Hornby Magazine OO Gauge Brake Tender

DapolDave

Thanks for that Phil, I'd have felt a real gumby arriving at Gaydon with no-one else there!

John.

You wouldn't have been on your own, I'd have been there cash in hand waiting to buy a Brake tender   :mosking:

• RMweb Premium

Supposedly I’m on a HM list for the BR blue brake tender that was announced by never produced, and missed out on a green one as a result. Presumably any rerun will be green only, so at least I could now buy one. So here’s hoping.

As it happens I was chatting with a man on the Hornby Magazine stand at the GC event last weekend, and asked about these models. (I wished I'd bought one first time and didn't)

He said that serious consideration was being given to another run, possibly in time for the Great Electric Show at Gaydon, which I think is early October.

So let's hope...!

John.

Which October? Aren't model production slots difficult to get at the moment with so  many models coming along? in 7mm alone Dapol have brake vans, HAA, HEA and RCH 1887 models to produce as well as resupplies of tanks and mineral wagons.

Paul

Which October? Aren't model production slots difficult to get at the moment with so  many models coming along? in 7mm alone Dapol have brake vans, HAA, HEA and RCH 1887 models to produce as well as resupplies of tanks and mineral wagons.

Paul

The discussion I had was clear that it meant this October. I do agree with you this seems a bit quick unless something is already in the schedule.

John.

• RMweb Gold

Supposedly I’m on a HM list for the BR blue brake tender that was announced by never produced, and missed out on a green one as a result. Presumably any rerun will be green only, so at least I could now buy one. So here’s hoping.

Blue one was made, I have one.

• 3 months later...

I've just had an e-mail from Hornby Magazine, advising that 3 new versions of their Diesel Brake tender are in stock and available to order, details below.

Three new running numbers are now available to purchase for just £34.99 with FREE 2nd Class P&P for all UK and BFPO orders:

HM014 - B964039 BR Plain Green - ORDER NOW

HM015 - B964065 BR Green (small yellow panels) - ORDER NOW

HM016 - B964116 BR Blue (split yellow end) - ORDER NOW

I can confirm these are now available - living close by I popped into their office in Stamford this afternoon to buy a couple.

John.

Somebody asking £52.95 each for three on a certain well known auction site tonight. Almost as bad as the two that sold for over £70 on the same site last month. Wow.

Somebody asking £52.95 each for three on a certain well known auction site tonight. Almost as bad as the two that sold for over £70 on the same site last month. Wow.

Not me mate, I want to run mine!

Seriously though, the re release has been publicly advertised, so why would people be daft enough to pay so much?

John.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

I finally got around to fettling my pair of Dapol Brake Tenders today.  I have managed to get the hand-brake handles to stop sticking out like Shrek's ears.  If you pull hem out and then open-up the mounting holes to 1.8mm (a figure determined by some trial and error) you can glue them back in at a realistic distance of separation from the bodyside.
HTH.
Bob.

• Informative/Useful 2