Leeds City, the Midland Side, in 4mm.

TheLaird

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Wow! Leeds City South trainshed was massive! Only ever experienced Leeds from the 80s onward and mostly from the eastern (York) end.

Was it really white or was that glazing in reality? What was the reason behind the change from a longitudinal trainshed to the apexes at the end - a later addition?

Really brings home the scale of these structures.

The station was extended in the 1890s, the then architect, William Bell did his own thing, obviously didn't rate Prosser's original roof. 

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Compound2632 said:

I came here hoping to cop a Jubilee or even a Royal Scot and what do I get? A pair of Mucky Ducks. Typical LMR!

One is a chinese cracker, the other is a Mickey Mouse.. both LMS moguls, a 4MT and a 2MT...

Baz

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

10 hours ago, Blandford1969 said:

Wonderful canopies, That Pig just has the right realistic look, is that an improved Bachy one?

It is a Bachmann model converted to EM gauge using Gibson wheels. The decoder, stayalive and speaker are in the tender. Tim Easter also rewired the motor connections and has fitted a plug and socket to give electrical continuity between loco and tender, giving 12 wheels picking up power from the track. He also did the weathering job. 43039 won the competition for the best converted proprietary loco at the EMGS AGM a year ago. It runs beautifully.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

16 hours ago, TheLaird said:

On the opposite side of the station from 43039, the Pilot 46498 is busy in the south carriage sidings sorting vans to form 3L09 Bradford Parcels. 15 PU's are required for this service and once sorted they will be shunted to P2 for loading. It is still very early in the morning, around 0500, the parcels are due out at 0641.

1372336759_46498NPilotSCSEditFramed.jpg.71c91eb8afedfcdd49f0d014618a8169.jpg

Flippin heck, mate. That's supendous.

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dave Holt said:

Yes, the south train shed really does set the Midland side in perspective and transforms the appearance of the station.

I hadn't appreciated just how much higher the south side lines are than the carriage sidings.

Dave.

Dave, on the model the south side lines are a bit higher than they should be so as to clear the servo's. Please bear in mind this is a "looks like" Leeds rather than an exact scale replica, I wouldn't want to mislead people.

Regards John E.

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, TheLaird said:

Dave, on the model the south side lines are a bit higher than they should be so as to clear the servo's. Please bear in mind this is a "looks like" Leeds rather than an exact scale replica, I wouldn't want to mislead people.

Regards John E.

A good spot to park dead coaches though!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

John

I watched your Bradfield videos with great enthusiasm and hope to do so with Leeds in due course. Will you be videoing the Parcel' coaches being loaded?  :jester:

Joking aside this has all the signs of beating Bradfield in the excellence department ((which I thought would never happen).

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1