Northern Ireland Railways

Guest CPRAIL3000

Guest CPRAIL3000
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The DCDR operates now in close partnership, as most here will know, with the ITG. There are four ITG diesel locos operational there (A, 141 & 2 x G), and DCDR have three more. As I mentioned, another group of folks have discussed an 80, and there is broad agreement for another ITG loco to go there, so a good collection of infernal combustion awaits us all at Downpatrick!

• 1 month later...

The DCDR operates now in close partnership, as most here will know, with the ITG. There are four ITG diesel locos operational there (A, 141 & 2 x G), and DCDR have three more. As I mentioned, another group of folks have discussed an 80, and there is broad agreement for another ITG loco to go there, so a good collection of infernal combustion awaits us all at Downpatrick!

Yep - c'mon 226! The chairman of the ITG is a great guy :D

A few people at the DCDR are opposed to new locos and stock going there - apparently we have enough on our hands, and the B and the A damage the track (I wonder what damage the C would do there's only a few t difference between it and the B ), while '617 (611 is ropey at best, and I believe the batteries are still nearly flat so you need 617 to start it) can only haul 100t... It's disappointing that there's so little footage of 421 in action on youtube etc., let alone 432...

On another note, is '613 owned by the DCDR or by the family of the person who died while owning it? So that would be only the Es owned by the DCDR?

Downpatrick would make a great location for the ITG to base all the locos it owns  there ,would it not be possible for say the lotto to give Downpatrick & ITG  a grant to expand  the place with to house the whole collection  in Co.Down  , I really don't think Moyasta  will be the  best place to base the ITG stuff in the long run , mybe this could be looked at in the future if the D&CDR expand

Mark

• 1 month later...

Nice pic.

Downpatrick would make a great location for the ITG to base all the locos it owns  there ,would it not be possible for say the lotto to give Downpatrick & ITG  a grant to expand  the place with to house the whole collection  in Co.Down  , I really don't think Moyasta  will be the  best place to base the ITG stuff in the long run , mybe this could be looked at in the future if the D&CDR expand

Mark

Other places in Down, like the museum and Downpatrick cathedral wouldn't be happy if the lotto gave us more funding directly after we've got the gallery...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived