Roco Z21

Hi Dutch Master

I'm reasonably ok with IP addresses etc, so would feel confident to try with comprehensive instructions. Also if anything went wrong could I not reset the Z21 to factory default settings to get me out of a mess?

Richard

I asked Roco about the batteries in the WLAN-Maus, and whether they could be recharged in situ, and got this reply:

Zur neuen WLAN-Maus 10813 wurde uns für den Aspekt der
Energieversorgung von Seiten der Entwicklungsabteilung folgende Auskunft gegeben:
- Es sind Batterien wie auch Akkus verwendbar
- Es gibt keine Ladestation, in der die WLAN-Maus in Ruheposition aufgeladen werden könnte.
  Insofern würde es sich empfehlen, zwei Sätze Akkus zur Verfügung zu haben. Auch ein zunächst
  diskutierter Auflade-Anschluß über eine X-Bus-Buchse wurde aus Kosten- und vorschriftsrecht-
  lichen Gründen wieder verworfen.
- Die Akkulaufzeit beträgt nach allen bisherigen Versuchen zwischen 6 und 11 Stunden, abhängig von
  - der Güte der Akkus
  - der Helligkeit der Hintergrundbeleuchtung
  - und der Dichte des Datenverkehrs für Bedien- und Rückmeldeänderungen

The nub of the gist is yes, you can use rechargeables, but no, you cannot connect a charger, you have to take out the batteries to recharge them, so they recommend having two sets. One charge should last 6-11 hours, depending on the battery quality, the backlight brightness setting, and the density of data traffic for control and feedback change signals.

Hi folks,

I received a new Z21 (black) recently from Scograil, plus a Multimaus hand held for when I want to turn knobs. I hope to set all up this weekend.....!

Let me know if there any pitfalls to avoid, e.g I think I read that I should not allow the Z21 to connect to my normal home router, so I plan to switch the home router off whilst I am setting the Roco router/Z21 up. But what about using it days afterwards, when the home router, my android tablet and the Z21 router are all switched on ?.....my worst nightmare would be to run into IP address problems.......

Anyway, I intend just to follow the set-up instructions in the box...

Wish me luck, and I will let you know how I get on !!!

Pete...

Good morning z21 group...probably you already know about this but just for your information I copy the email sent yesterday

I have purchased Fleischmann start set 631681 that is working perfectly.
After some days I have connected the Z21 starter to my wireless router TP Link TL-WR740N that should be the same model recommended by Roco/Fleischmann but with my surprise everything was connected in the right way but not working.
As I was not able to understand what was wrong this morning I have called your kind support that told me I have to by the wireless set 10814 and then I will get an unlock code to enable the LAN port of z21 start.
In my opinion this is not fair from your company; in fact z21 locked is not CLEARLY specified when you look at web page of 631681. Morover in the z21 website you do not specify this.
I don't want to buy a wireless set only to receive a code to unlock the z21 lan port.
Maybe I could take into consideration the possibility of buying only the code as today in most of homes there is a wireless network.
I still consider Fleischmann/Roco a good company but what is happening with this z21 starter is quite ridicoulus. I also think I am not the only one complaining about this situation.

maybe someone else had same issue

Hi,

I faced the same situation. In addition, I used to chase this wifi package on their website almost everyday for its availability and one night website shown that this item is available now, so i immediately made an payment. I was happy that finally i would be able to use it but, on 5th day after my purchase I got an email from ROCO saying, we had an issues with availability of this product and it was wrongly displayed on our website, so either we could refund you a full amount or you can wait till end of november 2016. I decided to wait as it was about 20 days. Now today I got direct refund and an email stating that we are refunding you a full amount as this item would be available in march/april 2017.

I am really irritated.

also yesterday i tried to connect ROCO 10718 transformer to my z21 (white) command station, but multimaus shows "error 13". As per my knowledge it is regarding the wire which connects command station to multimaus. (correct me if I am wrong). My set is new and everything is handled carefully. Can anyone help me please?

Thank you.

On your phone, you can choose which wifi network to connect to. Having said that, you can switch the Z21 router off if not in use, so that eliminates a lot of potential problems. It's also wise to protect the Z21 network with a password, to prevent unauthorised access. Note that the Z21 router can be connected to your home router, via cable, using the blue connector on the Z21 router. This gives the Z21 internet access for updates, as well as any PC connected to the Z21 router (and assumingly used to control the layout).

HTH!

Hi, Thanks Dutch,,,,,

Is it worth performing update , i.e. does it change much ? .....I will consider it an achievement if I can get it all working tomorrow !

Thanks,

Pete...

ERR13 in the MultiMaus means it doesn't have an X-bus address. Disconnect and try again.

Hi Dutch_master

I tried as per your instruction but it doesn't work. Even if i disconnect multimaus from z21(white), indicator light of z21 turns Red.

can you help me further?

Thank you.

