On 18/01/2021 at 19:41, Sasquatch said:

Hi Mike.

Really enjoyed your latest video it shows off the attention to detail very well not to mention great editing. My wife and i are currently getting into YouTube (Fed up with violence and zombies on the Tele!!!). So I have subscribed to your channel  and will catch up when I get a free evening!

Great job on the mineral trains and I was very impressed with the coupling idea!

Regards Shaun.

Cheers Shaun, it's always nice to get a bit of feedback on a light-bulb moment, with you and Ade that make two. My current deliberations for an etch are container turnbuckles initially for the 'L' type mineral so watch this space!

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Hi Mike, just watched episode 10, very interesting.  I especially like the camera work panning and following the locos.  Will be even better once you have the gimbal to help steady the camera.

Great stuff - thank you.

Steve

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi Mike

just been watching episode 10. Great stuff!

Sorry I posted on here by mistake and have moved the content to Grim-up-North where I meant to post it.:)

Regards Shaun.

Edited by Sasquatch
  • Like 1

On 21/01/2021 at 21:34, Paul Cram said:

Hi What is the backscene you have used?

Hi Paul,

Apologies for delay in replying.

The backscene is actual photos I took around the area and a company called "Art Printers" in Telford stitched them all together in several banners.

On 22/01/2021 at 01:57, mark axlecounter said:

well I tried putting it on the big tv. 

Mike your right, the bruises are not as bad as before :D 

I have a good person and friend with my Lisa. She bought me the Hornby City of Salford for Christmas. She is a keeper. 

Mark T 

Hi Mark,

There you go, always trust a man of experience! Lisa sounds like my Laura, understanding and more, this hobby can be overwhelming to some. The first time I met Laura she came to my birthday party with her sister and her niece and following the initial introduction the first thing I said was "Do you want to come upstairs and see my model railway", The reply was "That's a new one". At least she knew from the off what she was in for eh!

• Like 2
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, 67A said:

Hi Paul,

Apologies for delay in replying.

The backscene is actual photos I took around the area and a company called "Art Printers" in Telford stitched them all together in several banners.

Hi

Thanks for that. It looks like I might need to do the same, I had hoped they were commercial prints.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Hi Mike, I was told last night of your new narrated Videos and I've just watched this one from June 2020, and I'm really impressed mate. I will sit down over the weekend and try and catch up with your Videos and see what you've been up to in detail.

I hope your keeping well and and safe, all the best Mike.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

On 29/01/2021 at 11:26, Andrew P said:

Hi Mike, I was told last night of your new narrated Videos and I've just watched this one from June 2020, and I'm really impressed mate. I will sit down over the weekend and try and catch up with your Videos and see what you've been up to in detail.

I hope your keeping well and and safe, all the best Mike.

Hi Andy,

Great to hear from you, hope all is well down south mate. I don't suppose we'll be bumping into each other much at exhibitions due to covid and your new location, pity though, it was always nice to have a chat.

As for the videos, I'm no Cecil B De'Mille but I think I'm getting a little bit better with each attempt - I think and hope. Haha.

Its also nice to see Jeff making progress with Gill Head, my god that man has the patience of a saint or 48 hours in a day, whichever it is I could do with catching some of it.

Unfortunately for me covid has not benefitted me with free time as I am still busy at work and when the cold weather set in I decided it was a waste of time trying to heat the den during the week and now just go in there on Friday evenings and weekends.

I do hope you continue to keep a look in and of course look after you and yours mate.

Best wishes and stay safe.

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Just a quick update on recent projects.

The fuel carrying wagon I'm scratchbuilding has got no further I'm afraid but it will be completed at some point.

I'm currently working my way through a more detailed working timetable which will provide a loco roster allowing sufficient 'real' time before a loco reappears. Currently the timetable shows 88 northbound workings and 73 southbound workings passing through Dent in a 24 hour period. I am hoping to include some additional CM+EE specials, odd light engine moves and perhaps another pick-up goods just for some shunting interest. If you have a look at episode 14 of Mike's Dent Station on YouTube it shows more detail.

Some weathering work has been started on new stock so that should soon be available.

It's been a bit too cold in the den recently so things have taken longer than normal but the better weather is on the horizon.

Cheers guys, see you soon.

• Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Gold

Half an hour went 'just like that' - superb.  One slight problem, to hear you the sound needed to be set high but when the information plus music came on between each 'take'  SWMBO was not too happy.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

21 hours ago, PeterBB said:

Half an hour went 'just like that' - superb.  One slight problem, to hear you the sound needed to be set high but when the information plus music came on between each 'take'  SWMBO was not too happy.

Hi Peter,

Well now we can't have er'indoors unhappy, now I really don't know how to fix this issue but I will at least try, thanks for letting me know.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

18 hours ago, sjp23480 said:

Compulsive viewing again Mike, well done.

Just one question, how long did it take that steamroller to get up to Monkey Beck?

Steve

Not as long as the pair in Eskdale?

https://tractiontalkforum.com/showthread.php?t=28046&highlight=HardKnott+Pass 

(I knew about the thread before...)

James

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

On 18/02/2021 at 19:04, 67A said:

Hi Peter,

Well now we can't have er'indoors unhappy, now I really don't know how to fix this issue but I will at least try, thanks for letting me know.

Here you go Mike, this tutorial should help you.  I would also suggest you fade your music out for 4 to 5 seconds at the end, which is better than an abrupt ending.

Nice video again.

Edited by Donington Road
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, Donington Road said:

Here you go Mike, this tutorial should help you.  I would also suggest you fade your music out for 4 to 5 seconds at the end, which is better than an abrupt ending.

Nice video again.

That what I do now on my later Videos from Seven Mills Sidings No 72 I think it was.

• Informative/Useful 2

On 19/02/2021 at 13:20, figworthy said:

"PLEASE NOTE: You Now Need to Be a Signed Up Member to View Posts on Traction-Talk"

:huh:

Adrian

Of course...and I never see that since I'm signed up :)

Anyway, Hardknott Pass & Honister Pass.  On iron...in a roller.

James 

• Like 1

On 18/02/2021 at 21:37, sjp23480 said:

Compulsive viewing again Mike, well done.

Just one question, how long did it take that steamroller to get up to Monkey Beck?

Steve

Sorry to disappoint Steve, the steam roller came over from Garsdale not up from Cowbeck :D

On 20/02/2021 at 20:52, Donington Road said:

Nice video again.

Hi Mick,

I had a look at the music issue but although I seemed I could lower the volume I found it altered the whole piece and not just the music no matter how I tried, maybe this tutorial will help fathom the depths of audio for me next weekend, thanks once again Mick you are a star!

I did try to fade out the music but messed that up also. DOH!

• Friendly/supportive 1

28 minutes ago, 67A said:

Hi Mick,

I had a look at the music issue but although I seemed I could lower the volume I found it altered the whole piece and not just the music no matter how I tried, maybe this tutorial will help fathom the depths of audio for me next weekend, thanks once again Mick you are a star!

I did try to fade out the music but messed that up also. DOH!

I am not a Powerdirector user myself but I am sure it works like most other video editing programs. Usually you can just (right?) click on the individual music track in the timeline and adjust the volume (db level) from there.

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Hardly had a moment to myself over the past few weeks and it has meant my usual YouTube weekly timetable slot is some 4 or 5 weeks late which is even worse than the old BR! :)

Anyway here's the link to episode 16. It is slightly different to the previous as all my template thingy's all disappeared from! the program - I do hate technology.

• Like 10