Dapol announce 7mm HAA, HEA and VEA at Warley

Andy Y

Looks like someone has taken it upon himself to spread his hatred for Dapol in so many places on RMweb... 12 posts so far and almost all showing hatred for a brand. What a pity!

If you don't have anything useful other than moaning it's better not to clutter the threads. Yes there are problems with models. Nothing can be perfect. But not everyone wants to listen to your complaints. If you've made a decision to boycott a brand can you please quit telling us your sad stories filled with hatred?

Edited by MGR Hooper!
  • Like 1

Mr hooper I've had already had many supporting clicks from established and respected members not least of all from  DJM Dave (a man in a position to know). I think that says it all.

I'm just reporting my experience with Dapol, OK maybe a couple of gentle snipes but nothing that others havnt posted before.

Perhaps you should simply 'disagree' with my posts and while you are here, disagree with all the other posts complaining and  questioning what is going on.

There are unlikly to be further hate filled posts as product i buy will be from other manufacturers who emply staff who care about customers and develop there own products. However I am filled with a desire to visit Dapol just to see what these people look like.

That doesn't mean you continue with cluttering the forum with your sad stories. Least interesting. Lots have had bad experiences with Dapol, but they don't whinge on every topic. Every post of yours clearly shows your hatred. And as far as I can see there is 28,000 members on RMweb. So your "many in support" isn't really many.

Please keep your personal bad experiences to yourself. This very topic has no relation to you. Yet you posted unnecessarily. It's okay if you post in a topic relevant.

• 6 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Nope, you safe! Not released yet, I'm hoping we might see something or find out more at Warley, but (fingers crossed) won't be too long!

I'm looking for a rake (or two!) of the HAAs....

Rich

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

When will these be released - have I missed the boat?

Hi CME,

Just to update things, I was talking to Dapol today on several fronts (see my blog in the footer for more in-depth info if you want it) but the HEA/HAA wagons are the next ones to go through the factory so they're saying Early 2017 - Jan/Feb time.

Rich

Hi CME,

Just to update things, I was talking to Dapol today on several fronts (see my blog in the footer for more in-depth info if you want it) but the HEA/HAA wagons are the next ones to go through the factory so they're saying Early 2017 - Jan/Feb time.

Rich

Hi Rich,

Thanks for that - I had almost forgotten about them, but they are a 'need' so as to complete a 'Nuke' train.

Much obliged.

ATVB

CME

PS Great Blog BTW - looks like I may add a couple of Panniers to the fleet too <gulps and goes pale>

Edited by CME and Bottlewasher

• RMweb Gold

Hi Rich,

Thanks for that - I had almost forgotten about them, but they are a 'need' so as to complete a 'Nuke' train.

Much obliged.

ATVB

CME

PS Great Blog BTW - looks like I may add a couple of Panniers to the fleet too <gulps and goes pale>

Hi CME,

Thanks for your kind comment on the blog. It was only something i knocked together quickly but have been really pleased with the positive comments back from both readers and businesses mentioned, and the fact that its been viewed over 4,500 times!!  The idea just came to be on the drive home thinking about everything that I'd been told and found out, seemed logical to share it.  Given the superb feedback from everyone, i'm wondering if it can be developed into some small modelling resource now - subject to my spare time!

Rich

Edited by MarshLane
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Sell it to Google in a couple of years?

Haha! I don't have that kind of luck!! :beee:  Plus i'd have to find something else to do with my spare time :) ... then again, i could go back to railway modelling i suppose  :sungum:

Sorry for hijacking the thread!

Edited by MarshLane

• RMweb Gold

CME,

Just a thought, but if your not already aware of them, do you know about the FNA nuke kits that Buzz Models do? Saw them at Telford. Pic on the blog page I think. I was impressed with their kits and how they went together, although I stress I haven't built one yet!

Rich

• RMweb Gold

But do BUZZ produce just the normal HEA or the dedicated "cut down and ballasted" HEA wagon?

I cannot see much info on their website, it is a bit basic right now.

Hi David,

I don't think Buzz do a HEA - they do the FNA nukes, and MGR HAA.  I think it was the Heljan HEAs that CME was referring to.

The list of kits I picked up at the show details: FNA, HAA, MHA, MEA, MFA and IWA (all resin body with white metal under frame), IWA (resin body with white metal bogies) and FFA/FGA white metal body and etch brass under frame.

Rich

Rich

Hi CME,

Rich

Thanks for the info. I looked long & hard at the Dapol stand but couldn't see any mention of HEAs, & got distracted by the 08, & forgot to ask about them when I spoke to one of the staff about the 57xx.. D'oh!! :rolleyes: :blush:

• RMweb Premium

Aha OK, thanks for the update...I thought from your blog that BUZZ did the HEA as well as the FNA, I already have three FNAs one from a kit and two from a 3D scan from a 4mm FNA and then printed in resin while I was working (had the latest resources then :spiteful: ), all I need is a few barrier wagons to make the set.

CME,

Just a thought, but if your not already aware of them, do you know about the FNA nuke kits that Buzz Models do? Saw them at Telford. Pic on the blog page I think. I was impressed with their kits and how they went together, although I stress I haven't built one yet!

Rich

But do BUZZ produce just the normal HEA or the dedicated "cut down and ballasted" HEA wagon?

I cannot see much info on their website, it is a bit basic right now.

Aha OK, thanks for the update...I thought from your blog that BUZZ did the HEA as well as the FNA, I already have three FNAs one from a kit and two from a 3D scan from a 4mm FNA and then printed in resin while I was working (had the latest resources then :spiteful: ), all I need is a few barrier wagons to make the set.

Hi fellas,

I have asked - via email - Buzz models if they will be - or are - doing a modified HEA (barrier wagon for FNA trains) and I await their reply.

Thanks, in haste,

ATVB

CME

• 3 months later...

Anyone heard anything regarding the pending release of the HAA and HEA ?., I have quite a large number of HAA's on order with an expected delivery of early spring, provided by my supplier but it appears difficult to get any official  release date from Dapol.

Anyone heard anything regarding the pending release of the HAA and HEA ?., I have quite a large number of HAA's on order with an expected delivery of early spring, provided by my supplier but it appears difficult to get any official  release date from Dapol.

From facebook

HEA's are due about August in time for Telford with the HAA's afterwards around December, according to Joel at Dapol.