Leeds City, the Midland Side, in 4mm.

TheLaird

• RMweb Gold

Guess who came bearing gifts today, the new LCJ frame installed albeit in a temporary position. Plugged straight in and all appears to be working

Wow that’s some frame.

Is that mechanical interlocking we can see?

Guess who came bearing gifts today, the new LCJ frame installed albeit in a temporary position. Plugged straight in and all appears to be working

Wow that’s some frame.

Indeed it is! It looks even more impressive 'In the metal', spent far to long staring at it.

• Like 3

Wow that’s some frame.

Indeed it is, 70 levers full mechanical interlocking as per the prototype prior to 1960 as far as we can establish. We had a meeting yesterday to discuss and agree plans for the electrical interlocking to compliment this. My to do list has just expanded somewhat!!

• Like 5

I’ve been following the development of this layout for a while; being from Leeds, it’s amazing to see a little slice of history (before my time) being recreated.

It’s a shame it can’t be exhibited, but I understand why not! I have to say I admire your dedication, but every time the shed gains an extension, I wonder how long it will be before the shed is larger than your house?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A while back Sir Douglas asked where the frame would be located, I thought it easier to wait and show its final position in a picture.

post-10660-0-64593600-1532972436_thumb.jpg

Still quite a lot of work to do on the electrical locking side. Line Clear releases and simulated "Rotary Block" are now being worked on by the experts! My task is still building the signals, 16 ground discs at present.

• Like 16

Wow! That looks so good, John! And the Elliott neverite clock adds a certain something!

Especially at the moment, since they almost always are.......

But that's a different tale altogether :)

Edited by leopardml2341

• RMweb Gold

A while back Sir Douglas asked where the frame would be located, I thought it easier to wait and show its final position in a picture.

attachicon.gifLCJnew frame.jpg

Still quite a lot of work to do on the electrical locking side. Line Clear releases and simulated "Rotary Block" are now being worked on by the experts! My task is still building the signals, 16 ground discs at present.

Stunning .... just stunning  :scratchhead:

• RMweb Gold

Presumably that rises up out of the ground at the beginning of each operating session, Reginald Dixon style?

Mike.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

If I've got this right, the bobby has his back to the lines just like the real thing?

Absolutely stunning! :O

• 2 weeks later...