Static Grass Tips and Techniques

MichaelW

It's not my applicator, do not sell it or produce it ! Just think it's the best on the market..and hey it's just an opinion, you can do what you want but the results speak for themselve

Fair Comment but results are the same Im just concerned people will pay for something the really dont need. By the way have you checked the legality on it, as a Taser is at 50kv and its illegal to own a Taser in the UK. You only need a good 12 to 15KV its like using tank to shoot a bird makes no sense 

:no:  :yes:

...... As as for value for money, (under £150) I think the best is the GreenScenes Flock-it at £85 or whatever, which give extremely good performance - especially so if you upgrade the voltage - boosting the power (so it does make a difference - because I've tried it!). I get an extremely dense coverage, and will easy cope with fibres 20mm long if required

(No connection with GreenScenes other than as a customer)

If I could afford it, I would certainly buy the one Milo recommends,

Is your machine CE approved ? The RTS has all the European needed approvals, otherwise it's not allowed to sell them in Germany. And their 35kV version is just a bit more expencive as your machine as is their 15kV even cheaper.

And if it comes to power please explain to me why all professional flockers use applicators wit a bit more power then the hobby machines. Pro layout builders like Brandl and Langmesser use the Maag eroflock, why spend 975 euro without VAT on a machine that isn't needed. The car manufacturers use machines with more power than you can imagine. Check their site and you know what I'm talking about http://maag-flock.com/en/machines-facilities/

If this all isn't needed and you can use a Iongenerator used in airco's then why are these still sold ?

And I use bow and arrow to shoot birds  :scratchhead:

I've been working as a pro layout builder for a couple of years now, working on layout from a couple of square feet to 300 square meter layouts. They hire me because they think I'm the grassmaster. And I really don't want to grass 300 m2 of layout with 12kV no matter how big the hopper is. And in this case power is an issue. That is my experience..

To give you an idea wich applicators I worked with, Noch grassmaster 1.0 and 2.0, Heki flockstar and flockstar XL, RTS 15kv, 35kV and 55kV and the Maag Eroflock adjustable from 30 to 70kV. Never layed my hands on the WWS applicator but what I said before you can send me one for an honest opinion..work on an article for dutch and german magazines about static applicators so I like to test them all..

I would say that i do like you photos, Regardless of what app you use, the grass looks very nice. you should have a look at our range, Purely information mind. Email me your address and Ill send you some samples if you like, 

Mart

I would say that i do like you photos, Regardless of what app you use, the grass looks very nice. you should have a look at our range, Purely information mind. Email me your address and Ill send you some samples if you like, 

Mart

Martyn - this is another thread that has gone sour.

Milo does NOT sell applicators - he just uses them and shares his opinion, as do I. Your advice on the other hand appears to vary on the theme of buy our machine and phone us/watch our videos. We've been through that before.

You appear to be bent on rubbishing competitors machines, when there are equally good (or perhaps better ones) out there - and comparing a static grass machine to a weapon is melodramatic and counterproductive.

We are all aware that WWS exists and sells this kit, and we know where to find the information on it. In the Small Suppliers Forum.

• Like 1

Ok This is turning in to my dad is bigger than yours.

"turning" ?? I think it did that a long time ago. :( never helped by false accusations and claim and counter claim.

I know and expect you to advocate your product against every competitor and would hope that you think it is "the best" but let those who have used it speak up for you and let others voice their opinions on other products.

It is a real shame the way this topic has evolved (the other one on static grass is going the same way). I would guess most of us want to see examples and compare them as best we can on the medium of flat screens, we certainly don't want to see this. I keep coming back in the increasingly vain hoe that the topic has settled down to a civil debate.

Let your customers do the talking - if it really is that special they will let everyone know.

• RMweb Gold

I can only speak as I find.

My purchase of the Greenkeeper 55kv machine has worked out to be the best purchase that I could've made for my requirements. The results that I've had with it are superior (for me) to both the old and the new Noch machines that I have.

I don't begin to understand the technological details. All the technology that I understand is don't touch the ground plate when it's switched on. Whilst filling it recently with it stood on end the blue activation button was depressed thus it was live!

As I previously posted, I now have around 20m² of various types of grasslands to create so I'm anticipating a good result.

I'm indebted to Martin Wilberg for his advice on these machines.

In my amateur hands I've tried both Noch machines and the 'Greenscenes' device (I haven't tried a WW machine so can't comment on those) and the results from the new one exceeded my expectations.

You pay your money etc..etc.............

• Like 1

Being follically challenged I might just try it and go back to my roots ! Are there any light brown quiffy static grasses available?

post-20303-0-21312600-1435062122.jpg

Buckets of cold water also available for taking some heat out of the situation can also be modelled :)

Sorry guys, not wanna go into the mine is bigger as yours debate..so back to static grass..

17207902228_fd0973cfd1_b.jpg

17369729826_940ea8eaa1_b.jpg

17412803631_efb9c6b47f_b.jpg

these are the results of playing around for 4 years now. On a good base cover with fine turf adding drops instead of a full coat of glue. Working in 6 to 8 layers..

• Like 5

Sorry guys, not wanna go into the mine is bigger as yours debate..so back to static grass..

17207902228_fd0973cfd1_b.jpg

17369729826_940ea8eaa1_b.jpg

17412803631_efb9c6b47f_b.jpg

these are the results of playing around for 4 years now. On a good base cover with fine turf adding drops instead of a full coat of glue. Working in 6 to 8 layers..

Your static grass does look good so, how would you feel about making a video to show us all how you get these results ?

Bearing in mind others, whether it be individuals/manufacturers have been good enough to show us how they get the required results to suit themselves with their products and applicators.

• Like 1