post-5296-0-30420900-1475436393_thumb.jp

The B&G leading coach is a BCK. Not that common over the S&C. 

HI Leander.

Coaching stock is not my forte' as is blatantly obvious when mistaking a BSK for a BCK, what type is common do you know?

Edit even got my B : C : S & K all mixed up

Edited by mike61680
  • Like 2

HI Leander.

Coaching stock is not my forte' as is blatantly obvious when mistaking a BSK for a BCK, what type is common do you know?

Edit even got my B : C : S & K all mixed up

Hi all,

Following on from Leanders' coaching info looking at my copy of 'Passenger Train Formations 1923-1983' I have selected the following:

TCE in 1965

Corridor Brake Second

Corridor Second

Corridor Second

Open Second

Open Second

Restaurant Buffet

Open First

Corridor First

Corridor Composite

Corridor Brake Second

Waverley 1965:

Corridor Brake Second

Open Second

Open Second

Open Second

Restaurant First

Corridor First

Corridor Composite

Corridor Composite

Corridor Brake Second

All above: BR Mk1 stock.

Problem is I don't know exactly what letter references e.g BSK applies to what so any help gratefully received.

• RMweb Gold

Problem is I don't know exactly what letter references e.g BSK applies to what so any help gratefully received.

Hi Mike,

It all goes well over my head. But I've found this wiki page useful in decoding most of the lists that I've seen.

But whatever you run I'd never know it was wrong... and it all looks great on your layout in my opinion... probably would even if it had a face on the front :)

Kind regards, Neil

• Like 1

1S49, the 10.25am from Leeds to Glasgow (Central) and its return working, the 4.10pm from Glasgow (Central at this time) in winter 1964/5 was made up as follows. The BG was the last vehicle southbound. All the stock was comprised of Mark 1s.

BG (Gangwayed Brake) Some photos show a GUV.

BSK (Brake Second Corridor)

SK (Second Corridor)

CK (Composite Corridor)

CK (Composite Corridor)

RB (Restaurant Buffet)

TSO (Tourist Second Open) A 64 seater, If SO with 48 seats is shown then it's a Second Open with 2 + 1 seating.

BSK (Brake Second Corridor)

Hi guys,

Thanks to Neil and Leander (sorry don't know your name) I have looked at the info and printed off a comprehensive guide, the only problem now is cross referencing the Bachmann stock I have comparing it to what I need, I have a dozen or so Hornby Mk1's but they do not perform well mixed with Bachmann due to disimilar coupling heights, I have found however that Bachmann perform best when Hornby 14.5mm wheels are fitted. Don't expect any changes too soon too many other things to get on with.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Another week of little achievement. I decided to illuminate the buildings - all five of them ! Now before you start informing me of:

The light coming through the roof

The doors being lit from behind

Light projecting from the ground etc.. etc...

I will be correcting these issues as I carry out some internal detailing over the cold winter months when I can sit in the living room instead of wasting fuel to heat the den. Anyway the photos show the possibilities and I'll also need to read up on night photography!

post-5296-0-49725500-1476635812_thumb.jpg

General view north

post-5296-0-18921000-1476635813_thumb.jpg

Bothy and Signalbox

post-5296-0-86165500-1476635813_thumb.jpg

'Up' waiting room 

post-5296-0-66736400-1476635814_thumb.jpg

Main building and waiting room with SM house in the background

post-5296-0-43412400-1476635815_thumb.jpg

Looking south

post-5296-0-12552600-1476635816_thumb.jpg

General station view

post-5296-0-88354400-1476635816_thumb.jpg

Signalbox and bothy

post-5296-0-77462800-1476635817_thumb.jpg

'Up' waiting room 

I do know these are pretty poor but they will improve, the SM house, signalbox and bothy have various switched choices whilst the platform buildings are fully illuminated with the platform lamps. Lamps are 12v grain of wheat for all except the signalbox which is grain of rice, given time all will be transformed I'm sure.

• Like 12

• RMweb Premium

Hi all,

Another week of little achievement. I decided to illuminate the buildings - all five of them ! Now before you start informing me of:

The light coming through the roof

The doors being lit from behind

Light projecting from the ground etc.. etc...

I will be correcting these issues as I carry out some internal detailing over the cold winter months when I can sit in the living room instead of wasting fuel to heat the den. Anyway the photos show the possibilities and I'll also need to read up on night photography!

attachicon.gif2016-10-07 19.32.15.jpg

General view north

attachicon.gif2016-10-07 19.33.10.jpg

Bothy and Signalbox

attachicon.gif2016-10-07 19.33.44.jpg

'Up' waiting room 

attachicon.gif2016-10-07 19.34.00.jpg

Main building and waiting room with SM house in the background

attachicon.gif2016-10-07 19.34.43.jpg

Looking south

attachicon.gif2016-10-07 19.35.17.jpg

General station view

attachicon.gif2016-10-07 19.35.46.jpg

Signalbox and bothy

attachicon.gif2016-10-07 19.36.05.jpg

'Up' waiting room 

I do know these are pretty poor but they will improve, the SM house, signalbox and bothy have various switched choices whilst the platform buildings are fully illuminated with the platform lamps. Lamps are 12v grain of wheat for all except the signalbox which is grain of rice, given time all will be transformed I'm sure.

Hi Mike

I had light leaking issues with Pig Lane and Hanging Hill's buildings. I lined the building roofs with tin foil, not only did it stop the leakage but it reflected the light back to where I wanted it.

I now only model daylight hours so don't have to worry about lighting buildings or working yard lamps.

• Like 2

I like the night shots, very atmospheric. I wasn't planning any lighting but that's making me have second thoughts. And looking at the anhydrite hoppers maybe I am wasting time building them...

I would not have the patience nor the dexterity to build a brass kit never mind 20 of them! Big Whitworth spanners and a 2lb engineers hammer is my forte'. My friend Allan offered to have a go at the brass version but I thought it way too much to ask. I have never really been one for absolute accuracy an acceptable representation is - well - acceptable. If you want I can forward the stages of my conversion and you could have a go, you will then have both options to evaluate.

• Like 1

The lighting in the buildings is a good idea mike,and has already got me thinking i need to fit one to the signal box on my own layout!

Nice pics of that 8f,the scenic work is fantastic.

Cheers

Ben

Hi Ben,

At the moment only the signalbox has interior detailing and once I master night photography you may all see it. Your mentioning the scenic work reminded me I had done some more detail work on the foreground and forgot to mention it. The gaps in the stone walling now has fencing and stiles built to prevent wandering ewes from straying onto the lineside and I am currently producing more steel type fencing for the area directly behind the 'up' waiting room.

Hi Mike nice photo's as usual I do enjoy seeing whats been running on the S&C this week. With regard to your night time shots try installing some blue spot lights above the layout on a dimmer switch just to give a bit of  moon light over the scene and you will find that photographic shots will be greatly enhanced. I have done this on Chester Northgate shed with good effect. Will have a search though my pics and see if I have any to hand, the layout is all packed away at the moment as I'm building my new layout Chumley End ...so can't take any at the moment.

• Like 2

Hi Mike nice photo's as usual I do enjoy seeing whats been running on the S&C this week. With regard to your night time shots try installing some blue spot lights above the layout on a dimmer switch just to give a bit of  moon light over the scene and you will find that photographic shots will be greatly enhanced. I have done this on Chester Northgate shed with good effect. Will have a search though my pics and see if I have any to hand, the layout is all packed away at the moment as I'm building my new layout Chumley End ...so can't take any at the moment.

Another good plan I'll have a look on the web, thanks.