Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Wright writes.....

1 minute ago, Mike 84C said:

Question, why is the picture upside down? Its correctly orientated on my p c file. But, the picture was taken in landscape and I could not see how to rotate it. Others taken in portrait are fine. Easy answers please.

Luddite

Hi Mike, 

This usually occurs when the original picture was taken on a mobile phone which was held upside down (yes they really do have a top and bottom).  The way to correct this is to edit the picture on your PC and to re-save it to reset the orientation.  Then you can edit your post on RMWeb and replace the photos.  How do I know? Yep I've been there too. 

Frank

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, richard i said:

The past? Isn’t the past always better than it was at the time.

I don’t want to go back even just 8 months into the past.  That national lockdown, with Covid rampant before we got double vaccinated, was not a good time and I will never view it as such.

• Agree 5

• RMweb Gold
40 minutes ago, manna said:

G'Day Folks

I'd like to go back 50 years, but with what I know now. I could then make a few 'Decent' mistakes.

manna (aka Terry)

I was told (by an Australian farmer on holiday in the USA) that if you want to see what life was like 50 years ago...move to New Zealand...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
47 minutes ago, chris p bacon said:

I was told (by an Australian farmer on holiday in the USA) that if you want to see what life was like 50 years ago...move to New Zealand...

We say that about Queensland...

• Funny 7

7 hours ago, chris p bacon said:

Ah yes - Better! :locomotive:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

8 hours ago, chris p bacon said:

I remember what it was like 50 years ago, I was working at Kings Cross, which I enjoyed, but I want to be 20 again.:dancer:

manna

• Agree 1
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 3

2 hours ago, manna said:

I remember what it was like 50 years ago, I was working at Kings Cross, which I enjoyed, but I want to be 20 again.:dancer:

manna

You knew then what you know now you would be positively dangerous... in fact most people would.... :D

Edited by DougN
  • Funny 2

On 13/08/2021 at 16:51, Mike 84C said:

Bought this recently, its a "loft find" how long it was there for could be a quiz question, which leads onto mine. It needs a repaint very badly and its glued together, recommendations on paint removal please?  And yes it does go after wheel cleaning and a little lubrication,much to my surprise!

L&Y models 1.jpg

L&Y models 2.jpg

Old-fashioned, original Nitromores (not the water-soluble). Deadly anywhere near your flesh, but you'll end up with a gleaming kit of parts!

Regards,

Tony. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Tony Wright said:

Old-fashioned, original Nitromores (not the water-soluble). Deadly anywhere near your flesh, but you'll end up with a gleaming kit of parts!

Regards,

Tony. 

Tony,

Agreed - but where can one get it now?

John Isherwood.

• RMweb Premium

I fear even the so called ‘professional’ version, which is supposed to be the previous strong type, is no longer the same. A while ago I got some of the standard stuff, found it a total waste of time, then discovered the so called ‘only for those who know what they are doing’, and found it little better. Multiple applications for what was before a 5min job…… Tedious didn’t cover it.

Bob

• RMweb Premium

I've recently been stripping old model aircraft and some carriages with ModelStrip and have nothing but praise for it.  Smear it on and leave for up to ten hours then remove under warm water with an old toothbrush.  I've had it all over my fingers without any skin reaction (although I do wash it off carefully) and it does not attack any plastics that I've found.

Usual disclaimer etc., I'm just a satisfied customer.

• Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 3