This forum area will be available for the first couple of weeks for members to make test posts to explore functionality.

Chris Nevard

With the decision to quit project " Shedcombe-upon-Frome ", in favour of something smaller, more manageable and very prototypical, I've decided to ditch my user name " ShedcombeUponFrome " with its accompanying Avatar ( the front page logo of this GM-EMD UK focused design ) and change both of them to one that does not have a link with any project but links me just with my Pet locomotive, 59004, which is from now on my user name / ID as well as present in my Avatar.

Please take not of this change.

Regards, Michel

Intrigued John. What bus is that, Bolton Corporation?

Larry

Larry,

You're right, it's Bolton Corpy, No 122 a Leyland PD3/5 with East Lancs H74R Body. I've owned it for about 10 years and I'm (very) slowly re-building it. It certainly hasn't been on the road while I've owned it as the bodywork was in such poor condition it would probably have collapsed at the first pothole!. The little photo was taken near Moses Gate just outside Bolton (not sure by whom) and is around the 1970 mark. Still in later Bolton livery, it carries it's SELNEC fleet no. 6622. This is the era I will be restoring it to, and I may just paint one wheel orange to upset the purists!

Jon F.

post-7179-12556005605024_thumb.jpg

Hi guys,

I still cannot get my Avatar to appear. Any tips ?.sad.gif

Also when I worked on the restoration of the LNER K1 at ICI Wilton, the 500 Bus Group were also in the same shed doing their thing. Upon completion, the bus had its engine started. It worked first time, after 17 years. Amazing !.ohmy.gif

Regards

Ian

My only experience of Bolton buses was driving a full width cab PD3 with semi-automatic box.

Mine also has the semi auto box and 169, with a full front and the same g.box is waiting restoration with the Bolton Bus Group.

JF

Archived