This forum area will be available for the first couple of weeks for members to make test posts to explore functionality.

Testing - Please Ignore

SRman

Testing

Testing

Testing

OK, that works! The reason I started this was that I have just bought a new laptop with Windows 8 and Internet Explorer 10. When posting a couple of entries earlier, I found that, for some reason, I couldn't get a line feed (pressing 'Enter' had no effect).

This post was done using Google Chrome and it works perfectly.

Also, in IE10 I found I couldn't select the text colour, whereas it works fine in Chrome.

One other thing, though: the new laptop and new keyboard have not improved my typing skills at all! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

I think I have solved the problem now. I found that it was limited only to RMweb and none of the other forums (for a?) that I'm on, so it had to be a setting within the editor on RMweb.

I clicked on the "toggle editing mode" icon at the upper left of the edit box and lo and behold, it all now works properly. This was typed out in IE10 on Windows 8!

:)

• 3 weeks later...

I think I have solved the problem now. I found that it was limited only to RMweb and none of the other forums (for a?) that I'm on, so it had to be a setting within the editor on RMweb.

I clicked on the "toggle editing mode" icon at the upper left of the edit box and lo and behold, it all now works properly. This was typed out in IE10 on Windows 8!

:)

Ah, and the answer to the problem was to be found in the test area... :sungum:

And that works! Hurrah!

The testing area allowed me (and, hopefully, others) to try out things without unnecessarily clogging up more informative threads!  :)

It looks like it may have been able to help a couple of others already. Please feel free to use this for your own problem-solving too.

Archived