Roco Z21

The official Z21 importer, Gaugemaster, does not appear to stock this part.  I did ask at their premises at Arundel. I tried ebay and although they can be found from a German supplier at a fair price, the carriage charge is over £10.

DCC Supplies have them for £2.16 plus postage although they are listed as being for CT Electronik, or Zimo.

See  http://www.dccsupplies.com/search/results/?search=101186

Regards,

Ridd

Can anyone tell me what type of plug the green power connector is please? I need to get a spare.

Also states that it is for Z21

I just bought some extra green plugs for the back of my Z21. I got them for $1.64 each from a broadline electronics distributor here in the US, considerably cheaper than the 2 pounds 50p price I saw on some UK websites.

The manufacturer is On Shore Technology and their part number is EDZ1550/2

Hope this helps

John P

I had this problem. I think I ended up selecting all the objects, cutting and pasting them to an empty screen. Then repeat for any other screens so all the empty screens end up at the end and you don't have to scroll past them. Tedious but once it's done it's easier.

Cheers ..Alan

Hi Alan - how do you cut and paste the objects ? Please ☺

Lars

Hi Alan - how do you cut and paste the objects ? Please ☺

Lars

Hi Lars,

Sorry I haven't put that correctly. It's not a cut and paste operation at all, it's a move operation. On my IPad I can move each accessory one at a time to a blank page by touching and holding the item so it can be repositioned. Then, still keeping it under my finger, move it towards the edge of the screen, say the left side, when the edge is reached the next screen slides across. So, you can basically slide each item between screens and reposition where you want them to be. It's a bit of a fiddle on and only one at a time can be moved. However it's probably quicker than setting them up again on a new screen. I hope that helps and apologies for the incorrect info re cut and paste.

Cheers ... Alan

Hi Lars,

Sorry I haven't put that correctly. It's not a cut and paste operation at all, it's a move operation. On my IPad I can move each accessory one at a time to a blank page by touching and holding the item so it can be repositioned. Then, still keeping it under my finger, move it towards the edge of the screen, say the left side, when the edge is reached the next screen slides across. So, you can basically slide each item between screens and reposition where you want them to be. It's a bit of a fiddle on and only one at a time can be moved. However it's probably quicker than setting them up again on a new screen. I hope that helps and apologies for the incorrect info re cut and paste.

Cheers ... Alan

Thanks Alan - Yes that works on an ipad ☺ but not on android - so I will get on to it  :sungum:

To remove stuff from the Z21 app, open the file manager in your device (phone and/or tablet), then navigate to the device storage -> rocoZ21-layouts or rocoZ21-backups. On my phone it's located at the /storage/emulated/0 directory. Select all files to delete and press the bin icon. Confirm and it's gone. Restart the app, or better: make sure the app isn't running while deleting stuff.

HTH!

Tried it - but not able to delete individual pages ?!

Lars

• RMweb Gold

I had an interesting situation narise last night. I hadn't touched the layout or Android Tablet for a while. Battery was low, so charged it up. When I opened the z21 App, all of my loco photographs and the pages in the layout section had disappeared. All gone - vaporised into thin air!!!! Very handy, as now I don't need to worry about deleting those unwanted pages. I can start again!! Only down side is re-photographing the loco's but I only got up to 8 so far in my DCC conversion so not too bad.

I wish I knew what happened though as this will now concern me for the future when the layout is fully populated with DCC points etc.

Ian

• RMweb Gold

Ian

Did you try rebooting the tablet to see if they came back as it may be a start up error.

As I've copied the profiles to 6 devices I'm pretty safe as I could always reload the profile from the email or another device.

If it has wiped them it may be worth in future doing an export of each layout and saving the emails in a separate folder on whatever mail system you use so you can recover them from that :)

Edited by PaulRhB

• RMweb Gold

I had the same problem losing the majority of loco pictures and details stored on one of my android phones when I fired it up after a longish period of non-use. All rather frustrating!!

Unfortunately I'm not a whizz kid with all these bits of technology when it comes to transferring data from one source to another. Paul. I wonder if you could do a simpleton's guide on how to get my Z21 info off my android and stored somewhere else so that it can be retrieved as and when required. My email provider is Hotmail and my pc runs on Windows 10 if that's any help.

