Leeds City, the Midland Side, in 4mm.

TheLaird

11 minutes ago, Regularity said:

Other than on many classes of diesel shunter...

But there are none of those of Leeds City North; perhaps that makes my post an 'in' comment? But, hey, 'Leander' will understand the sentiment.

I believe LCN is for where the Standard 5 is destined.

Edited by leopardml2341

1 hour ago, leopardml2341 said:

But there are none of those of Leeds City North; perhaps that makes my post an 'in' comment? But, hey, 'Leander' will understand the sentiment.

I believe LCN is for where the Standard 5 is destined.

They all are but may get the occasional run on Millhouses as well. JB has a pressing need for more 4-6-0s.

Derby based 73030 is for John's projected 'earlier' period if we're being absolutely correct. The green Standard 5MT 73068 is intended for a Bristol working on either layout. 'Home Guard' is for LCN on the Morecambes but is a bit early for 9/62 but I've got a soft spot for unrebuilt Patriots. The Nottingham Standard 4MT is more suitable for Millhouses and the Black 5 will go anywhere, just like the prototype. 44765 is a Crewe North loco which went out on loan as required.

I've just thought. We'll soon have 44765 and 44756, now some drivers might find that a bit interesting to say the least!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
55 minutes ago, 9793 said:

Pete asked me to post these photos of his recent commission of 45543! I'll be starting work on the Standard 5 next week. I'm sure it will be treading the rails of Leeds in due course! ;)

Suitably grubby I hope!

I certainly hope that it'll be on a Leeds - Morecambe working before too long. It may even appear on Millhouses & Eccleshall as well but it is a little 'out of area' around Sheffield.

Excellent work Tom.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just in case anybody is wondering about the inactivity on this thread, it's not because I have fallen off my perch or run into the buffer stops, its because the railway has been closed since the end of April. The reason being that structural and internal alterations are in progress on the shed, some of which will necessitate re structuring the power supplies to the layout. The opportunity is also being taken to install the electrical interlocking for LCJ and preparatory work for LCW and the other boxes. there is not much of interest to photograph especially as the structural work is a carbon copy of last years extension. I anticipate that October may see us up and running again - hopefully!!

John E.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, TheLaird said:

Just in case anybody is wondering about the inactivity on this thread, it's not because I have fallen off my perch or run into the buffer stops, its because the railway has been closed since the end of April. The reason being that structural and internal alterations are in progress on the shed, some of which will necessitate re structuring the power supplies to the layout. The opportunity is also being taken to install the electrical interlocking for LCJ and preparatory work for LCW and the other boxes. there is not much of interest to photograph especially as the structural work is a carbon copy of last years extension. I anticipate that October may see us up and running again - hopefully!!

John E.

Your shed has had more extensions than Brexit. Haha

• Agree 2
  • Funny 6

9 hours ago, Ian_H said:

Two I think, 12 April and 31 October and perhaps more to come;-)

more......? Do the neighbours know they're about to be annexed, or is the experimental multi height fiddle yard concept being reworked into a multi storey shed towering over the surroundings and resembling a PSB?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Awaiting the Engine Shed Junction signaller/fiddle yard operator when services recommence. The 'Want Shunt/Accept Shunt' lights should give more warning of a shunt suddenly appearing from Leeds City Junction on the Up Normanton line. The procedure will be that the LCJ signaller will request a shunt (or 'Long Shunt' if a long train is being shunted) and will then be accepted (or otherwise) by ESJ. The problem for ESJ has been shunts suddenly appearing unannounced and blocking the entry/exit roads. It's especially problematic if stock is being shunted or a loco move is in progress in the fiddle yard.

And another loco for the Morecambe/Carnforth workings, a Lancaster (Green Ayre) Ivatt 4MT 2-6-0. The weathering is by Barry Oliver and she's being run in on John Brighton's 'MIllhouses' & Eccleshall' layout. 

ESJ Block Instruments.jpg

43112.jpg

• Like 15
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• 4 weeks later...