Run your cursor over the Youtube address, copy and paste it into your post:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/06/2020 at 10:46, jukebox said:

Simples, Mike:

Run your cursor over the Youtube address, copy and paste it into your post:

Thanks Jukebox, I'll have a go at that hopefully at the weekend. Apologies only just seen this as technology has driven me suicidal these past few weeks as my printers have all apparently developed faults and following all manner of uploads, reboots, head scratching etc. I find there has been issues with a Windows 10 update and guess what - 'they are working toward a solution'.

Regards

Mike

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 15/06/2020 at 09:54, Dragonboy said:

I too love these videos but they’re not appearing on YouTube for me 

Apologies for delay in replying, I'm suffering tech problems due to a Windows 10 update myself. Sadly I'm not the person to help you access the videos as I can just about load them! Try searching 'Mikes Dent Station' or just 'Dent Station' see if that helps.

Hi all,

Just a note to say still having some problems to deal with, I did attempt to film some movements on Sunday but found the a SDHC card was full. I had no intention of going out to queue for god knows how long to get one so have ordered a couple on ebay so hopefully will film again at the weekend.

I have also ordered the bespoke transfers from Railtec to complete the breakdown train so that should feature over the next few weeks all being well.

Good news is I finally got my 3 printers to work and now have a spare due to panic buying! I am really getting fed up with tech troubles!

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

HI all,

Things seem to be back to sort of normal now and I have had the opportunity to upload episode 6 parts 1&2 featuring WTT movements between 10.00 and 11.00 with a couple of bonus views!

https://studio.youtube.com/video/rRYocSQDAY8/edit

I also seem to have taken on board how to add the link in the post thanks to Jukebox!

Hope you enjoy guys.

Edited by 67A
Video edited to correct typo
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Apologies for lack of input. I had an accident a couple of weeks ago to my right leg, combine this with a long standing (get it?) pain in my left leg has rendered me to sitting down much more than I'm used to. I have done a bit more on the 3 coaches for the breakdown train and once finished I'll post the results. I have not ran any trains in the meantime so the timetabled slot from 11am - Midday is next on the YouTube session once I can clamber up on the steps safely!

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Finally the three breakdown coach conversions are all complete apart from a touch of weathering.

1023728611_2020-08-0915_05_34.jpg.e08f7c9483303b0453e721da0ca5a746.jpg

Jubilee 4-6-0 45600 'BERMUDA' heads out of Widdale tunnel with a sneaky peak of the train

1948053608_2020-08-0915_05_55.jpg.bfa3d252e1b4f3a831412ad47b1c2547.jpg

The breakdown train comprises:

A: 45T breakdown crane

16678896_2020-08-0915_06_19.jpg.8368fb737f64f1e722a0426cff9e9148.jpg

B: Tool Van

1735145311_2020-08-0915_13_05.jpg.cca04e806298be500878d3bd4aef9de0.jpg

C: Mess and tool van

582249720_2020-08-0915_13_21.jpg.6014b083c6209304cd8e9b517ad79b0b.jpg

D: Dormitory Coach plus a standard 12T van and Brake.

438161648_2020-08-0915_13_40.jpg.93b2415b07bda66cc01bc4cd577a9742.jpg

641864808_2020-08-0915_13_56.jpg.376e648c372b6282ebc7c855c469d891.jpg

The whole train which now needs attention of the weathering department!

Next up; the various sock in close-up.

• Like 13

First the loco in charge:

1677857368_2020-08-0915_14_04.jpg.8f86302c2b769867a0dc5f7e13300375.jpg

This was originally bought as 'ALBERTA' but the name changed to 'BERMUDA' to suit my exhibition layout 'Bermuda Road MPD' as the depot pet!

682462249_2020-08-0915_14_15.jpg.e73d013743332599412ed13fb766edc1.jpg

Bachmann 45T Breakdown crane was a combined Christmas gift.

1640387217_2020-08-0915_14_29.jpg.2618dd72e5962aa0bfd43de1e116d4da.jpg

The Tool Van conversion was featured earlier and is based on a MK1 CK

76364223_2020-08-0915_14_56.jpg.9b9cc5c3c457af6d540bb40c2dbd0709.jpg

The Mess and Tool Van is an altered Hornby Midland Clerestory Brake 3rd.

269624101_2020-08-0915_15_09.jpg.15cba84987359663b231f46143b50373.jpg

The Dormitory Coach started life as a Ratio Midland Brake 3rd kit

340627847_2020-08-0915_15_19.jpg.025fd544f2cd6014e00614cad0d37050.jpg

Seen from the rear the train makes an impressive sight, I think.

Still not up to much due to this nerve pain in my leg, just can't get a comfortable position either standing or sitting it seems. I have not attempted to do any filming at the moment either.

Back again once things get a bit better.

Take care everyone.

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 4 months later...

Hi guys,

My god doesn't 5 months pass quickly, I hadn't realised I have not posted on the forum since August until I just looked at the last post!

I'm still suffering with this leg issue but just having to put up with it for now. I have had a little burst of enthusiasm over the past few weeks having had a break from work. One task was to configure a working timetable which works on a card system rather than just reading from the sheet, I'm hoping it offers the opportunity to rotate the rolling stock better than my biased judgement alone.

Another time consuming job has been the fitting of 3 link couplings to a selection of my goods stock. I had fitted Kaydee magnets under the track in strategic locations but I was disappointed with the operation each time I performed a shunt move for various reasons including coupling which failed to open or close, wagons which 'took off' when crossing the magnet due to the steel axles, apparently American stock has brass axles to prevent this, the other point is the good old British problem of non matching coupling heights even with NEM pockets its just pot luck at times. I also find it almost impossible to shunt Dapol and Heljan stock due to the 'droop' on the tension lock couplings so all in all I'm intending to change a fair proportion of my goods stock to 3 link. On the block workings such as Oil and Freightliner I will be fitting my own coupling etch which performs well on the Anhydrites and old Lima parcels stock. The passenger stock will be left as it is. 

