Leeds City, the Midland Side, in 4mm.

TheLaird

Can’t beat abit of Ivatt! His best was the 4MT which I love :)

Proves the need to consult photos for accuracy :)

Stunning pictures :)

The 09:58 parcels from City South to Huddersfield, an intriguing working!

0958 Leeds Huddersfield a.jpg

This first shot shows D48 negotiating the pointwork that used to be called Canal Jct but now forms part of the Ciy Jct complex. It is crossing from the Up Viaduct Line to the Down Slow.

0958 Leeds Huddersfield b.jpg

Having cleared the Jct, the driver opens her up under clear signals but cautiously as the Whitehall Distants are on.

Only after taking these shots did I question if the train had been signalled wrong route as the normal routeing to Huddersfield for passenger traffic is along the viaduct line to Farnley Jct!!

I checked with the WTT and sure enough this is correct, this train is routed via Whitehall Jct and Copley Hill where it stands for 10mins. As of yet I do not have the definitive reason. Could it be a crew change, to pick up a stores van or some other reason?

• Like 1

Right here.

It was a Darlington livery apparently.

Mmmm. It looks to me as if the model logo is somewhat over sized compared with the prototype. On this photo, the logo is about 50% of the tender tank height whereas the model scales at about 65%.

The 09:58 parcels from City South to Huddersfield, an intriguing working!

attachicon.gif0958 Leeds Huddersfield a.jpg

This first shot shows D48 negotiating the pointwork that used to be called Canal Jct but now forms part of the Ciy Jct complex. It  is crossing from the Up Viaduct Line to the Down Slow.

attachicon.gif0958 Leeds Huddersfield b.jpg

Having cleared the Jct, the driver opens her up under clear signals but cautiously as the Whitehall Distants are on.

Only after taking these shots did I question if the train had been signalled wrong route as the normal routeing to Huddersfield for passenger traffic is along the viaduct line to Farnley Jct!!

I checked with the WTT and sure enough this is correct, this train is routed via Whitehall Jct and Copley Hill where it stands for 10mins. As of yet I do not have the definitive reason. Could it be a crew change, to pick up a stores van or some other reason?

Hi John,

"Leeds City the Midland Side" looks superb ...... do you still have the video camera? Some video would be good, I remember the videos you used to make for Bradfield Gloucester Square.

Ian

Mmmm. It looks to me as if the model logo is somewhat over sized compared with the prototype. On this photo, the logo is about 50% of the tender tank height whereas the model scales at about 65%.

I would agree looking at photo now, the emblem on the loco looks to be a standard large crest. There appears to be more space above and below the crest than on the model.

• RMweb Premium

Must be a non standard size of BR emblem. I didn't know Darlo painted the tender logos individually. The one on the loco is an HMRS one. They do two sizes, Large and Small. Modelmaster ones are the same sizes so not sure why the logo should be a non standard one.. Anyone got a clue?

Baz

Must be a non standard size of BR emblem. I didn't know Darlo painted the tender logos individually. The one on the loco is an HMRS one. They do two sizes, Large and Small. Modelmaster ones are the same sizes so not sure why the logo should be a non standard one.. Anyone got a clue?

Baz

Shrunk in the wash(er)?

Ok, I know - hat coat etc.....

I would agree looking at photo now, the emblem on the loco looks to be a standard large crest. There appears to be more space above and below the crest than on the model.

It's about the closest we could find to the emblem it carries in the photo Tom. Nobody's mentioned the 10" cabside numerals yet. To be honest, it looks close enough and i wanted to visually differentiate it from the other Ivatt 2MT 2-6-0 which has the smaller emblem as carried as 'standard' on these locos, plus 8" cabside numerals. That one has yet to be featured on the thread. I hope 46498 doesn't offend anybody, but I like it!!

• Like 1

Probably a 5MT or 4MTT turn in 1962 John.

• RMweb Gold

Just a thought, but what else is booked out of Leeds City via the viaduct lines and Farnley Jn? The routing/traffic stop might be to allow passenger traffic to clear via that route (generally considered the principal route) before the parcels follows from the Copley Hill direction.

• Like 1

Just a thought, but what else is booked out of Leeds City via the viaduct lines and Farnley Jn? The routing/traffic stop might be to allow passenger traffic to clear via that route (generally considered the principal route) before the parcels follows from the Copley Hill direction.

Unfortunately I don't have the WTT for the Viaduct Line for 62. The info I have is gleaned from a public passenger timetable which shows a Trans Pennine Express service leaving at 0945 and 1018. There could be something else in between. So if anyone has access to the winter 62 WTT (Leeds - Diggle) North Eastern Section L, I would be most grateful for a copy!!

John E.

post-10660-0-66805400-1547921144_thumb.jpg

10:05 and theBirmingham Bradford arrives in platform 5 (despite what the headcode says). 

The Fairburn 4MTT in platform 4 will be taking this service forward to Bradford at 10:12.

post-10660-0-91305300-1547921475_thumb.jpg

Meanwhile a Bradford Leeds coasts in along the North Arrival to platform 2.

• Like 18

attachicon.gif1005 Birmingham Bradford.jpg

10:05 and theBirmingham Bradford arrives in platform 5 (despite what the headcode says). 

The Fairburn 4MTT in platform 4 will be taking this service forward to Bradford at 10:12.

attachicon.gif1008 Bradford Leeds.jpg

Meanwhile a Bradford Leeds coasts in along the North Arrival to platform 2.

Ooh, the platform edging has changed colour.

• Like 1