Many thanks,

Keith

• RMweb Gold

Go to settings

post-6968-0-00215200-1498749462.png

select export

post-6968-0-77186800-1498749462.png

choose which layout to export

, a blue tick appears

post-6968-0-71164900-1498749463.png

Send via email for Android (iphone to iphone works direct via the base station)

post-6968-0-49618200-1498749465.png

send email to yourself and store in a folder somewhere, then to use it just send the email to the device, if you have gmail etc you can just open it on the device and it should open the Z21 app :)

post-6968-0-28410900-1498749466.png

I had an interesting situation narise last night. I hadn't touched the layout or Android Tablet for a while. Battery was low, so charged it up. When I opened the z21 App, all of my loco photographs and the pages in the layout section had disappeared. All gone - vaporised into thin air!!!! Very handy, as now I don't need to worry about deleting those unwanted pages. I can start again!! Only down side is re-photographing the loco's but I only got up to 8 so far in my DCC conversion so not too bad.

I wish I knew what happened though as this will now concern me for the future when the layout is fully populated with DCC points etc.

Ian

Hi Ian,

I raised this issue with Roco about 12 months ago,notes are in earlier posts in this forum, what was happening the android would state the site had stopped working and would then wipe all the photos on the page that stopped, it did not effect any other lists and their photos, what I found easiest way round it was to delete the the layout and start a new one [as it always seemed to happen to the same layout if I refreshed it]. Roco did say they were working on it and I have had no such problems since,I think the glitch only causes the loss of photos and nothing else

However I did purchase a refurbished I Pad2 off E Bay  {£105}  for another layout I had just built and have had no problems with losing any photos , in the 12 months I have had the I pad.I do prefer the I pad to the Samsung Galaxy for listing the locos and putting in the DCC functions as it gives a test sound for each function.

P S posts around 282 and earlier

Edited by brittannia

• RMweb Gold

Hi Ian,

I raised this issue with Roco about 12 months ago,notes are in earlier posts in this forum, what was happening the android would state the site had stopped working and would then wipe all the photos on the page that stopped, it did not effect any other lists and their photos, what I found easiest way round it was to delete the the layout and start a new one [as it always seemed to happen to the same layout if I refreshed it]. Roco did say they were working on it and I have had no such problems since,I think the glitch only causes the loss of photos and nothing else

However I did purchase a refurbished I Pad2 off E Bay  {£105}  for another layout I had just built and have had no problems with losing any photos , in the 12 months I have had the I pad.I do prefer the I pad to the Samsung Galaxy for listing the locos and putting in the DCC functions as it gives a test sound for each function.

P S posts around 282 and earlier

Much appreciated. I wish now I had gone for an iPad instead of a Samsung Galaxy. I will re-load the photos and route setting pages and see what happens.

• RMweb Gold

Ian

Did you try rebooting the tablet to see if they came back as it may be a start up error.

As I've copied the profiles to 6 devices I'm pretty safe as I could always reload the profile from the email or another device.

If it has wiped them it may be worth in future doing an export of each layout and saving the emails in a separate folder on whatever mail system you use so you can recover them from that :)

I will take another look over the weekend and will reboot the tablet. I only had 8 locos loaded so it wont take long to put back on. I will then back it up to my laptop so if it happens again, its easily retrieved. Thank you and I'm still loving the z21!!!

Currently re-building the layouts fiddle yard so will be busy with that for a little while.

• Like 1

Ah! No, you can't, sorry. Theoretically you should be able to do it, if you have a way to read the archive/data and manually manipulate it. But AFAIK Roco has not disclosed the format nor the method of creating/reading/manipulating the archives, so I'm afraid you're stuck, for now. Have you thought of asking Roco themselves? There's a contact on the Z21 website somewhere.

Thanks - I have contacted Roco and waiting for an answer - I will be back with their answer.

Lars

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks - I have contacted Roco and waiting for an answer - I will be back with their answer.

