NB MODELS BODY KIT FOR Ex-NORTH BRITISH CLASS A 0-6-2T / LNER N15 ON EBAY

andytrains

I know a few of you chaps are after one of these kits which are like hens teeth:-

UNMADE NB MODELS BODY KIT - OO,EM, - NORTH BRITISH CLASS A 0-6-2T / LNER N15

Listed on Ebay on a 9 day listing from AC Collectables. (No connection to me).

Hi all,

Now at £56.00 plus p&p........

How far will you go?

Thanks

I wouldn't have even gone that far Phil, we discussed this at the club last night and someone suggested we bid but then we started to count how many we had in our collective cupboards - we thought four would be more than enough for 'Alloa' so there may be a couple more for sale....

Regards,

Dave Franks.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Dave,

That's all very good...

But - I still have the chassis I bought from Eastfield the last time they appeared at Falkirk!

Still not managed to get the body kit - won't at that price either...

Thanks

I wouldn't have even gone that far Phil, we discussed this at the club last night and someone suggested we bid but then we started to count how many we had in our collective cupboards - we thought four would be more than enough for 'Alloa' so there may be a couple more for sale....

Regards,

Dave Franks.

Bill Bedford, now Mousa Models does an etch of component parts for the N15.

It is not a complete loco kit and consists of etches for, footplate and the valances on either side, buffer beams, steps, an etch that consists of the tanks sides, cab and bunker, tank top and coal rails.

I had forgotten I had got this.

(Too many kits and not enough time?).

So a basis to work on by using other parts, perhaps from a Hornby J83 body?

or

For detailing for the NB models one

For the chassis NBR Developments, http://www.nbr4mm.co.uk/ are doing the old Eastfield range.

Dean Sidings used to do a Resin body for the N15 , it came with most of the body fittings in white metal & a pair of Gibson wheels .

It's not perfect but it may still be available , I fitted a modified Bachmann 56xx chassis under the one that I bought .

Stewart .

• RMweb Gold

So, would a 3d print of the N15 be of any interest, I've a couple of other ex LNER types that I'm working on (ex GC and GN stuff, the main one being a Wath Daisy because I always wanted one)?

Hi Mike,

Probably a good possible venture.

Given that the chassis is still available (as pre previous comment)

(For the chassis NBR Developments, http://www.nbr4mm.co.uk/ are doing the old Eastfield range.)

The Dean Sidings body is not that good (sorry) as there are compromises to enable it to fit the Bachmann 56XX chassis.

Frrom memory:-

Wrong wheel size

Wrong wheelbase

So - YES a new body kit in resin to fit the chassis would probably be a good idea.

If it came to fruition - I'd take 2 straight away.

Thanks

I've just compared the Eastfield N15 chassis on my NB models N15 body kit to the Bach 56xx , front to rear drive axle is identical but the centre axle on the 56xx is about 1mm further forward than the Eastfield N15 , N15 had 4ft 6" drive wheels against 4ft 7 & 1/2" on the 56xx ,also the Dean sidings kit was designed around the Hornby 0-6-0 chassis so a Bachmann DCC ready chassis is a huge improvement & as the whole lot only cost me about £50 it's a bargain .

andytrains,

The BB etch is definitely N15. I persuaded him to correct the cabside errors a few years back and it is now very useful.

ScottishModeller,

"The Dean Sidings body is not that good" - a very kind understatement!

Alan

Guest Max Stafford

That's all very well but I'm looking for someone to find an NB models kit underneath their kit for an etched chassis! :mosking:

Dave.

On a lighter note I'm after some detail parts for what I have been told is a cheap & nasty body kit , namely Tallow cups which are mounted either on the front or side of the smokebox on certain N.B loco's , can any body put me in the right direction to obtain said items .

Thanks

Stewart .

Archived