Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Wright writes.....

• RMweb Premium
37 minutes ago, LNER4479 said:

On that theme ... and whilst there seems to be a latest - and enjoyable - outbreak of 'show n tell':

DSC00630g.JPG.fcff9628eadc2b99d4ffb93bbf8c4d7e.JPG

Only taken me nine months (albeit no more than 4-5 hours a week).

Who can spot the deliberate mistake?

Hi Graham

The train alarm indicators on the brake end of the twin set. 

Lovely looking coaches.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Tony Wright said:

It's getting towards that time of year when we look back at what we might have 'achieved' in our railway modelling over the last 12 months.

Blimey!

That Geoff Haynes has got a lot of painting to do!! :unsure:

(Amazing output Tony, and all to the highest standard).

57 minutes ago, LNER4479 said:

On that theme ... and whilst there seems to be a latest - and enjoyable - outbreak of 'show n tell':

DSC00614g.JPG.b6a5c3ac3df5ba82019ea8eabdab01c0.JPG

DSC00626g.JPG.b8a2eadc196a1390f5557455ee9dedbe.JPG

DSC00630g.JPG.fcff9628eadc2b99d4ffb93bbf8c4d7e.JPG

Only taken me nine months (albeit no more than 4-5 hours a week).

Who can spot the deliberate mistake?

Weird end door compartments? on the Comp.  Marked as 3rd ? where would the seats be ?

34 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

The train alarm indicators on the brake end of the twin set. 

11 minutes ago, micklner said:

Weird end door compartments? on the Comp.  Marked as 3rd ? where would the seats be ?

7 minutes ago, Darryl Tooley said:

Right idea, wrong vehicle, I should have said, Clive.  4901/2 did have alarm gear both ends: the clerestory, I  wouldn't have thought so.

Nope - all above built / lettered as per drawings / photos (what few of them there are).

Something else ...

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Darryl Tooley said:

Destination board racks? - I'm guessing now.

Nope - not really a 'draw the line' detail that I haven't fitted; more something deliberately wrong in appearance (one of the vehicles only) but in agreement with the intended owner.

I'll give it till the end of the evening ... 

23 minutes ago, LNER4479 said:

Nope - not really a 'draw the line' detail that I haven't fitted; more something deliberately wrong in appearance (one of the vehicles only) but in agreement with the intended owner.

I'll give it till the end of the evening ... 

The mini me clerestory? Or is it a long legged twin?

Edited by Headstock

1 hour ago, micklner said:

2020 output

NB Models ex NBR Brake van

fullsizeoutput_312c.jpeg.9542e699f42cb1f96f68d1522d8a1cd4.jpeg

Blacksmith Thompson BG

fullsizeoutput_312a.jpeg.597d5a62c9998cf8b9a5095c1a47e55c.jpeg

Langley Models NER Autocoach

IMG_1526.JPG.502cb88923388a3002eae6824bde4780.JPG

D&S ex GCR MIk Van

IMG_1703.JPG.95c7e9b2cead3f1049b09a790355e120.JPG

Model Wagon Co ex GNOS Cattle van

fullsizeoutput_3125.jpeg.60cbca131f9dbcc95e6523c84f3ba6c6.jpeg

Nu cast NER G6 BTP

fullsizeoutput_328c.jpeg.0dc7a6603d953b59a8f7faa182adecbd.jpeg

NIU models 

ACFI conversion of a Hornby A3 The White Knight

fullsizeoutput_3354.jpeg.be00309d1e7e95c226704d5b3d82926e.jpeg

D&S Coaches Dia 5 ,Dia 18 x 2

IMG_2119.JPG.fc5060756d36d3547f47218ac3c77c2f.JPG

Little Engines LNER A7

IMG_2427.JPG.fc860013365b97acc7fae2d4c69ec9bb.JPG

Current builds are a  Geo Norton J25 (Tender done in Brass still)and two D&S Clerestories Dia 14 all third and a Dia 7 Comp. I doubt if any will be finished this year.

Prolific!

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, Tony Teague said:

Blimey!

That Geoff Haynes has got a lot of painting to do!! :unsure:

(Amazing output Tony, and all to the highest standard).

Like all the best builders/painters, Geoff has an order book stretching into the distance, Tony.

Since I'm not a fan of model painting (particularly my own), I build as a sort of 'sub-contractor' for him. His clients know if I've built the loco (and all seem happy), and he 'pays' me by painting my locos. Symbiotic? It works.

Next on the list are two more GWR locos, and more in the pipeline. However, I can't see my building any more Thompson Pacifics for his customers....................

Regards,

Tony. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, micklner said:

No glazing !!!

It's definitely glazed - including the clerestory lights. Trust me on that one ...

56 minutes ago, Headstock said:

It's really an East Coast Double Jointed, end vestibule, non corridor, low roofed, centre Lavatory composite.

Well, you're actually closer that you might think with that. The clerestory is actually an ECJS Dia.19 TK and, in GNR days, it was a ECJS liveried vehicle so it's actually a bit of nonsense to have it lettered up as GNR at all! However, the intended owner wants a 'representative' GNR train (to run with his Locomotion Atlantic No.251) and we agreed to letter the vehicle up as if it were a GNR vehicle. The real ones were taken into LNER stock in 1925  and so the number is based on the LNER number for one of the vehicles - 41638 - with the '4' simply left off.

And if that hasn't sent you to sleep, nothing will. Good night!

DSC00616.JPG

• Like 11
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

9 minutes ago, LNER4479 said:

It's definitely glazed - including the clerestory lights. Trust me on that one ...

Well, you're actually closer that you might think with that. The clerestory is actually an ECJS Dia.19 TK and, in GNR days, it was a ECJS liveried vehicle so it's actually a bit of nonsense to have it lettered up as GNR at all! However, the intended owner wants a 'representative' GNR train (to run with his Locomotion Atlantic No.251) and we agreed to letter the vehicle up as if it were a GNR vehicle. The real ones were taken into LNER stock in 1925  and so the number is based on the LNER number for one of the vehicles - 41638 - with the '4' simply left off.

And if that hasn't sent you to sleep, nothing will. Good night!

DSC00616.JPG

Good evening Graham,

I figured it was probably ECJS. 

After the War, there was an unidentified number of eight wheelers operating as Friday afternoon strengthens and as a part of SuO expresses on the London extension. I never looked into them in too much detail, mainly because a possible source of a kit drew a blank. They were also definitely lower down the pecking order of what absolutely needed to be built. I have a couple of nice photographs of them in action though.  As a result, I'm not that familiar with them beyond a nagging recollection of the basic outline.

Both the clerestory and the twin are rather fine looking models though.

• Like 1