westerhamstation

• westerhamstation changed the title to Westerham, Ewer Street, The Gate House Has Gates.
  • RMweb Gold

As usual, when you add something new to the layout, it looks like it's been there for ever. You really do have this knack of blending everything together so well.

Good stuff.

Al.

• Like 4
  • Agree 7
  • Thanks 1

• westerhamstation changed the title to Westerham, Brasted fence inspection time.
  • RMweb Gold

‘Ere mate, you can’t be ’avin S&T doing p-way work.  Unions won’t stand for that, trains’ll be off for days.

Lovely pictures though.

Paul.

• Agree 3
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Nevermakeit, I am glad that you like the pictures.

The fence wire was made from cotton painted with a very thinned Humbrol enamel paint which seems to give the cotton a ragged finish as luck would have it.

All the best Adrian.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• westerhamstation changed the title to Westerham, Ewer St, Some Dirty Pictures
  • RMweb Gold
55 minutes ago, Fishplate said:

Agreed ! And clean ones of Westerham. Have you got any plans for what is next Adrian? 

Hi, now that is a very good question and one that I have been asking myself. What to do next answers on a £5 note care of Mrs W. Station.

All the best Adrian.

• Funny 4

32 minutes ago, westerhamstation said:

Hi, now that is a very good question and one that I have been asking myself. What to do next answers on a £5 note care of Mrs W. Station.

All the best Adrian.

With a small (ish) extension, you could model Westerham Hill. :jester:

I'll just get my hat and coat ...

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 1

10 minutes ago, westerhamstation said:

Teloxys Aristata or Sea Foam, trees to you and me. Early on in the year I was looking at the trees on Brasted and thought that they were looking  a bit rough and ready, I looked at the price of replacing them with ready made till I saw that for the quantity that would be required a lottery win of quite a size would be needed. So being a tight wad  (read Mrs W Station) I decided to grow my own, a purchase of Teloxys Aristata seeds from this link provided me with a forest in a packet for about £4

https://www.chilternseeds.co.uk/item_1235a_teloxys_aristata_seeds  

Now comes the boring bit, plant seeds in a large pot filled with free draining soil and wait 6months. ......................................... 6months have now passed and your seeds will now look like this if you are lucky.

1.JPG.88c93c53b094dac7fd86ccb5601ec164.JPG

2.JPG.b273953ab8d7f247c05e5e5ab7e3a7aa.JPG

Harvest and hang them up to dry for a week or so.

3.JPG.303bc670c01d218cbd6167d6a8d9be15.JPG

Spray matt brown

4.JPG.da9261536ab0ebfb2c4da7ab4cee482e.JPG

The next part is to plant the trees, which I did by cutting all the old foliage off the existing trees leaving just the trunk and some branches, and then placing the new branches over the old trunks to form the new trees. The foliage was made by first spraying the top of the trees with firm hold hair laquer then a base coat of 2mm fibre were sieved on,  next another spray of laquer and a final layer of coarse turf was applied by hand and another coat of laquer to secure. You need a sunny spot for the seeds as they are a desert plant and can suffer from dampening.

5.JPG.14fd50cf1029c6e3d1b93ce6395f3156.JPG

6.JPG.daa3b711aa5e023ac1ab8257bba631ee.JPG

And some pictures of the finished trees, I wanted it to look like neglected scrubby woodland.

7.JPG.6cee5f176a7ce97b47cb813275a22ac7.JPG

9.JPG.1cd71c24f3834d5cd7645b165609bfa9.JPG

10.JPG.f4015ecc6ef64fc07cf29864a36a497d.JPG

Happy gardening. All the best Adrian.

8.JPG

BLOOMIN WOW, superb young man, thanks for sharing.:good:

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thanks 1

Just get some minic motorway and cover over the railway that would bring the layout up to date………

Also getting my hat and coat

Keith who worked as a junior engineer on the Godstone to county boarder section of the M25………..

ps you need to get an H class what about Dutton Green as well.

• Like 2
  • Funny 3

Superb, Adrian. That density of trees / shrubs is very realistic.

It reminds me of the 009 layouts called Forest Gate and Cliffhanger. If I remember correctly they used expanding foam blobs as the basis for the large area of trees created. 

I wonder what happened to those layouts?

Your method of modelling requires much more patience 

13 hours ago, westerhamstation said:

Spray matt brown

Ps, I trust Matt was unharmed?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 6