There won’t be any internet connection but if you have connected to the Z21 router - which you have, and you have an IP address that is 192.168.0.x - I don’t know who you check it in Android but best to check it - and you have entered 192.168.0.112 into the app as the address for the Z21 then all should work.

just check that you have connected the Z21 into one of the bank of 4 network connections and not the port that is on its own.

can I suggest that you install this app (or similar) onto your phone and do a scan?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.goodidea.network.ipscanner&hl=en

this should only show 3 items on the network

a) router

b) your phone

c) the Z21

the address you need to enter into the Z21 app is the last one, which should be 192.168.0.111.

come back with a screen shot of what you see if you still cant get a connection.

19 minutes ago, WIMorrison said:

can I suggest that you install this app (or similar) onto your phone and do a scan?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.goodidea.network.ipscanner&hl=en

this should only show 3 items on the network

a) router

b) your phone

c) the Z21

the address you need to enter into the Z21 app is the last one, which should be 192.168.0.111.

come back with a screen shot of what you see if you still cant get a connection.

scan done on phone , it brings up the mini pc (which is not connected to the Z21 or router at all) , my phone and the router , however when i switch the device on phone to the Z21 it brings up my phone and the TP LINK Router (Z21) which is saying the IP is 192.168.1.1 , if i open the Z21 app and change the IP address to match it still does nothing

There won’t be any internet connection but if you have connected to the Z21 router - which you have, and you have an IP address that is 192.168.0.x - I don’t know who you check it in Android but best to check it - and you have entered 192.168.0.112 into the app as the address for the Z21 then all should work.

just check that you have connected the Z21 into one of the bank of 4 network connections and not the port that is on its own.

4 minutes ago, sulzer71 said:

scan done on phone , it brings up the mini pc (which is not connected to the Z21 or router at all) , my phone and the router , however when i switch the device on phone to the Z21 it brings up my phone and the TP LINK Router (Z21) which is saying the IP is 192.168.1.1 , if i open the Z21 app and change the IP address to match it still does nothing

Sorry to be blink but you need to be very clear on what you are seeing as I am confused as to what you are saying and as I cannot see your setup you need to be explicitly clear :)

can you do a screen shot as that will be clearer. What you appear to suggest is that you have connected to something else as the addresses don’t seem correct.

And are you 109% certain that the only cable connected to the Z21 router is the cable to the Z21?

23 minutes ago, WIMorrison said:

Sorry to be blink but you need to be very clear on what you are seeing as I am confused as to what you are saying and as I cannot see your setup you need to be explicitly clear :)

can you do a screen shot as that will be clearer. What you appear to suggest is that you have connected to something else as the addresses don’t seem correct.

And are you 109% certain that the only cable connected to the Z21 router is the cable to the Z21?

thanks for the help , oddly i have managed to get it working by pressing the reset button on the Z21's router a couple of times although now it shows as TP Link rather than Z21 but never mind , it works

Excellent - though I am still confused as to what was happening before as you seemed to have the wrong subnet , but I couldn’t be certain.

Doesn’t matter now, though the TP link has now lost the ROCO configuration and is using the default OEM settings that fortunately are what are required for the Z21 ;) 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, WIMorrison said:

Excellent - though I am still confused as to what was happening before as you seemed to have the wrong subnet , but I couldn’t be certain.

Doesn’t matter now, though the TP link has now lost the ROCO configuration and is using the default OEM settings that fortunately are what are required for the Z21 https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/uploads/emoticons/default_wink3.gif 

it's baffled me but it's working now which is what matters

Z21 app V1.2.0 now available in the App Store