I-pad issues

• RMweb Gold

This is what the front page looks like on mine right now:

post-1467-0-18503300-1351237755_thumb.jpg

It doesn't appear to have changed as far as I can see.

The latest post info being covered by the status bar is a result of some of the forums having really long names and/or the advert banners in that section.

Tom.

Thanks Tom, it'll be down to the banner ad width then. It's recently reduced from 500 to 468px for any ad on the index so it should be slightly better if anything. I'll bear it in mind for future development.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Andy.

Changing to landscape doesn't make any difference to the layout as shown below:

post-1467-0-10497800-1351243699_thumb.jpg

It's been this way on the iPad for as long as I can remember. I've become used to it, assuming it is just one of those Safari peculiarities! (of which there are many!)

Tom.

...It's been this way on the iPad for as long as I can remember...

It's not an iPad issue as such, though Apple's landscape format treatment is poor, but rather one of screen size/resolution. The 'Warners' zone' starts disappearing under the status update column as the overall width reduces. The following is firefox on a desktop PC. Most people won't see it like this, but I'm odd, I prefer portrait format windows (though I did narrow it a bit to emphasise the effect).

Nick

post-6746-0-50767700-1351248193_thumb.jpg

I get very much the same as Nick has displayed. Sometimes the VNC button on the top 'Forums Blogs Members etc' block breaks its container and gets put on the next line - I think all those buttons are fixed-width. The right-hand status column looks like it is fixed width in the CSS, which is why any of the left-hand column material containing overlength graphics will disappear underneath the right-hand side. Given the state of the html and css, I'm surprised it works at all.

• RMweb Gold

It works ok with the graphics removed:

post-1103-0-92445100-1351268254_thumb.png

The graphics widths are breaking the table layout. You could try { table-layout:fixed; } in the CSS, or the graphics need to be scaled down to fit, or placed in scrolling panels.

Martin.

Guest Belgian

I generally prefer using the Android tablet to the ipad when on RMweb. However even on the Android tablet, sometimes photos are cropped.

Ian

You've got both?!!

JE

Just had a look at my Nexus 7 tablet and am getting the same, ie the MI5 banner and recent status column is overlapping the text to the right of the avatars (in both landscape and portrait). Has been ok previously. All appears ok on my pc.

• RMweb Gold

Hi there

I get the same thing as well. If it helps, you can specify different sized images using css. I've a site that uses the following to customise image sizes dependent upon the size of the screen. Here's an example

@media only screen and (min-width: 1212px) {

}

Here's some specifics for iPads in particular: http://css-tricks.com/snippets/css/ipad-specific-css/

cheers

Jason

• 2 weeks later...

Archived