Archived