Well done Peter and David. I knew you would have the answers, not quite the one I wanted but, I now know what direction I now need to go in.

My grateful thanks for your time and effort in gathering this information.

My kind regards

Sandy

"A coat of red oxide on the HR Goods Brake ..."

At first sight, I wondered if you built this from the erstwhile range of Highfield Models vacuum formed 'kits' (just the sides and ends, usually) but I can see that it looks far superior!  As an early foray into 0 gauge finescale from 0 gauge coursescale, over forty years ago, I built one and made up the missing bits (ie most of them) from Three Aitch, Hornby tinplate and from scratch.

HR20TBrake-s.jpg

David

Hi David. My one is a Alistar Wright design modified for 7mm by the late  Andy Copp of Lochgorm Models.

Sandy

• 1 month later...

Mansell wheels so it's something pre- grouping. You haven't cut the axle ends off so maybe outside frames have yet to be fitted.  Engine/motor underfloor with cardan shaft drive to one wheelset? North Eastern petrol-electric railcar or something similar?

Ray.

N.S.R. Engineers department inspectors car.

Well done everyone, Yes a NER Petrol Inspection Saloon Built 1908 in York. Drivers cab at both ends and seating in the saloon for 6. This model represents the earliest variant. They were quite long lived, never figured in the Running Stock,  but were added to Service Stock in 1925.

Sandy

• Like 3

Most of the building is now complete just a couple of jobs left. Window droplights being the most obvious, before starting on the roof, which will be fun!

The interior will have all the seating, table and driver fitted but a couple of castings are yet to be delivered.

The only other thing missing is the main gear wheel which is coming from Germany.

post-7733-0-49994600-1531594460_thumb.jpg

post-7733-0-62776400-1531594497_thumb.jpg

Sandy

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

the only reason i know of it because of 2 articles in the Engineer in 1908

See also Ken Hoole's useful little book on 'NER buses lorries & autorails', OOP but see the NER Autocar website for a possible digital copy with drawings.

I've been waiting for this kit for a few years and now see why it's taken John a while to complete. Still looking forward to it.

Link here - costs $3 http://www.britishtransporttreasures.com/product/north-eastern-railway-buses-lorries-and-autocars-1970-ebook/

Dava

Edited by Dava

I've been waiting for this kit for a few years and now see why it's taken John a while to complete. Still looking forward to it.

Dava

Nearly there! The internal fittings have been the hold up but the cushions for the settees and chairs have been been mastered and are being cast along with the spindle arms for the chairs. The interior is very, very visible!

Sandy

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

I'm rather disappointed that after waiting for this kit for several years and having a request in with Walsworth for that time, the small batch of kits have been made & sold with no more to be produced until a substitute for the Mashima motor can be found.Id have sourced this easily.

I think this is quite poor, I've recommended Walsworth Sentinel kits many times over the years.

Dava

I'm rather disappointed that after waiting for this kit for several years and having a request in with Walsworth for that time, the small batch of kits have been made & sold with no more to be produced until a substitute for the Mashima motor can be found.Id have sourced this easily.

I think this is quite poor, I've recommended Walsworth Sentinel kits many times over the years.

Dava

I can empathise with both parties on this one. We had 4 locos in development when Mr Mashima called time. It was very frustrating we had to stop work on them. Also we had 2 locos in production that had to be withdrawn as no-one is going to buy a kit that can't be motorised. Now with the demand for kits dropping and the requirements for DCC sound most of the parts now have to be re manufactured so its not worth wile manufacturing. But on the other side, as a model builder, I have two locos that were designed round motors that I con't get hold of so they will have to sit in their boxes until I can come up with an alternative. I don't think any side has had a positive out out this.

Marc