GWR Collett BG/Full Brake

Revolution Ben

• 2 months later...

Message for Karhedron,

Back in December 14 I wrote enquiring into size of branding wording for K42 Full Brake in 7mm scale.

Although some time has passed you might be interested to know that Fox Transfers have finally produce the goods, in 7mm.

The sheet contains many variations to destinations so you can have many full Brakes with various locations, particularly as shown in Russel's books.

Fox Transfer reference for the above sheet is FRH 7117 at £6.50 for two sheets, entitled Great Western Railway Collett Full Brake Van Lettering.

Although I appreciate you model in N Guage/ 2mm Scale I am sure Linda at Fox would be only too happy to reduce to your scale.

Thanks for your help

Keith

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

Mildly annoying, I agree. At least rail blue is a pretty easy livery to repaint yourself so there is that option. I suspect that 2P-000-340 will end up in the bargain bin as it has been produced in a strange fictional livery with 1930s style white roof, no GWR insignia and BR-era W195 branding. :blink:

2P-000-340_3502110_Qty1_3.jpg

The other option is to keep an eye out on eBay.

4 hours ago, Karhedron said:

Mildly annoying, I agree. At least rail blue is a pretty easy livery to repaint yourself so there is that option. I suspect that 2P-000-340 will end up in the bargain bin as it has been produced in a strange fictional livery with 1930s style white roof, no GWR insignia and BR-era W195 branding. :blink:

2P-000-340_3502110_Qty1_3.jpg

The other option is to keep an eye out on eBay.

Yeah, I was kind of hoping that one of them would end up in the bargain bins and I could have a go at repainting it, but then there's the issue of finding transfers for 70s Parcel vans. Presumably the version that you've illustrated is meant to be a Western Region version with a incorrect roof colour. It wouldn't be the first time that's happened as I've recently finally got around to painting the roofs on my Dapol HST MK3s black as they are supposed to be!

• RMweb Premium

Most won't notice or care.

It's interesting that the BG are now a general Dapol catalogue item. I'd always believed that the tooling for the NGS models produced by Dapol belonged to the NGS. Perhaps Dapol have bought them back or given the Society a donation in exhange for a run of the models. (Ltd. Eds done by Farish/Bachmann are done on a time limited exclusitity basis, hence the Queen Mary and Inspection Saloons joining the main catalogue).

Steven B.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Steven B said:

Most won't notice or care.

It's interesting that the BG are now a general Dapol catalogue item. I'd always believed that the tooling for the NGS models produced by Dapol belonged to the NGS. Perhaps Dapol have bought them back or given the Society a donation in exhange for a run of the models. (Ltd. Eds done by Farish/Bachmann are done on a time limited exclusitity basis, hence the Queen Mary and Inspection Saloons joining the main catalogue).

Steven B.

Usually it's five years or so before commissioned models rights go to the manufacturer.

Looking at the date of the last previous post in the thread that seems about right.

Jason

Edited by Steamport Southport

19 hours ago, montyburns56 said:

Presumably the version that you've illustrated is meant to be a Western Region version with a incorrect roof colour.

I am not sure what it is meant to represent to be honest. None of the range of Dapol Colletts were painted in chocolate and cream during BR days. There might have been a handful that received hybrid GWR/BR livery if they were repainted in 1948 before the new Crimson and Cream livery was specified. But they would have had dark grey roofs and you wouldn't have seen a rake of them.

4 hours ago, Karhedron said:

I am not sure what it is meant to represent to be honest. None of the range of Dapol Colletts were painted in chocolate and cream during BR days. There might have been a handful that received hybrid GWR/BR livery if they were repainted in 1948 before the new Crimson and Cream livery was specified. But they would have had dark grey roofs and you wouldn't have seen a rake of them.

I notice that the N-Gauge Society didn't produce a BR version in choc & cream so it does seem to be something from the fevered imagination of Dapol!

• Agree 1