Dapol announce 7mm HAA, HEA and VEA at Warley

Andy Y

30 minutes ago, Courtybella said:

My mistake, I’ve done some work on the wagons and filmed an apology for any misinformation that I mistakenly gave.

I think my issue (about reviews in general), is that if you don't know about the item, and are relying on other people to make observations about it, then what value does your review add? I can see the point of a 'silent' film, which shows what you get in the box, turns it upside down and shows it running, but I don't think your commentary added much.

I've been making the same point about reviews in magazines for a long time, if the reviewer can't make a critical* assessment of the pro's and con's of the item under review, then is it actually a review? and should it be regarded as editorial the magazine buyer pays for, or advertising?

*for the avoidance of doubt, I mean 'expressing or involving an analysis of the merits and faults of a work', rather than criticism (unless thats actually warranted).

Jon 

• Agree 1

It wasn’t a review as such, like I said I’m not qualified in the field, more a personal point of view as a customer and modeller.

Bottom line was/is if your after a very good value for money O gauge wagon then this wagon is ideal for you, if your after a 100% accurate model of the real thing, then maybe you’ll be a tad disappointed and will require some work.  

Id also suggest my channel, and videos aren’t aimed at the confident modeller more the inexperienced and lack confidence  like me. The channel is more a historical record for me, than a way to educate or inform to be honest. If anyone takes enjoyment from it brilliant.

An update, and humble apology will follow this afternoon via the channel.

177DB9A3-0E3F-4CC7-9BA3-83220B1E3524.jpeg.628719a8745400773fa1a86619a8353b.jpeg

BAD9EC6C-7584-4FD2-8458-13AEA91AE7FC.jpeg.b68e2dfbd6ca0efcfa45418e7b7ffc61.jpeg

8D0EC4F6-D2DD-4ADB-973A-23AA9A4120A0.jpeg.04e0a2c7a30af095a62e351a4ca5f0e7.jpeg

1133FF7F-AEA0-4EC8-8500-BCA35FA4E5EA.jpeg.3e0695bd33fcc26ac2014d6f9196a340.jpeg

Edited by Courtybella
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

I often find, particularly in 7mm, threads go quiet when the items arrive, so any photos or film of what you get have merit although you can't beat seeing them in the flesh.

I'm not remotely interested in videos of the box, or anything anything purporting to be a review, which often seem a little self-indulgent.

I just want to see it to make my own decision and since that isn't easy around covid, anything that helps there is welcome.

Edited by Hal Nail
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Hal Nail said:

I often find, particularly in 7mm, threads go quiet when the items arrive, so any photos or film of what you get have merit although you can't beat seeing them in the flesh.

I'm not remotely interested in videos of the box, or anything anything purporting to be a review, which often seem a little self-indulgent.

I just want to see it to make my own decision and since that isn't easy around covid, anything that helps there is welcome.

Box opening videos really do not interest me either, I just tried to give an open mad honest personal opinion. Hopefully I gave plenty of clear shots of each side and end efc so people could have a good look.

But like most things in life, it’s it don’t like it move on a nothing to see here as they say.

• RMweb Gold

I would say the VEA’s are actually painted not plastic ;) ok it’s a bit thin but there’s definitely paint around the rivets and you can see the patch on the bufferbeam too. It appears to have needed another coat or two though!

905EE9E4-6BD5-447D-8932-D3E8F4EC86D3.jpeg.c5d72515fc0a08099bc672f4ffd74a0b.jpeg

Take the roof off and and you can see how translucent it is with the grey showing as a clear band. 
C54A8768-8A57-4BAB-BC8B-243F339C3563.jpeg.3c67a138c7bc3e980d151f180e411156.jpeg

I’m going to spray the inside with red primer and weather them which will sort it. 

Compared to a Heljan wagon you can see the skinny pipes!
48805DFE-7378-4601-8093-B3350514EBA9.jpeg.7e9900a3f027b8d971d7609a1d11e159.jpeg

73AA4D6C-7D8B-44E4-A106-BDA6242EA25E.jpeg.3548104ad978a6d770976fd51cf06f4f.jpeg

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, PaulRhB said:

Based on one of Paul Bartlett’s photos I’ve added worn off hazard labels

Very nice how have you done the roof colour? Sprayed or dry brushed?, here is one of mine. Don't forget to remove the yellow pipe if modelling from mid 80's on.

IMG_8881.jpg

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Nick G said:

Very nice how have you done the roof colour? Sprayed or dry brushed?,

It’s a thin a grey wash with dilute Tamiya grey I then stippled with a 1 inch paintbrush to remove the brush marks. 

1 minute ago, Nick G said:

here is one of mine. Don't forget to remove the yellow pipe if modelling from mid 80's on.

IMG_8881.jpg

Ta Nick. It’s fallen off one end already! :lol: and I’m intending replacing them with bigger pipes anyway so there will be only one each end :good:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Baggies1961 said:

Chap there estimated a couple of months as they are at sea apparently

About (insert anglo-saxon of choice) time!! 🙄🙄👍👍😁

Just put my pre-order in at a certain Merseyside emporium. Only 2 models, but I don't want to miss out after such a wait. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

41 minutes ago, Nick G said:

How common were the HEA's with the ladder in the centre. I only ever remember seeing them with the ladder on the left?

I think it was only the early ones that had the centre ladder, not sure of numbers but they were definitely in the minority 

Seen them at Doncaster yesterday and looking very nice, strange though that on the Dapol flier they are now only going to produce one Railfreight red model with the other advertised as next production run, would have thought that Railfreight red would be the top seller. Maybe down to a production problem rather than a commercial decision.

JP

Edited by LNERJP

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Courtybella said:

Tower (who have been extremely quiet of late update wise on their website) did say mid August for delivery.

There's a strike at Felixstowe at the moment.

In fact now I've looked, Tower said on 22 August they wont be here till early Sept.

Edited by Hal Nail

• 4 weeks later...