Lars

I never had any answer from Roco! I managed to move the pages item for item as suggested by Alan:

"On my IPad I can move each accessory one at a time to a blank page by touching and holding the item so it can be repositioned. Then, still keeping it under my finger, move it towards the edge of the screen, say the left side, when the edge is reached the next screen slides across. So, you can basically slide each item between screens and reposition where you want them to be. It's a bit of a fiddle on and only one at a time can be moved. However it's probably quicker than setting them up again on a new screen."

Thanks to Alan - have a nice summer -- we haven't seen much of it here in Denmark!

Lars

I have an issue that has developed with my Z21.  Has anyone else experienced this?

I connect via an Android tablet.  After a short time, the app indicates that it is no longer connected although the
tablet still has a working wi-fi connection. The app has lost complete control of the Z21.

Under settings, I press "Restart Socket" which results in the message "Connection successfully" (sic)

But returning to the operational screen, the app is still not connected.  Closing the app and restarting does
not correct the problem  

I have another tablet with a different version of Android.  I can connect that to the Z21 and control the locos
which indicates that the Z21 is fully connected.  However, the same problem will shortly effect this tablet

Rebooting the tablets restores control but this is not an operational solution.  Any ideas?

I have had my Z21 connected to my normal home router since I bought the Z21 last October but this problem is new  

My Z21 software is up-to-date

Thanks in advance

I have an issue that has developed with my Z21.  Has anyone else experienced this?

I connect via an Android tablet.  After a short time, the app indicates that it is no longer connected although the

tablet still has a working wi-fi connection. The app has lost complete control of the Z21.

Under settings, I press "Restart Socket" which results in the message "Connection successfully" (sic)

But returning to the operational screen, the app is still not connected.  Closing the app and restarting does

not correct the problem  

I have another tablet with a different version of Android.  I can connect that to the Z21 and control the locos

which indicates that the Z21 is fully connected.  However, the same problem will shortly effect this tablet

Rebooting the tablets restores control but this is not an operational solution.  Any ideas?

I have had my Z21 connected to my normal home router since I bought the Z21 last October but this problem is new  

My Z21 software is up-to-date

Thanks in advance

I had the same problem - it has to do with connecting to your home router. I solved it by using the Z21 router as my home router, making the Z21 router work for both my compputers and my Z21. 

Good luck

Lars

I had the same problem - it has to do with connecting to your home router. I solved it by using the Z21 router as my home router, making the Z21 router work for both my compputers and my Z21. 

Good luck

Lars

Thanks Lars. That is good and bad news.  My home router is BT Home Hub 5.  I don't really want to change that.  I guess I need to get the Rocco supplied router and just have it set up for the model rail.  Thanks again for your quick reply

Thanks Lars. That is good and bad news.  My home router is BT Home Hub 5.  I don't really want to change that.  I guess I need to get the Rocco supplied router and just have it set up for the model rail.  Thanks again for your quick reply

Maybe you should try Roco support first - they are very helpful.

Lars

As an addendum to my posts above, I then discovered that another device on my home network had demanded the same fixed ip address as the one I had allocated to the Z21 on my home network. I have changed the ip address again on the Z21, and the problem seems to have gone away

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

As my Lenz is blocked by being attached to Donnersbachkogel and I wanted something a bit more modern I joined the Z21 community... Found a Z21 black at Scograil for £279.95 and so far I am happy with my purchase. Went over the installation with little problems. Spent the whole evening to enter the first 15 locos into the i-pad and managed finally also the data transfer from i-pad to android. Means I have now 2 wireless controllers.

Was reading now through 22 pages and found some interesting hints. Especially splitting the loco library into different "layouts" is a brilliant idea. 

Thanks to all who contributed to this thread so far.

Vecchio

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

I just bought some extra green plugs for the back of my Z21. I got them for $1.64 each from a broadline electronics distributor here in the US, considerably cheaper than the 2 pounds 50p price I saw on some UK websites.

The manufacturer is On Shore Technology and their part number is EDZ1550/2

Hope this helps

John P

Thanks for this - I was wondering how to get the connectors as they are stupidly expensive on postage from Germany! I found them on https://www.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&itemSeq=237119341&uq=636396333182855132

They also deliver internationally.

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

After the latest update of z21 mobile (version 2.3.15) the software crashes when I open settings - railed vehicles. This is on an ipod with ios 6.1.6.

Is this only me or are there other frustrated users in this world??

Vecchio