Christmas saw the arrival of a Class 27 in green, a couple of ex LMS Porthole coaches, a Mk1 RMB, 3 Accurascale PCV tanks, 2 Warwell wagons and a few more Oxford Hillman Imps for my Linwood car train, all of which (except the Imps) need weathering before release to traffic.

Due to my leg issues I have been busy collating my large photograph collection and have once again revisited my writing interest and have compiled an article detailing one of my early spotting trips which has been accepted for publication in a forthcoming issue of British Railways Illustrated and will include relevant photos from my archive. I am really looking forward to seeing this and have commenced a second piece.

The only other item of note is of course my version of Dent Station can now be seen on my YouTube channel, just search 'Mike's Dent Station'. Content to date features an introduction to the layout followed by a train by train account following the working timetable from 06.00 with two episodes covering a timetabled hour, this was due to length restrictions which I have only found out how to remove this weekend. At present the episodes to date take us to Mid-day and I hope by tomorrow evening to reach 13.00 It has been very interesting following an actual WTT and setting up the relevant train types makes for interesting workings. On the last episode the Carlisle pick-up took up part 1 on its own and I cut out all the fiddling with the 3 link couplings, I did enjoy it though.

So once again I apologise for my absence and I will strive to update more often and also have a look in at other favourites on the forum such as Jeff 'Physicsman's Gill Head which I took a look at today and suddenly there is a massive viaduct taking shape - typical Jeff eh!

Edited to correct: YouTube search title

Edited by 67A
  • Like 9
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Gold

Welcome back Mike,

I subscribe to your YouTube channel and caught up with your latest installment earlier this week.  Fascinating as ever, especially the intricate shunting of the pick up goods.  Sorry to hear you are still not 100% but glad you are getting back into modelling and filming the next installments of the operating timetable.

Steve

• Friendly/supportive 2

6 minutes ago, sjp23480 said:

Welcome back Mike,

I subscribe to your YouTube channel and caught up with your latest installment earlier this week.  Fascinating as ever, especially the intricate shunting of the pick up goods.  Sorry to hear you are still not 100% but glad you are getting back into modelling and filming the next installments of the operating timetable.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Many thanks for the comments, makes it all worthwhile. I was just about to commence filming earlier but my mate called in so it will have to be tomorrow, I just hope I have enough time as the editing and uploading can be tedious at times.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

As I said on GH, it is really good to see you are back in action, whether 100% or not. I did have a little chuckle - the joys of 3-links. I love them, but they are a real pain fitting at times.

Your band of followers will be delighted to get back to an S&C thread that has some ACTION on it, unlike a silly sod I know who only wants to play with clay! :)

Jeff

• Funny 3

2 minutes ago, Physicsman said:

As I said on GH, it is really good to see you are back in action, whether 100% or not. I did have a little chuckle - the joys of 3-links. I love them, but they are a real pain fitting at times.

Your band of followers will be delighted to get back to an S&C thread that has some ACTION on it, unlike a silly sod I know who only wants to play with clay! :)

Jeff

Life is strange, 40 years ago I used to laugh at the antics of old men trying to couple 3 link chains, now I'm an old man I'm laughing at myself (hence the cutting out). As for the clay I think you may be regressing into childhood dear boy!:)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, 67A said:

Life is strange, 40 years ago I used to laugh at the antics of old men trying to couple 3 link chains, now I'm an old man I'm laughing at myself (hence the cutting out). As for the clay I think you may be regressing into childhood dear boy!:)

I was once accused of regressing into my second childhood but I countered that I’d still not left my first one behind. 

• Funny 3

Hi guys,

Just a note to let you know episode 8 is currently loading onto YouTube if anyone wishes to have a look just search: Mike's Dent Station. Apologies, I forget how to attach a direct link.

In the episode there are details of the new timetable system and a snapshot of a scratchbuilt wagon I am currently creating plus all the trains featured between 12 Mid-day and 1pm on the working timetable.

Hope you enjoy!

Edited by 67A
Edited to correct timetable period DOH!!!
  • Like 5

Hi all,

Just to let you know episode 9 is now available on YouTube and thanks to 'Donnington Road' I now know how to embed a link here - YIPPEE!!!

I am working on several projects  v e r y   s l o w l y  it seems. The timetable card system has taken longer than anticipated but looks to be working well and will help rotate the loco fleet for varied interest. However not a lot done on much else this week.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi Mike.

Really enjoyed your latest video it shows off the attention to detail very well not to mention great editing. My wife and i are currently getting into YouTube (Fed up with violence and zombies on the Tele!!!). So I have subscribed to your channel  and will catch up when I get a free evening!

Great job on the mineral trains and I was very impressed with the coupling idea!

Regards Shaun.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 17/01/2021 at 20:56, mark axlecounter said:

I’ve just had a butchers at your latest video. 
I need to put it on the big tv when Lisa is not looking :locomotive:

Hi Mark,

Aren't you the big brave type, be a man - the bruises diminish after a week or so :D

• Funny 2

On 17/01/2021 at 22:07, Aire Head said:

I do like the couplings that's given me some food for thought

Hi Ade,

I just came up with the idea in order to get rid of those ugly massive wide bar types and it seems to work well but you have to be delicate as they are only thin nickel silver and easily bend.

• Informative/Useful 2