First, did you use the correct socket? Only the ones marked for the X-Bus should be used. Is the light on the z21 blue before trying to insert the MultiMaus? Is there are error reported on the Z21 app? Do you use the right cable (use the cable supplied with the MM, not a self-made one!) and have you tested it (it could be defective). The MM itself might be defective. Can you try the MM with a different booster (like the one that comes in the MM starter set, if you have that)? If you can, does it give you the same or even a different error?

Hi,

My z21 is itself from starter pack. Power adapter which comes in starter pack works fine with roco z21 central station but to have more current output, i bought myself ROCO 10718 transformer. I don't have z21 wlan package so, i cant use it with z21 mobile app. there are only two x bus ports and MM has got original wire provided by ROCO. Also ROCO 10718 has got right connector which goes into z21 central station, everything has its original wiring. I am concern with Roco 10718's current rating or voltage ratings. However as its being a ROCO and made for Roco so those numbers should be fine. also if anyone knows from where can I get the WLAN or wifi package for z21(white)?

So this question is just out of idle interest as I have a Z21 black and have had no issues.

What is the wlan package that has been mentioned for z21 white?

Doesn't it already come with a router?

If it doesn't then how are you supposed to use it?

Regards,

John P

Hi all Z21 Folks,

I said I would update you on progress with installing my Z21. Did it all this afternoon, very easy and straight-forward, I even managed to set cv's for lights, sounds etc.

However, I can't see how to make the points diagram (on right of screen ) fill the WHOLE screen, but I have seen this in some videos on the web. Can anyone let me know where the button is for this .......please ...!

The versions that are noted in my Z21 app under info are :-  APP version = 2.6.7  Hardware version= Z21a    Firmware version 1.24    Copyright 2016 Modelleisenbahn GmbH.

Photo of my Android screen is below.

post-17993-0-36593600-1479842032_thumb.jpg

Hi Dutch,

I am grateful for your help, but I can't see a tab called signal box, only the tabs shown here on my main screen (after I exit from the loco control screen). I have tapped on each of these tabs, and don't see anything called signal box, nor anything that will allow me to manipulate the loco driving view or points viewing section. I have looked in the supplied instruction book, but there is no reference there either.

This is what I see in the Andriod App - below :-

Hi,

Can anyone help me with the matching the speed of 2 or more locomotives?

I have 1st loco ROCO BR 204 641-5 and another Roco 204 869-2. Both locomotives have original decoder from ROCO. (as both are from starterset)

I want to double head them. I spent many hours in matching their speed by adjusting cv 2,3,5 and 6. 

I have Roco z21 white with MM.(No WLAN).

Thank you in advance.

• RMweb Gold

Hi,

Can anyone help me with the matching the speed of 2 or more locomotives?

I have 1st loco ROCO BR 204 641-5 and another Roco 204 869-2. Both locomotives have original decoder from ROCO. (as both are from starterset)

I want to double head them. I spent many hours in matching their speed by adjusting cv 2,3,5 and 6.

I have Roco z21 white with MM.(No WLAN).

Thank you in advance.

This is the Z21 way rather than playing with individual cv's but doesn't work off your layout as it's all in the Z21 unit.

http://www.aandhmodels.co.uk/roco-z21-part10-multi-traction---consists-1262-c.asp

• RMweb Gold

Hi all Z21 Folks,

I said I would update you on progress with installing my Z21. Did it all this afternoon, very easy and straight-forward, I even managed to set cv's for lights, sounds etc.

However, I can't see how to make the points diagram (on right of screen ) fill the WHOLE screen, but I have seen this in some videos on the web. Can anyone let me know where the button is for this .......please ...!

The versions that are noted in my Z21 app under info are :- APP version = 2.6.7 Hardware version= Z21a Firmware version 1.24 Copyright 2016 Modelleisenbahn GmbH.

Photo of my Android screen is below.

If you want a 'landscape' diagram the only way I know to have that is to turn the tablet to portrait way round, one throttle showing, slide down the tablet's toolbar and lock screen rotation. This means you can select the point control full screen and turn the tablet on its side.

post-6968-0-65962800-1479858743.jpg

This was the image, created using the shapes and lines toolbars in WORD, before importing into the app and adding the controls.

post-6968-0-71119600-1479858948.jpg

Edited by PaulRhB

Hello everyone,

I have Roco z21 white, recently i purchased Hornby class 50 with hatton's decoder. The problem I am facing is, when I ask class 50 to accelerate at predefined rate; after certain speed it directly jumps to the next possible speed. ( jerky movement). I am unable to understand is it because of the compatibility issue of decoder with z21? or something else.

Also I would like to buy new locomotive, I am considering Hornby class 56 or 60 and Heljan class 58 or 53. Can anyone suggest? I personally like the locomotive with all the axels driven, but Heljan with its heavy chassis overcome its only 4 axels driven mechanism for traction.

Thank you guyz.