5 hours ago, 67A said:

Hi Mick,

How is Werrington Junction progressing? My friend John shows some updates on Youtube occasionally.

Forgot to add to the previous post.

Werrington Junction should be completed by the 1st November.  It is mostly a case of track laying which started last weekend and carries on for the next month or so.  I missed it all but one of my friends managed to get some video of the track laying machine in action.  The link to his video is below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EezlYAQU280

Edited by Donington Road
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Donington Road said:

It is usually at the beginning of the process when you take the photos Mike.

When you take your photos in either landscape or portrait orientation your particular device, either camera of phone, uploads all those photos to your computer in landscape orientation only.  The software on your computer knows the difference and orientates those that should be in portrait mode so you see them correctly on your computer.  Sometimes if you open a folder containing a lot of photos you have taken of both orientations you can see the portrait ones being turned as the computer builds the thumbnails of the photos in the folder.  Some software will save those photos that have been turned automatically so they will always be in portrait from then on,  but other software doesn't which seems to be your case.

So when you uploaded those photos to RMweb you were uploading the original files that came to your computer in landscape orientation and not the portrait orientated ones you see on your computer because your software has not saved the original after it was turned for you to view.

Cheers Mick..........

Your neck might feel better - my heads wrecked now haha.:D

• Funny 3

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi Mike,

Haven't seen you on here for a while, I am missing your updates!

Anyway, saw this and thought of you - an early Christmas present to yourself perhaps?

Steve

694.jpg

https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/auction-catalogues/g-w-railwayana-auctions-ltd/catalogue-id-srgw10030/lot-2730523d-796f-45ad-acb1-adc30149ddb3

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Many thanks for all your kind thoughts and support. The coroner rang today with a determination of the cause, to narrow it down it was due to Acute exacerbation of her COPD combined with reduced blood flow to the heart. Purely natural causes I'm told. Life is to uncertain, she simply went to bed feeling cold and did not wake up, nice way to go though. Once again thanks for the messages of support, I will get there.

• Friendly/supportive 16

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I'm only a week late in posting but there is something better to show than last weeks offering would have been. The tracklaying is now complete and the electrics for the main running lines was completed some time ago which leaves just the MPD and goods yard areas to wire up, these should be quite simple as they will be mainly all 'live' with selected isolated areas and will have separate local control rather than leading to a main control panel.

20211212_152123.jpg.f88167603d4b4f489e706b89b3cd3688.jpg

Looking along the 'Up' direction we see the MPD area now laid adjacent to the 'Down' main.

20211212_152229.jpg.b811c8522f08aaf9ced3a80a4c843dee.jpg

Looking along the 'Down' direction the small goods yard features a road for the goods shed, a loading bay road and a coal drop road.

20211212_152239.jpg.f0f7c56713bb8f789df6558614dbe6c1.jpg

Here I attempted to build a 'tandem' point but gave up so a pair of right hand points were built instead.

20211212_152221.jpg.cf68b0bdea58da32138c93619ef51c8a.jpg

The goods yard is only a small affair but should be adequate.

20211212_152318.jpg.df98ad60705a34b4356c40cd97bf2994.jpg

The MPD buildings are over 20 years old and have featured in several of my layouts, the main building had a roof rebuild a couple of years ago prior to exhibiting my 'Bermuda Road MPD' layout at Poynton, it attracted a lot of attention over the weekend and I could have taken orders many times over.

20211212_152326.jpg.4b4b5c4e36878a299db19fc210983373.jpg

The longer spur off the turntable with the pit will feature a set of sheer legs in due course.

20211212_152539.jpg.1e004528cd66280de3e4af96db185f93.jpg

The 'coal hole' with ash pit is a particular favourite of mine.

20211212_152551.jpg.5958aeedff7a84d6d55eb47cc49ad261.jpg

All 4 roads through the MPD feature inspection pits and the buildings will be illuminated. The road adjacent to the left wall of the building is for the breakdown crane and the road on the right is for cripple loco's, this I remember from my spotting days at Corkerhill (67A) back in the good old days.

Hope you like the S L O W progress guys but I'm getting there.

• Like 13
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Looks pretty darn good Mike, That last MPD pic. You can tell is going to ooze atmosphere when done. Well it does now in its present condition.

Can see why you had many an offer to build a commissioned version.

Hope your doing ok?

Cheers

Ade

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Thanks guys, I will get some wiring done over the next couple of weekends but I think it will be during the Xmas break before its all finished. I'm looking forward to the scenics stage which is my favourite part of the hobby.

• Like 4

• 7 months later...

Hi all,

Again, apologies for the absence, I just can't get back into the swing of things. I have been doing bits here and there though. The wiring is completed at last and there is an ongoing period of test running prior to ballasting. I laid the platforms several weeks ago and all the stock I usually use to check clearances went through without issue until I ran a Class 08 and the coupling rods jammed! Some modification later and all is well, so this will be my preferred test loco in future.

I have a lot of catching up to do on RMWeb but will post a few photos over the weekend if the heat dies down a bit. I hope I get my MOJO back soon haha!

Regards

Mike

• Friendly/supportive 10