Dapol announce 7mm HAA, HEA and VEA at Warley

Andy Y

• 11 months later...
2 hours ago, birdseyecircus said:

Whilst I have seen pictures of first samples of the turbot & bogie bolster I have yet to see even CAD images of the HEA or VEA so guess progress has barely started.

Paul

I am particularly disappointed about the HEA.

The HAA looks pretty good but I only ever saw these run in bulk loads of 20+ hoppers, which in O gauge terms is huge.

HEAs on the other hand regularly turned up in smaller numbers making them much more suitable for a small yard. For this reason, I would expect these to sell better.

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, 25901 said:

Well I've done something odd, I do 00 but have just got a 0 HAA blue cradle, she's nice. Do I need help lol

No, you need more O Scale. :mosking:

Edited by F-UnitMad
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2

On 24/05/2019 at 19:45, 25901 said:

Well I've done something odd, I do 00 but have just got a 0 HAA blue cradle, she's nice. Do I need help lol

I bought 14 of these albeit flame red cradle ones some months ago, if you need help I need sectioning lol. Just think tho you are getting ready for the new Heljan 56 which of course you will never buy because you model oo! 

6 hours ago, delticfan said:

I bought 14 of these albeit flame red cradle ones some months ago, if you need help I need sectioning lol. Just think tho you are getting ready for the new Heljan 56 which of course you will never buy because you model oo! 

It gets worse, I do 1ft/12" too

• Agree 1

On 20/03/2019 at 09:37, Pete the Elaner said:

I am particularly disappointed about the HEA.

The HAA looks pretty good but I only ever saw these run in bulk loads of 20+ hoppers, which in O gauge terms is huge.

HEAs on the other hand regularly turned up in smaller numbers making them much more suitable for a small yard. For this reason, I would expect these to sell better.

There were a couple of workings  to industrial users in East Anglia that used rakes of HDAs (HAA with improved braking) as short as 5 wagons; the wagons were brought in on 'Speedlink' workings.

• Like 1

The HEA's will be more popular I agree

We seem to have been waiting for ages but I'm sure with a bit of patience something will turn up soon - they have done some work on them already so hopefully something will appear soon...

• Thanks 1

On 27/05/2019 at 11:46, Fat Controller said:

There were a couple of workings  to industrial users in East Anglia that used rakes of HDAs (HAA with improved braking) as short as 5 wagons; the wagons were brought in on 'Speedlink' workings.

The Blue Circle cement factory at Claydon in Suffolk on the GEML for one I believe.  Good excuse to mix a few HAA/HDAs into a Speedlink working.

• 3 months later...

I was like many others just wondering when the Vanwide (VBA&VEA) and the coal hoppers HEA will be appearing?

Maybe we all need to try and nudge Dapol on this one.

I can see these being very popular but other projects seem to overtake these all of the time. 

They certainly seem stuck in a siding with the signal at Red unfortunately

We have all tried to be patient but it would be great to hear of some progress here

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Welsh Signaller said:

Certainly they’ll be a very popular model, with their prototypical short rakes.

Especially if you want to convert them to nuclear flask barrier wagons, very short prototypical trains.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, thedman said:

I just use my John Talbot RNA.

I got my flask wagon kit from him, nice kit......but supply is not exactly reliable, at least it wasn’t a few years ago.

After the first kit I tried to buy a couple more but failed so bought a 4mm RTR wagon and had it scanned and printed at 7mm scale at work (we had a very large and expensive scanning and rapid prototyping 3D printing department ;)).

wouldnt you know it after all that I have gone back to 4mm modelling :lol:

Edited by boxbrownie

• 1 year later...
18 hours ago, NigeW said:

About time: only been waiting 8 years for them.  Hopefully the 8 shoe underframe from the vanwide will lead to a palvan, plus later vans and conflats. 

The Vanwide brake rigging is unique; clasp brake with a central V and a short brake lever. https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/brvanwide/e48fc6ed 

It is closest to the LMS VB rigging, but they characteristically had auxilliary (J-hanger) suspension. https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/brakerigging/e11a6d9ca

Palvan, later vans and Conflats when they had a clasp brake had the type with an offset squared off V hanger; This brake rigging is available from Slaters with the Conflat kit. https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/brakerigging/e224563d6

There is a shock open batch with a brake rigging similar to the Vanwide but it had a full length brake lever https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/brshockopenwood/e3df29f7f

Although having similarities with some AB conversions the VEA is also a unique brake rigging. 

The HEA is being worked on. 

Paul

PS where did 8 years come from? If Dapol were making 7mm models 8 years ago they were those non too accurate Private Trader wagons, now replaced by Lionheart designs. 

Edited by hmrspaul