westerhamstation

• RMweb Gold

Thank you all for comments etc, It is indeed very dirty down at Ewer Street and its environs, so much so that Mrs W Station has been issued with a hose pipe ban, she has been using the pressure washer a bit to much in her valiant but fruitless attempts to clean me up after my visits to Ewer Street. All the best Adrian  aka Sooty.

• Like 1
  • Funny 6

1 hour ago, westerhamstation said:

Thank you all for comments etc, It is indeed very dirty down at Ewer Street and its environs, so much so that Mrs W Station has been issued with a hose pipe ban, she has been using the pressure washer a bit to much in her valiant but fruitless attempts to clean me up after my visits to Ewer Street. All the best Adrian  aka Sooty.

Sounds like Mrs W Station is making a clean Sweep.

Regards...   bye

J

• Funny 3

You've inspired me to have a go at making an old steel plate bridge ( when I've finished a load of 16t mins!)

Call me sad but I often stood and studied similar structures when I was doing stuff in North London a while back, (should have taken pics tho)

you could even say I'd been rivet counting! :D

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium

Amazing picture in your most recent post Adrian. However, the first two make me think that although they're standard gauge they look to me decidedly narrow gauge, thirst first time I've really noticed it in any OO gauge pictures that I've seen. The crazy thing is that I know OO is technically narrow gauge but I don't ever remember seeing pictures that make it look that way before.

Edited by Ray H
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
23 hours ago, Ray H said:

Amazing picture in your most recent post Adrian. However, the first two make me think that although they're standard gauge they look to me decidedly narrow gauge, thirst first time I've really noticed it in any OO gauge pictures that I've seen. The crazy thing is that I know OO is technically narrow gauge but I don't ever remember seeing pictures that make it look that way before.

Hi Ray, changed over to broad gauge now. All the best Adrian

2a.jpg

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 10

On 07/12/2018 at 16:25, westerhamstation said:

Just some pictures of progress to date, the roof is nearly finished and the next job is to build the signal box, which is currently that white cardboard box structure at the end of the platform. All the best Adrian.

post-17489-0-76079300-1544199811_thumb.jpg

post-17489-0-66977600-1544199828_thumb.jpg

post-17489-0-60682900-1544199841_thumb.jpg

post-17489-0-81062800-1544199861_thumb.jpg

post-17489-0-68029100-1544199876_thumb.jpg

post-17489-0-33415700-1544199893_thumb.jpg

post-17489-0-69936000-1544199905_thumb.jpg

post-17489-0-58684500-1544199921_thumb.jpg

post-17489-0-20649400-1544199933_thumb.jpg

Shown me what to do for my Stranraer canopies! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Fishplate said:

What treat have you instore for us now Adrian ? See you've given no clues . . . . :scratch_one-s_head_mini:

No clues?????

A huge sign, at least 40mm x 20mm, in red on white, claiming the site is sold to an Engineering company ....

Clearly another Macdonalds outlet under way.....

Regards

Julian

• Like 2
  • Funny 3

1 hour ago, jcredfer said:

No clues?????

A huge sign, at least 40mm x 20mm, in red on white, claiming the site is sold to an Engineering company ....

Clearly another Macdonalds outlet under way.....

Regards

Julian

As in clues to what is going to be manufactured after ballasters/ corrugated iron/ riveters etc. . . .☺

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Acme will continue to make their existing product range with the addition of some exciting new products, 4ft metre rule. non stick glue, sky hooks and chequered paint will be just some of them.

11 hours ago, Fishplate said:

What treat have you instore for us now Adrian ? See you've given no clues . . . . :scratch_one-s_head_mini:

All the best Road runner C.E.O

• Like 1
  • Funny 7