TurboCAD

I was in the Maplin store this morning in Bedford and noticed TurboCAD 16 for sale at £8.29 in case anyone's thinking of purchase.

Current release is 19. If you are planning to deal with etchers and 3D people then very often they cannot accept files generated this from earlier releases like TC 16.

Just thought I'd mention it, John, as it's a pretty inexpensive way to get started; I know that my original v 14 was much more expensive than £8.29. I'm using - that is, trying to use - I'm a slow learner - v18, and considering whether or not to upgrade to 19.

Just thought I'd mention it, John, as it's a pretty inexpensive way to get started; I know that my original v 14 was much more expensive than £8.29. I'm using - that is, trying to use - I'm a slow learner - v18, and considering whether or not to upgrade to 19.

I have decided to give V19 a miss - my etchers still work with V17.

I think V18 DL is worth sticking with, I draw my designs at full scale against the GAs, first as 3D models then translate the bits to the etch layers. Also very useful for the Shapeways parts.

John

John

Archived